Page 638 of 3384 FirstFirst ... 13853858862863663763863964064868873811381638 ... LastLast
Results 12,741 to 12,760 of 67668
    Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    Way to get us to 12,500, DA. Congratulations!

I know you made the 12,500 post Ozzie, but DA got you there. Congrats to you, too.
    I should have made two posts out of this. What was I thinking?

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    My Scrabble game with Lavabe has stalled. I think the lemurs have his attention for the time being.

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    I need to catch up on my 'Lost' thread but I'm stalling. I have 4 episodes to report.

Quote Originally Posted by DevilAlumna View Post
    Sadly, with all this crazie talk going on, I don't think there's anyone in here any more, so no drafting help here.
    Sure, the one night I go to bed early.

Did anyone watch the Tony's last night? The three boys who won Best Actor from Billy Elliot are totally cutely naive in their thankyou's.
    Aaaarrrrgggghhhh! My friend's son was the 4th boy. No, there were never 4 boys rotating the role, but he was the last one cut and they chose the other 3 boys. Either Kev was too short and they were too tall, or vice versa. To be cut on height alone. Frack.

Quote Originally Posted by sue71 View Post
    Sure, the one night I go to bed early.

Aaaarrrrgggghhhh! My friend's son was the 4th boy. No, there were never 4 boys rotating the role, but he was the last one cut and they chose the other 3 boys. Either Kev was too short and they were too tall, or vice versa. To be cut on height alone. Frack.
    I stayed up way to late - found Singing in the Rain on TV and had to watch the rest of it. (Just wasn't online)

Being 4 out of 3 does stink.

Yea to be cut last does suck.
    Do you know hows he taking it?

Quote Originally Posted by dukefanbrooklyn View Post
    Yea to be cut last does suck.
    Do you know hows he taking it?
    He's fine. He rolls with it. Heck he got to audition for Sir Elton John.

Instead, this year he was one of the Knicks Kids (or whatever they're called). He's done Broadway before, and opted out of other stuff that would take him away from home this year more regularly because he wanted to be with his friends. Go figure. The kid is a great talent but he is a great kid too.

So Sue, do you think YOU can dance?

So Sue, do you think YOU can dance?
    Yes. Well I used to be able to, anyway.

Will dance for new transmissions. They say the transmission is gone daddy gone and will take $2000 to be better than new. I am going to go for it. The fantasy is to keep it long enough for the young Turks to learn to drive in it. That way I won't care when they crash it into things like garages and mailboxes...

Quote Originally Posted by Turk View Post
    Will dance for new transmissions. They say the transmission is gone daddy gone and will take $2000 to be better than new. I am going to go for it. The fantasy is to keep it long enough for the young Turks to learn to drive in it. That way I won't care when they crash it into things like garages and mailboxes...
    Well that's putting a positive spin on things!

You are now an apprentice of optimism!
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

My car is injured!

Something is wrong with the right rear suspension. It feels funny driving, is making a clunking sound, and bled a little bit on the garage floor. My guess is the shock absorber gave up. It's going into the shop tomorrow.

If it is the shock, should I replace both rear shocks? All four? The car has 98k miles.

Quote Originally Posted by Fish80 View Post
    My car is injured!

Something is wrong with the right rear suspension. It feels funny driving, is making a clunking sound, and bled a little bit on the garage floor. My guess is the shock absorber gave up. It's going into the shop tomorrow.

If it is the shock, should I replace both rear shocks? All four? The car has 98k miles.
    At least both rear shocks, but probably all four so they match in response. Check with another service shop, either the dealer or a tire shop if you trust either to give you a truthful answer, and get their opinion. Of course, I'd guess that there is a 99.999% chance they'll tell you to replace all four. Honestly, better safe than sorry, as the shocks, or struts, are what give you the handling (and comfort) that you want in your car.

I originally posted that you might have a bad CV joint, but then remembered you said rear suspension, so never mind...
    Last edited by OZZIE4DUKE; 06-11-2009 at 10:45 AM. Reason: Corrected stupid error

9F 9F 9F

Thanks Ozzie. Fortunately, there's a mechanic nearby who is very good and trustworthy. He's been doing work for us for several years on our cars.

Unfortunately, replacing all four shocks isn't going to be cheap. The rear shocks are about $100 and the front struts about $150. Plus labor, it could be $750 or more.

If those are the original shocks / struts on the vehicle, 100K miles of use is pretty good. Ozzie is right - if the one shock is bad, best replace both rear ones while you're at it. But I would treat the front ones as a separate evaluation and repair. They're usually heavier-duty than the rear ones because of their importance to good handling and also because of the weight distribution of the vehicle. You might be able to get another 6-12 months out of them and schedule the replacement at your convenience. Good luck!!

-- Turk "Your apprentice of optimisim!"

-- Turk "Your apprentice of optimism! "
    Gotta love it! But you gotta spell it right, too!

9F 9F 9F

Man, I'm not alone with the car woes - I've got a blown head valve gasket on my 2000 Altima.

Luckily, Mr. DA is a handy guy, and is attempting the repair himself, as to take it in to the shop would cost about 1/3 the value of the car. It's slow going though, as he's basically had to tear down most of my engine. We've also found that my front engine mount was busted.

Man, I'm not alone with the car woes - I've got a blown head valve gasket on my 2000 Altima.

Luckily, Mr. DA is a handy guy, and is attempting the repair himself, as to take it in to the shop would cost about 1/3 the value of the car. It's slow going though, as he's basically had to tear down most of my engine. We've also found that my front engine mount was busted.
    I'd say vibes for your car, but if you have a busted engine mount, it's already had too many vibes!

9F 9F 9F

Ouch! He's pretty handy if he can replace the engine mount. Sometimes you have to lift the engine to do that repair.

In my youth I did my own oil changes and repairs. Cars are more complex now and my time is too. Complex time? That's confusing.

No one has passed me yet...