Page 1030 of 3370 FirstFirst ... 3053093098010201028102910301031103210401080113015302030 ... LastLast
Results 20,581 to 20,600 of 67398
    Quote Originally Posted by mattman91 View Post
    We've discussed pb&j, but what about the "Elvis"? The PB & banana sandwich.

Opinions?
    It's just wrong - of course, anything banana is wrong.

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Allergens, in particular sources of pollen. San Antonio is actually pretty bad when it comes to allergies. I did not know that until after moving here. First few years no reaction, but now in the throes of full scale pollen attack.
    Oh - that one. I'm not a fan either. For the same reason.

Quote Originally Posted by mattman91 View Post
    We've discussed pb&j, but what about the "Elvis"? The PB & banana sandwich.

Opinions?
    Great sandwich. PB pairs well with most things.

In the Dark Tower book series they mention a PB/Banana/Bacon sandwich...

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    I worked in a pharmacy in Houston and the common theme was if you didn't have allergies when you moved there, you would develop them.

Yes, exactly my experience.

FWIW, I was doing anything to get away from football. Unfinished business...in my two years in Boston the Sox and the Celts won titles. The Pats were runner ups.

Quote Originally Posted by luburch View Post
    Great sandwich. PB pairs well with most things.

In the Dark Tower book series they mention a PB/Banana/Bacon sandwich...
    Bacon makes everything better. If you can have bacon ice cream, you can have bacon anything.

Speaking of peanut butter, anyone ever tried it on a burger? Much better than I ever expected.

Yes, PB on a burger isn't bad. Maybe not a standard go to but not nearly as frightening as imagined.

I for one am not a PB&J person. Jelly is bleh. But, when Lent begins out goes the booze and the PB. Too easy to consume monstrous amount of calories.
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Bacon makes everything better. If you can have bacon ice cream, you can have bacon anything.

Bacon/Mango compote seems interesting...

Lemme give that one a try.

Nope.
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

It's alumni interview season. My high school senior has already had his Duke interview. It went well. Cornell was last night (it went super well). Stanford is on Saturday. So far, he has not been contacted by Harvard. We'll get over it. He interviewed with a nice young woman from Dickinson College too and she had to tell him that Dickinson has cut their linguistics program! He's not going there.

Right now, his top 3 are William & Mary, Cornell, and Duke. If he gets into at least one of those, we're good.

I know many here will talk about the Beatles and the Stones, but for me, I can't imagine a better set of tracks than the back side of The Police Synchronicity.

A master craftsman still harnessing his gifts:

And the best saxophone solo in the history of rock and roll.

I will throw in Joe Jackson's look Sharp as an incredibly well-crafted and assembled album, front to back. An underappreciated gem.

Well, at least Vandy won today.

Well, at least Vandy won today.
    And unc lost.

No football today. Well, football that counts.

Amping up the snark...

I do think I called it first, but I wasn't in chat...

I do think I called it first, but I wasn't in chat...
    What did you call - the Jack White Explosion? ;-)

My senior pup has had a rough go of it in recent months...repaired otic (ear) hematoma last summer, acute corneal abrasion in October/November, and then managed to rip a claw all the way out of his paw in early January (my god, do those things bleed).
    The upshot of all of this has been an inordinate amount of time wearing the dreaded Cone of Shame, but the news at the latest checkup yesterday was good. For a time, there was concern that if Walter's nail didn't grow back, he would have to have a toe amputated, because an exposed quick is an invitation to chronic discomfort and infection. But at the bandage changing on Monday, there was a little bit of nail starting to poke back through. The vet now says that it'll be another while, but there is very little chance of amputation. She also says that his underlying, systemic health is very strong for his breed(s) and age.
    So I'm giving thanks today. I've been very blessed with this dog.