Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by CDu View Post
    Note: I'm doing this scouting report hesitantly, as it may prove to be a waste of time based on what we've already seen happen this season. But, here goes.

Coppin State is a program in transition. Juan Dixon has brought in 7 new faces (2 freshmen, 3 JuCo transfers, 2 regular transfers) to a team that was pretty bad last year (11-20 overal, 7-9 in the MEAC). They also lost their starting center (Medley-Bacon) to transfer to VCU and a few other key players to graduation. It's going to be a very different looking team this year.

They will play small and fast, and will shoot a lot of 3s. They don't get many rebounds and they don't block shots, but they are not awful at forcing turnovers. It's likely to be a bad team again (that's life in the MEAC).

C: They only have one on the roster in Kenan Sarvan (6'10", 225lb redshirt freshman from the Netherlands). It's unclear how much he'll play this year, as he was a redshirt last year. I suspect they'll go more forward heavy given their incoming group in the frontcourt (see below).

Forwards: Anthony Tarke (6'6", 220lb grad transfer from UTEP/NJIT), Domantas Sakickas (6'7", 230lb JuCo transfer from Lithuania), and Bryce Hunt (6'7", 225lb junior JuCo transfer) are new to the lineup and are likely to make up the frontcourt for the Eagles. Tarke is athletic with a chiseled frame, and plays a high-energy game. He's not a great shooter (not abysmal for a forward, but not great), and is sort of in the Henry Coleman ilk. Bryce Hunt is a slightly bigger version of the same concept, but with less shooting skill. Sakickas is a little more of a shooter and less athletic than the other two, but he's still got the rugged build to bang inside.

Wings: Koby Thomas (6'6", 190lb fifth-year senior after 2 years at RoMo) is the star of the team, a senior returning as their leading scorer last year. Thomas is a fantastic athlete whose skill set is playing catchup. He's dangerous in transition, plays above the rim, and is capable of picking up steals and blocks, but his shooting touch is quite raw. He's the type of player who feasts off mistakes and opportunity buckets rather than a polished scorer. Because of his length and athleticism, he could play some smallball 4 for them if needed. Chereef Knox (6'5", 210lb sophomore transfer from St Joe's) is not as athletic but more smooth and polished on the wing, with a little more of an outside shooting touch. Reggie James (6'4", 195lb sophomore) is athletic with a decent shooting touch coming off the bench. Redshirt freshman Isiah Gross (6'4", 210lb) Anthony Tarke's little brother Nendah Tarke (6'4", 190lb freshman) round out the group, but should probably play sparingly.

Guards: Dejuan Clayton (6'2", 185lb 5th year senior) is the other star of the team. He's a downhill-type lead guard who forces turnovers, scores in transition, and handles the ball really well, but isn't much of a shooter. He's a veteran and one of the stars of the MEAC though, so our guards should be wary. Behind him is Dwaine Jones (6'5", 175lb freshman). Jones is a role-playing style PG, pass-first and defense-first.

The team should be a bit more dynamic and versatile this year, and could give a guy like Hurt trouble with their physicality and athleticism. So that'll be a nice first test for our sophomore F/C. Clayton should be a nice test for Roach as well, given his experience and savvy. And the Thomas/Moore matchup could be fun as well.

In all, it's a veteran opponent that plays a frenetic style, so that could be challenging for an opener. But in terms of talent, we're talking night and day between Duke and Coppin State, even with this not being as top-heavy a Duke team as we are used to seeing.
    -
    Let's hope that Sa-kick-as Forward doesn't live up to his name.

More optimism

Steven Wiseman of the N&O reporting Coppin State staff have tested negative and that the game is scheduled to be played on Saturday at 2 p.m.

https://twitter.com/stevewisemanNC/s...11921866379266

Hopefully Game ON, so how do I watch on ACCNX?

I have the ACC network via Uverse, so can I stream this on ESPN.com (Watch)??

Quote Originally Posted by ingrjc1 View Post
    I have the ACC network via Uverse, so can I stream this on ESPN.com (Watch)??
    Yup. It'll ask you to login with your Uverse credentials.

Duke opens as a 36.5-pt favorite (over/under 149).

Quote Originally Posted by CDu View Post
    Wings: Koby Thomas (6'6", 190lb fifth-year senior after 2 years at RoMo) is the star of the team, a senior returning as their leading scorer last year.

[snip]

Guards: Dejuan Clayton (6'2", 185lb 5th year senior) is the other star of the team.
    Will be interested in seeing how lockdown-ish Wendell and JGold / Jeremy are against their respective matchups above.

Can anyone suggest the most likely radio station that I'll be able to pick up the game in Emporia Virginia?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by nocilla View Post
    Can anyone suggest the most likely radio station that I'll be able to pick up the game in Emporia Virginia?

Thanks.
    No, but if you download the TuneIn app on your phone, you can try these stations (particularly the "Duke Basketball" one from "Learfield IMG College"): https://tunein.com/radio/Duke-Blue-Devils-a37610/

Accnx?

I have Spectrum TV and also a subscription to ESPN + but can't find the game anywhere? I can't believe the number one followed NCAA basketball team can't be seen. Can anyone help?

Quote Originally Posted by Troublemaker View Post
    No, but if you download the TuneIn app on your phone, you can try these stations (particularly the "Duke Basketball" one from "Learfield IMG College"): https://tunein.com/radio/Duke-Blue-Devils-a37610/
    Yep. I have had good luck with this App, for both basketball and football. The good thing is that you can listen to it anywhere, even when on a long drive or while doing chores. (In the case of listening to football games, do NOT do any chores using sharp instruments, nor listen to football games using ear buds if you are in polite company.)

Quote Originally Posted by revmel53 View Post
    I have Spectrum TV and also a subscription to ESPN + but can't find the game anywhere? I can't believe the number one followed NCAA basketball team can't be seen. Can anyone help?
    When you open the ESPN app, click on “WATCH”
    It’s not under ESPN+. After you click “WATCH” you’ll see a bunch of games from different sports pop up. Click on “college basketball” and a bunch of college bball games should pop up. Scroll through until you find Duke-Coppin State.

I found it on the ESPN App on my smart tv. Otherwise I also saw it on my ESPN phone app, and can cast or AirPlay to the TV.

"ACCNX" means that you have to stream it on the ESPN app (as opposed to watching it from a channel on your cable box).

The ESPN app will ask you to login with your Spectrum credentials.

I have a uverse/directv subscription (XTRA) but the ESPN app says ACCNX is not available to me even though I get ACCN on my satellite. Anyone know how to deal with this? Would upgrading to ESPN + get me ACCNX? Time is running out.

Quote Originally Posted by follyblue View Post
    I have a uverse/directv subscription (XTRA) but the ESPN app says ACCNX is not available to me even though I get ACCN on my satellite. Anyone know how to deal with this? Would upgrading to ESPN + get me ACCNX? Time is running out.
    Do you get the acc network w/ your uverse/directv subscription?
    "This is the best of all possible worlds."
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

It looks like I can get it on my Apple TV's ESPN app with an ATT Uverse subscription.

Interestingly when I searched for "Duke" I didn't see it, but when I searched for "basketball" it showed up as a live event option.

DBR Chat is open!

If it gets a bit slow, refresh the page. If you're on a mobile device, you'll need to select "Blue" at the bottom.

If it's running too fast for you, you can always check out the chat archive to catch up.

As always - please follow the DBR Posting Guidelines.

Let's Go Duke!

-jk

Quote Originally Posted by chrishoke View Post
    Do you get the acc network w/ your uverse/directv subscription?
    Yes. I should say I can't get the Pitt Drexel game to come up, so I am assuming I can't get the Duke game.

On the ESPN app, are you logged in using your uverse id and password? (Sorry, not being there, I have to ask the basic questions).

Signing up for ESPN+ would *not* give you the game, as far as I know.

Yes. I should say I can't get the Pitt Drexel game to come up, so I am assuming I can't get the Duke game.
    The Pitt-Drexel game hasn't yet reached halftime, and the Duke game is slated to tip at 2:00 p.m. -- about 10 minutes from now. Will the ACCNX simply cut off the Pitt game and switch to the Duke game, or are we going to be limited to a live telecast of only the second half?

Quote Originally Posted by Troublemaker View Post
    On the ESPN app, are you logged in using your uverse id and password? (Sorry, not being there, I have to ask the basic questions).

Signing up for ESPN+ would *not* give you the game, as far as I know.
    Yes, I am signed it. I got my old apple tv box (just got a new smart tv) and it is able to stream Pitt game through app. Don't know why I can't get app to stream ACCNX on my phone. Hopefully I have fixed and this is not just a preview.