Page 1616 of 3362 FirstFirst ... 61611161516156616061614161516161617161816261666171621162616 ... LastLast
Results 32,301 to 32,320 of 67238
    Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Some of the quotes I've seen for whole house generators have been sizable. As far as Texas utilities go, our uptime has been pretty good and big storms while always possible haven't had much of an impact power wise. Part of that is being in a relatively new part of town where much of the grid is underground.
    you may not be subject to our biggest fear factor, which is having the power go out for days AND the temps dip down to below zero...that would be ugly, pipes would freeze, damage would be considerable...hence the cheaper generator option which allows us to heat the house, take hot showers, keep our fridge going..

Snowing nicely now, expecting 7-11 inches by tomorrow morning, nice 25 mph winds now, too...by the end of the week it is expected to be sunny and around 60 degrees for five days in a row...that's how it is around here...

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    you may not be subject to our biggest fear factor, which is having the power go out for days AND the temps dip down to below zero...that would be ugly, pipes would freeze, damage would be considerable...hence the cheaper generator option which allows us to heat the house, take hot showers, keep our fridge going..
    Yes, summer is the season where it feels like we would be most at risk here.

Yes, summer is the season where it feels like we would be most at risk here.
    I imagine you'd be big time hot and uncomfortable, but it shouldn't be life threatening, right? (says the man who just installed heat pump a/c into his home)...

Snowing nicely now, expecting 7-11 inches by tomorrow morning, nice 25 mph winds now, too...by the end of the week it is expected to be sunny and around 60 degrees for five days in a row...that's how it is around here...
    Wow. Big snow for this early? Remnants of Zeta, right?

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Wow. Big snow for this early? Remnants of Zeta, right?
    I don't think so, Zeta brought us a bit a few days ago..not especially unusual to have an early storm, as unwelcome as it may be...

The cover cut does save me a couple hours a month.

The cover cut does save me a couple hours a month.
    what is this "cover cut" of which you speak?
    just shoveled eight inches of snow, it will be sunny and 60 in two days...

I don't think so, Zeta brought us a bit a few days ago..not especially unusual to have an early storm, as unwelcome as it may be...
    How much you end up getting?

How much you end up getting?
    Eight inches. Lovely, just shoveled. Meanwhile, this deserves at least some attention:https://www.thedailybeast.com/moscow...ith-a-crossbow

Eight inches. Lovely, just shoveled. Meanwhile, this deserves at least some attention:https://www.thedailybeast.com/moscow...ith-a-crossbow
    Hah hah. Did not expect a Moscow sausage king link in your response. At all. Another sausage king, sure. But not the Moscow sausage king.

Hah hah. Did not expect a Moscow sausage king link in your response. At all. Another sausage king, sure. But not the Moscow sausage king.
    Had he listed the top ten ways in which he might ultimately die, I doubt that being killed by a crossbow in his hot tub would have made the list...

what is this "cover cut" of which you speak?
    just shoveled eight inches of snow, it will be sunny and 60 in two days...

New tablet and it autocorrected covid...

And now we have Hurricane Eta...

And now we have Hurricane Eta...
    And not just any hurricane - it's forecast to be a Cat 5 at landfall.

And its remains forecast to move back over the Caribbean where it could regroup.

So 2020.

-jk

Quote Originally Posted by -jk View Post
    And not just any hurricane - it's forecast to be a Cat 5 at landfall.

And its remains forecast to move back over the Caribbean where it could regroup.

So 2020.

-jk
    I think they need to re-look at the naming process, Eta is just plain second rate.

Sometimes, you just have to.

I'm just watching roadrunner/coyote cartoons at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    I'm just watching roadrunner/coyote cartoons at this point.
    I had planned to either watch a movie or read a book. I did neither. Looks like you may have run out of cartoons later in the evening.

I was at work until 10pm. Horrible way to avoid the election result coverage. When I did get home, I picked a Hallmark Christmas movie.