Page 144 of 3369 FirstFirst ... 44941341421431441451461541942446441144 ... LastLast
Results 2,861 to 2,880 of 67370
    While I haven't gotten much in the way of response to my duck/tail query, I'd like to take a small bow for seemingly jumpstarting the LTE a bit.

wilson, you did indeed jump start the LTE with the duck tale business. Kudos!

Upon further reflection, I think that I'd have to go with the tail. Taking a duck on the plane these days would be a major hassle.

lte

Quote Originally Posted by Fish80 View Post
    Tied! Perhaps we should set our sites on Wilson. Only 6 posts ahead, definitely within reach.

Just to keep the post legitimate, I will mention duck tales. Duck tales.
    I have (it's called "drafting" a famous Lavabe trick)

lte

wilson, you did indeed jump start the LTE with the duck tale business. Kudos!

Upon further reflection, I think that I'd have to go with the tail. Taking a duck on the plane these days would be a major hassle.
    or would you rather be a fish? A fish don't do anything but...

lte

Wait a minute, how can Fish80 and I be tied, yet s/he is always listed above me on the post counter? Shouldn't it be alphabetical or seniority based? No, I am not that old but...

Oops, never mind, I am leading again

I better watch out for Fish80 and devildeac as you're closing on my tail, duck or otherwise.

To continue Wilson's revival of the thread:

devil's food cake or drakes devil dogs?

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    or would you rather be a fish? A fish don't do anything but...
    fish don't do anything but what?

swim? eat? breathe? (sort of) make new fishes?

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Wait a minute, how can Fish80 and I be tied, yet s/he is always listed above me on the post counter? Shouldn't it be alphabetical or seniority based? No, I am not that old but...

Oops, never mind, I am leading again
    I noticed that too, when we are tied I am in the lead. I wonder how they figure that out? Maybe I posted before you in this thread?

[Fish80 is a male fish.]

Red face Missed Fish by that much...

Quote Originally Posted by TillyGalore View Post
    I better watch out for Fish80 and devildeac as you're closing on my tail, duck or otherwise.

I didn't realize there's a posting competition on this thread. How do I get in on it?

I have been tied up with house stuff lately, so I am not at my usual level of PWing for this thread.

The house stuff is proceeding well, but I'll post official word once we are close to close (!) here in Atlanta. We accepted an offer on our house. It looks like ILoveJimmy, LegacyLady (T 2018?)*, and I will leave for good the environs of Atlanta Aug. 16th. In the meantime, I guess we can start looking for houses in 10 days. Guess I better open up another thread on that one.

Sorry Fish, but I don't think we'll overlap when y'all come down to Atlanta.

The Atlanta DBR Mafia lives on!
    Cheers,
    Lavabe

* That would be our daughter (and NO, she is not old enough to post on the DBR). When you combine our family with that of the devildeacs, our daughter might rack up a ton of legacy points (and hence the nickname here).

Quote Originally Posted by Lavabe View Post
    I didn't realize there's a posting competition on this thread. How do I get in on it?

I have been tied up with house stuff lately, so I am not at my usual level of PWing for this thread.

The house stuff is proceeding well, but I'll post official word once we are close to close (!) here in Atlanta. We accepted an offer on our house. It looks like ILoveJimmy, LegacyLady (T 2018?)*, and I will leave for good the environs of Atlanta Aug. 16th. In the meantime, I guess we can start looking for houses in 10 days. Guess I better open up another thread on that one.

Sorry Fish, but I don't think we'll overlap when y'all come down to Atlanta.

The Atlanta DBR Mafia lives on!
    Cheers,
    Lavabe

* That would be our daughter (and NO, she is not old enough to post on the DBR). When you combine our family with that of the devildeacs, our daughter might rack up a ton of legacy points (and hence the nickname here).
    Good luck with the selling and buying and moving. Perhaps you will come back to Atlanta for a visit sometime?

devildeac is trying to outpost me in this thread but I won't go down easy.

Lavabe, you are in a very tight race for third place in the LTE post count. Third, fourth, and fifth places are only separated by 1 post.

Quote Originally Posted by TillyGalore View Post

Devil dogs. Coincidentally, when my puppy gets all riled up, we call her "devil dog".

With this post I can tie the Wilson and set my sights on the Tilly.

Fear the Fish.

Obvious response

Lavabe, you are in a very tight race for third place in the LTE post count. Third, fourth, and fifth places are only separated by 1 post.
    Really?

Isn't BostonDevil in control of this thing?

I prefer ring dings or king dons or ding dongs or big wheel or whatever you call them to devil dogs.

Quote Originally Posted by Lavabe View Post
    Really?

Isn't BostonDevil in control of this thing?
    Ymo has a commanding lead in LTE post count.

With this post I can tie the Wilson and set my sights on the Tilly.

Fear the Fish.
    Last time someone set their sights on me...oh never mind.

Ymo has a commanding lead in LTE post count.
    Yes and I did it the old fashioned way, I earned it...(in my best John Houseman voice).

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Geez, you go out of town for 3 weeks and look what happens.

Devil dogs.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    Geez, you go out of town for 3 weeks and look what happens.

Devil dogs.
    I'm with Fish80, Ding Dongs are the way to go. They called them King Dons in some places I lived, must be like the whole Hellman's/Best Foods thing...

How do you find the thread post count?

And also, would you rather have three ears or a somewhat important (though not absolutely essential...think spleen, or second kidney) body part that wasn't actually attached to your body, thus requiring you to keep up with it or deal with some unpleasant consequences if you lost it?