Page 774 of 3388 FirstFirst ... 27467472476477277377477577678482487412741774 ... LastLast
Results 15,461 to 15,480 of 67755
    image.jpg

Would never try to do that . . . .

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    image.jpg

Bwahahahaha!

Attachment 3496Attachment 3496

Ribs going in the smoker. Be here by 7.
    image.jpg

I wish I had seen this earlier. If only I had won the lottery this week, I would have been there. But I guess you have to play to win so I'm SOL.

And now I'm hungry!

And thirsty!

image.jpg

I approve of your beverage pairing with your ribs. I'd give you a few sporks to eat with also but not allowed. Yet.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Did an experiment. Prepared all racks with the same mustard and spice rub. Half, I smoked for five hours straight. Half, I did the old 2-2-1 method (2 hours straight, two in foil, one straight up again). Really thought the straight cooking worked better. Will have to repeat the experiment next week.

Beer went well with both, as did a good Lodi Red blend.

Did an experiment. Prepared all racks with the same mustard and spice rub. Half, I smoked for five hours straight. Half, I did the old 2-2-1 method (2 hours straight, two in foil, one straight up again). Really thought the straight cooking worked better. Will have to repeat the experiment next week.

Beer went well with both, as did a good Lodi Red blend.
    Now the beer needs to be reviewed on the Ymm, Beer thread...

The sacrifices you endure for the sake of science. Thanks for taking one for the team, OPK.

Quote Originally Posted by DevilAlumna View Post
    The sacrifices you endure for the sake of science. Thanks for taking one for the team, OPK.
    Science is all about repeatable results, after all.

You want me on this wall. You need me on this wall.

A bit of humor on a warm summer afternoon:

From Shoe in the Raleigh N&O yesterday AM:

Dear Editor:

Why is golf called "golf"?

Signed,

Walter in Center Valley

Dear Walter,

Because @#$%, &#*! and $%@% were already taken.

Photo fraud?

Adorable photo of two kids on the front page of DBR, with the caption saying that they were one day old. As a parent myself, I thought they looked too alert and large to be just 24 hours (plus 9 months) old.

Here's a google images shot of day old babies:

https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&...61.J5sA1aS_4lI

I am asking for a formal apology from both the parents and DBR staff, and an informal gurgle of a mea culpa from the babies. Does DBR think WE were born yesterday?

s.i.

image.jpg

Welcome back to school, at least here in Georgia.

Every once in a while I do something worth bragging about, but I don't. This time is the time though, I am bragging. Today, in a highly competitive match with about 20 guys, I shot my age, and they are annoyed because my team took the entire pot. As one gets older the task seems reachable, but the aging process tends to raise one's scores. It is simply not possible for those of us in our fifties, not in the sixties either, except for a few fit pros. It gets in one's mind that it can be done for a close to scratch player in his seventies, but he is finding out that it's harder to make the silky smooth swing that it takes to get the ball on the green in regulation. Bogie golf becomes the goal of most golfers in their later years. Even lessons or new clubs don't help, but today, in spite of all of the arthritis and other maladies that are common in these age groups, my score for 18 holes on a cool August day was a net 60. Par is 72 here on our course, and my plans are to do it again. Now if I told you my gross score you would know my age, and that's classified.

Quote Originally Posted by Jarhead View Post
    Every once in a while I do something worth bragging about, but I don't. This time is the time though, I am bragging. Today, in a highly competitive match with about 20 guys, I shot my age, and they are annoyed because my team took the entire pot. As one gets older the task seems reachable, but the aging process tends to raise one's scores. It is simply not possible for those of us in our fifties, not in the sixties either, except for a few fit pros. It gets in one's mind that it can be done for a close to scratch player in his seventies, but he is finding out that it's harder to make the silky smooth swing that it takes to get the ball on the green in regulation. Bogie golf becomes the goal of most golfers in their later years. Even lessons or new clubs don't help, but today, in spite of all of the arthritis and other maladies that are common in these age groups, my score for 18 holes on a cool August day was a net 60. Par is 72 here on our course, and my plans are to do it again. Now if I told you my gross score you would know my age, and that's classified.
    Congratulations!

Quote Originally Posted by Jarhead View Post
    Congrats Jarhead!
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Ch-ch-ch-changes

I have spent the evening investigating potty seats, reading up on ways to potty train little girls, and also feeling Future-Devil-Alum #2 kick like he wants to be the next Clint Dempsey.

I come here to catch up on the OT boards, and the Ymm, Beer thread I started almost 6 years ago is at the top, taunting me. It's cruel, really, I could use a couple cold ones; it's painful to read about all the tasty beverages I am forgoing.

And then I remind myself, <sigh>, problems to have, but still. Wah.

I have spent the evening investigating potty seats, reading up on ways to potty train little girls, and also feeling Future-Devil-Alum #2 kick like he wants to be the next Clint Dempsey.

I come here to catch up on the OT boards, and the Ymm, Beer thread I started almost 6 years ago is at the top, taunting me. It's cruel, really, I could use a couple cold ones; it's painful to read about all the tasty beverages I am forgoing.

Congrats on your second blessing! And don't worry, they will drive you to drink and catch up.

Congrats DA! OzzieDaughter is preggers with #2 also, this time a grandson to be! You take care of that FDA#2, and you and FDA#1, too!
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Quote Originally Posted by OZZIE4DUKE View Post
    Congrats DA! OzzieDaughter is preggers with #2 also, this time a grandson to be! You take care of that FDA#2, and you and FDA#1, too!
    Congrats to OzzieDaughter, and you to as well, Ozzie! I'm sure your adorable little granddaughter will be a great big sister.

Congrats on your second blessing! And don't worry, they will drive you to drink and catch up.
    Without a doubt, OPK! I was finally getting back into the swing of things (decently stocked wine rack, nice selection of whiskeys in place, good beer options on hand) when #2 made his arrival known. Plus, now it's the right season here in the PNW for lovely fruity cocktails, and dear hubby makes excellent margaritas. Sigh.

When these kids are older, I won't be pulling the "I was in 28 hours of labor with you" story, I'll be using the, "I gave up (most) alcohol for 9+ months for you!"