Page 781 of 3370 FirstFirst ... 28168173177177978078178278379183188112811781 ... LastLast
Results 15,601 to 15,620 of 67390
    Looks like the thread survived!

My mashed taters lost their lumps, though.

Overall, I remain in relative equipoise.

Equanimity - equipoisity? - is a good thing.

-jk

JK, will the boards be linked from the new site? I couldn't find a link other than in the Welcome article.

Also, the reply page looks wonky... this is what I'm seeing:

Screen Shot 2013-10-23 at 10.57.11 PM.jpg

Edit: I'm on a Mac and browsing in Firefox.

I've been walkin' in my sleep
    Countin' troubles 'stead of countin' sheep
    Where the years went I can't say
    I just turned around and they've gone away

I've been siftin' through the layers
    Of dusty books and faded papers
    They tell a story I used to know
    And it was one that happened so long ago

It's gone away in yesterday
    Now I find myself on the moutainside
    Where the rivers change direction
    Across the Great Divide

Now, I hear the owl a-callin'
    Softly as the night was fallin'
    With a question and I replied
    But he's gone across the borderline

Across the Great Divide

The finest hour that I have seen
    Is the one that comes between
    The edge of night and the break of day
    It's when the darkness rolls away

Across the Great Divide

Nanci Griffth - "Other Voices, Other Rooms"
    <lyrics posted without permission>

(seemed appropriate even without any poptart references... I'll take my lumps, with or without the gravy...)
    "Quality is not an option!"

Found it.
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

About 150 feet in front of the Duke Chapel doors.
    Quote Originally Posted by sue71 View Post
    JK, will the boards be linked from the new site? I couldn't find a link other than in the Welcome article.

Also, the reply page looks wonky... this is what I'm seeing:

Screen Shot 2013-10-23 at 10.57.11 PM.jpg

Edit: I'm on a Mac and browsing in Firefox.
    I'll answer for -jk : The boards will be linked, supposedly very soon, like in the next day or two. As you noted, there's a link in the "Welcome" article, and we posted info here prior to the switch over, but there will be a permanent link of some sort on the new front page as soon as the team can get around to it.

As for reporting glitches in the user interface, please use the thread on the EK Board to report those.

Thanks!
    JBDuke

Andre Dawkins: “People ask me if I can still shoot, and I ask them if they can still breathe. That’s kind of the same thing.”

Woke up this morning after a very strange dream:

I dreamed that basketball season had started, and that we beat a top 20 football team on the road while becoming bowl eligible! I liked the dream so much that I am going back to bed, hoping that the dream continues.

Quote Originally Posted by TruBlu View Post
    Woke up this morning after a very strange dream:

I dreamed that basketball season had started, and that we beat a top 20 football team on the road while becoming bowl eligible! I liked the dream so much that I am going back to bed, hoping that the dream continues.
    Ha! I dreamed (nightmared?) last night that the ACC office announced that the game was "under further review" and this AM they determined that the ruling on the field had been overturned and vt had won the game 'cuz they had more first downs, total yards and time of possession than we did and therefore deserved to win the game. I got up and took a cold shower and felt much better after reading the newspaper and espn recaps of the game.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

For those that enjoy soccer, you might have seen this on Sportscenter's Top Ten one day last week: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=848Hd4RtM3w

The goalie is one of the youth from my church.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Someone needs to tell BostonDevil that if this thread does not survive, start a new LTE on the new format.

I have been thinking of retiring OPK and starting over, so if I do not see y'all on the other side it's been a blast.

--OPK
    Well, I missed this post originally but I strongly, STRONGLY disagree.
    Why would you even contemplate such a thing?

Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post
    Well, I missed this post originally but I strongly, STRONGLY disagree.
    Why would you even contemplate such a thing?
    The joy of rebuilding. I'm the Steve Spurrier of the Internet. Without the visor, of course.

Just had to share this. You might have seen it as one of the Top 10 plays on SportsCenter last week. The goalie is one of the youth from my church. http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/highsc...143701264.html

The joy of rebuilding. I'm the Steve Spurrier of the Internet. Without the visor, of course.
    How about the hair? That much hair needs a visor. Don't worry we'll always love you visor/hair or not. No changing monikers, though. A gentleman would never assume another identity...unless on the lam from the law...

Happy Saturday, everyone.

When I got home last night, the forms were installed for the new patio. I hope we have a week of dry weather so the patio can be poured and the fence installed. I want to move everyhing back down so my car can go in the garage.
    And I'm tired of living in a fish bowl.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    Happy Saturday, everyone.

When I got home last night, the forms were installed for the new patio. I hope we have a week of dry weather so the patio can be poured and the fence installed. I want to move everyhing back down so my car can go in the garage.
    And I'm tired of living in a fish bowl.
    Pics? Before/during/after.

I hear ya DinK. Decided to paint one bathroom and bedroom, counter change around sink, pull up carpet in bedroom.
    Easy, right?
    Five weeks of fun.

Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post
    I hear ya DinK. Decided to paint one bathroom and bedroom, counter change around sink, pull up carpet in bedroom.
    Easy, right?
    Five weeks of fun.
    I live in a townhouse so I have no control over the timing of outside projects. My backyard is the patio, some additional space for flower boxes and a fence. Since it was surrounded by a fence, I have no drapes or blinds on my 8 foot sliding glass door. I feel very exposed while watching tv. Plus I had to dig up all my perennials and relocate my Korean tombstone while the project happens. Hope he finishes this week so I can move everything back. These projects always take longer than anticipated.

Thanksgiving just a week away, taking lumpy mashed potato orders now. Who's got my gravy?

Thanksgiving just a week away, taking lumpy mashed potato orders now. Who's got my gravy?
    Ugh, Thanksgiving. It's usually my favorite holiday, but this year... ugh. Law school. Ugh.

(Note: First final is Dec. 2, aka the Monday after Thanksgiving.)

Option A
    I can go home for a 1-4 days, as long as I believe I'll be able to study.

Plus: I'll be home. Plus: I'll get to see my parents. Minus: Not sure I believe I can study sufficiently without distractions. (???: Food... not sure if my mom is cooking this year because she said she'd rather go OUT TO DINNER. I say blasphemy. It's Thanksgiving, for goodness sake. I have a strict "No going out to dinner on Thanksgiving" rule.)

Option B
    Go to a friend's house about an hour away for Thanksgiving dinner.

Plus: It's just for half a day or so. Plus: I haven't seen this friend since the summer. Plus: Home cooked meal. Minus: I don't get to go home and see my parents. Minus: I don't really get a break from studying (or is that a plus?).

I've been trying to make this decision for a month now. Still can't decide. It may be an 11th hour decision, as in, literally the night before. ::sigh::

EDIT:
    Option C
    I just order turkey, lumpy mashed potatoes, etc from my DBR friends.

I'll take some lumpy potatoes. Let me know when you want the gravy to arrive.

Quote Originally Posted by sue71 View Post
    Ugh, Thanksgiving. It's usually my favorite holiday, but this year... ugh. Law school. Ugh.

(Note: First final is Dec. 2, aka the Monday after Thanksgiving.)

Option A
    I can go home for a 1-4 days, as long as I believe I'll be able to study.

Plus: I'll be home. Plus: I'll get to see my parents. Minus: Not sure I believe I can study sufficiently without distractions. (???: Food... not sure if my mom is cooking this year because she said she'd rather go OUT TO DINNER. I say blasphemy. It's Thanksgiving, for goodness sake. I have a strict "No going out to dinner on Thanksgiving" rule.)

Option B
    Go to a friend's house about an hour away for Thanksgiving dinner.

Plus: It's just for half a day or so. Plus: I haven't seen this friend since the summer. Plus: Home cooked meal. Minus: I don't get to go home and see my parents. Minus: I don't really get a break from studying (or is that a plus?).

I've been trying to make this decision for a month now. Still can't decide. It may be an 11th hour decision, as in, literally the night before. ::sigh::

EDIT:
    Option C
    I just order turkey, lumpy mashed potatoes, etc from my DBR friends.
    I'll send yhe gravy and through in a piece or two of pie. Still working on the pie selection. Options are pumpkin, bourbon pecan, cranberry apple streusel (aka crapple), french silk, Reese's Mousse, search for a new recipe.

Let me know you pleasure.