Page 1789 of 3370 FirstFirst ... 78912891689173917791787178817891790179117991839188922892789 ... LastLast
Results 35,761 to 35,780 of 67390
    Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    Going commando?
    Not laissez-faire. There need to be some protections.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    The Legen (wait for it) dary knitters thread, originally titled The Very Longest Thread, nicknamed Fred, and later officially renamed The Very Longest Fred Ever, in the Completely Pointless and Arbitrary Group on the knitters' website Ravelry now clocks in a 1,790,785 posts. When some posters in Fred announced that they couldn't keep up, Small Fred was started. Small Fred is now at post #55,575.

Unlike the LTE, I have not read every post in either of these threads. Although I check in from time to time to see what they are talking about. Today, in Fred, the discussion is focused on ordering seeds for summer gardens and in Small Fred, the difficulties of moving a roll-top desk when moving from one apartment building to another. Worthy topics. What Pop-Tarts are to the LTE, cake is to Fred.
    This is absolutely fascinating to me. Thanks for sharing. We have some work to do around here, which is ironic, because I am staunchly opposed to work in any form. I am getting paid right now, and I ain't working.

Spent way too much at Costco today.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Mostly food or crap you don't need?

This would have been a tiny bit better if he drove over in a truck.
    This reminds me of when I moved back to Atlanta from Greenville, NC in 2007. A couple of my closest Duke friends (still to this day two of my closest friends) had moved to ATL by that point, and I wanted to see them ASAP. At the time, I was living at my mother’s house, and owing to logistical considerations, my car was still living in Greenville and all I had was a 19-foot box truck, to be turned in the next day. Not to be deterred, I drove the 19-foot box truck clear across town (no small feat in Atlanta) to spend the evening with my friends. I ended up driving back across town to turn the truck in the next morning, on account of it was...unwise for me to drive the truck back home at evening’s end.

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    This reminds me of when I moved back to Atlanta from Greenville, NC in 2007. A couple of my closest Duke friends (still to this day two of my closest friends) had moved to ATL by that point, and I wanted to see them ASAP. At the time, I was living at my mother’s house, and owing to logistical considerations, my car was still living in Greenville and all I had was a 19-foot box truck, to be turned in the next day. Not to be deterred, I drove the 19-foot box truck clear across town (no small feat in Atlanta) to spend the evening with my friends. I ended up driving back across town to turn the truck in the next morning, on account of it was...unwise for me to drive the truck back home at evening’s end.
    Because you have bad eyesight and aren't supposed to drive at night?

This would have been a tiny bit better if he drove over in a truck.
    Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    Because you have bad eyesight and aren't supposed to drive at night?
    Yes, that’s precisely it. Weirdly, I was seeing double that night.

Yesterday's trip to Costco had me spending $501 in roughly 28 minutes, par for the course. Twelve bottles of wine and a number of Prime steaks will do that...all money well spent.

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    Yesterday's trip to Costco had me spending $501 in roughly 28 minutes, par for the course. Twelve bottles of wine and a number of Prime steaks will do that...all money well spent.
    Socially distanced party at budwom's estate!

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Socially distanced party at budwom's estate!
    we're dying for that (not literally, I add). Just had our first shot, so we think we can host beginning in April, always good to have some Blue Devils stop by, we eat and drink good here. Just in time for the good weather in May...

I have been doing socially distanced outdoor gatherings around the firepit every other month or so.

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    we're dying for that (not literally, I add). Just had our first shot, so we think we can host beginning in April, always good to have some Blue Devils stop by, we eat and drink good here. Just in time for the good weather in May...
    I have been doing socially distanced outdoor gatherings around the firepit every other month or so.
    I think we've still got a bit. We have grandparents and servicemen/women in and around the house and that's about it. With the little guy running around and wife pregnant with #2, we're just going to keep taking it easy for a bit. We don't have a lot of friends in the areas so that helps! Only been here a few years and 1/3rd of it has been pandemic. Hah!

We don't have a lot of friends in the areas so that helps! Only been here a few years and 1/3rd of it has been pandemic. Hah!
    Yes...that's the reason.

Yes...that's the reason.
    Whatever. I’m sure your no dessert, anti-turkey push-up parties hosted by Jay Bilas are SUPER popular.

Whatever. I’m sure your no dessert, anti-turkey push-up parties hosted by Jay Bilas are SUPER popular.
    My mom says I'm very popular!

The one that’s like an escalator?

Boom. Just like someone who takes advantage of both sides of an escalator, we’ve come full circle.

She pays well.

The one that’s like an escalator?

Boom. Just like someone who takes advantage of both sides of an escalator, we’ve come full circle.
    Callback!

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    She pays well.
    Not on her modest teacher's retirement savings.

Mostly food or crap you don't need?
    I'm finally going to setup a spot for my work computer. Right now it is on the kitchen table with my computer's second monitor. So, I bought a couple monitors and a chair. I got some Prime steaks also!