Page 128 of 3369 FirstFirst ... 28781181261271281291301381782286281128 ... LastLast
Results 2,541 to 2,560 of 67370
    Waterloo, Ontario (unfortunately, no longer in London England).
    Quote Originally Posted by 2535Miles View Post
    Wow. I hope you have tons of fun and take lots of pictures.

I'd like to post at least a couple of photos but am not sure how to post photos directly from my computer. Can that be done (if so, can someone explain how?) or do I need to put them online first? If they have to go online first I guess I can just add them to my Facebook page and insert that url.

Quote Originally Posted by colchar View Post
    I'd like to post at least a couple of photos but am not sure how to post photos directly from my computer. Can that be done (if so, can someone explain how?) or do I need to put them online first? If they have to go online first I guess I can just add them to my Facebook page and insert that url.

I tried to post some photos that I had uploaded to my Facebook account this morning but it didn't work out. If someone can tell me how to post pictures (I guess I'll have to create an account on some photo storage site?) I'd really appreciate it.

I can't help you with the photo question colchar but add me to the list of the officially jealous. We are going to Scotland next month but being a bit pressed for time we are skipping Glasgow this time. Pity - it's one of my favorite cities. We decided to spend more time out in the boonies than in the cities for my son's first ever trip outside of the US.

I will watch this space for photos.

Quote Originally Posted by merry View Post
    I can't help you with the photo question colchar but add me to the list of the officially jealous. We are going to Scotland next month but being a bit pressed for time we are skipping Glasgow this time. Pity - it's one of my favorite cities. We decided to spend more time out in the boonies than in the cities for my son's first ever trip outside of the US.

I will watch this space for photos.
    Where are you heading - to Edinburgh or up in the Highlands somewhere? And are you going anywhere else in Britain while you're here?

Talking Grad Student?

Quote Originally Posted by dukemomLA View Post
    I'm thinkin' that this entire thread should be placed in a time capsule and buried in K'Ville. Perhaps some graduate student could base a thesis on it.
    It would need to be a psych, perhaps abnormal psych, grad student.

Also - I had to test the emoticon limits.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    It would need to be a psych, perhaps abnormal psych, grad student.

Also - I had to test the emoticon limits.
    Abnormal psych doubling in cultural anthropology, with a doctorate in nutrition and health sciences

Quote Originally Posted by Fish80 View Post
    Abnormal psych doubling in cultural anthropology, with a doctorate in nutrition and health sciences
    And animal behavior thrown in as well.

I'm surprised no one's mentioned this site yet on DBR OT or PPB:

http://www.youvebeenleftbehind.com/

Just for Colchar's benefit, I'm adding their "Why" you should subscribe to their service:
    [it's your] one last chance to bring them to Christ and snatch them from the flames!

Talking I saw mention of it on Saturday

Quote Originally Posted by DevilAlumna View Post

Just for Colchar's benefit, I'm adding their "Why" you should subscribe to their service:
    It was also the answer to one of the multiple choice questions on on last Saturday's NPR "Wait, wait, don't tell me."

I love the link: "Messages sent out 6 days after the rapture."

Quote Originally Posted by Lavabe View Post
    It was also the answer to one of the multiple choice questions on on last Saturday's NPR "Wait, wait, don't tell me."

I love the link: "Messages sent out 6 days after the rapture."
    But what if the servers hosting this service are deemed worthy of salvation?

Good Lord, that is the dumbest thing I've ever heard of. If the rapture does indeed occur, how would the computers know it? Also, if all the people running this site are the fine, upstanding Christian believers that they obviously must be to provide this service to the world (note the sarcasm), wouldn't they be raptured as well? Who's going to send the e-mails? Do they have a Staff Atheist on call for such an occasion?

Quote Originally Posted by blublood View Post
    Good Lord, that is the dumbest thing I've ever heard of. If the rapture does indeed occur, how would the computers know it? Also, if all the people running this site are the fine, upstanding Christian believers that they obviously must be to provide this service to the world (note the sarcasm), wouldn't they be raptured as well? Who's going to send the e-mails? Do they have a Staff Atheist on call for such an occasion?
    I'm guessing someone there pushes a button every day to let the servers know that God's favorite children still walk the Earth. If no one hits that button for 6 days, the servers fire off all those gloating e-mails to Muslims, Buddhists, Jews, and gays.

It's sorta like the hatch in Lost, but (and I didn't think this was possible) less cool.

Exclamation Bizarre

Quote Originally Posted by blublood View Post
    On "Wait, wait," they had a clip with one of the heads of the site. Apparently, the mods there report every three days. If you receive no message for 3 days, you know the Rapture has occurred.

Imagine if we heard nothing from the DBR mods for three days. I wonder what that would mean?

Cheers,
    Lavabe

Imagine if we heard nothing from the DBR mods for three days. I wonder what that would mean?

Cheers,
    Lavabe
    That billybreen was in control. Or EJ "took" care of them.

Just kidding.

I just clicked the link, and (no kidding) almost peed my chair!!!

That CANNOT be real? (Can it?) This reeks of the staff at The Onion...

Quote Originally Posted by billybreen View Post
    I'm guessing someone there pushes a button every day to let the servers know that God's favorite children still walk the Earth. If no one hits that button for 6 days, the servers fire off all those gloating e-mails to Muslims, Buddhists, Jews, and gays.

It's sorta like the hatch in Lost, but (and I didn't think this was possible) less cool.
    Thinking analytically here - I think the solution would be for them to hire a Jew to fire off the final email? Like, one day, if all his coworkers don't show, he just has to "BREAK GLASS AND HIT SEND BUTTON."

On "Wait, wait," they had a clip with one of the heads of the site. Apparently, the mods there report every three days. If you receive no message for 3 days, you know the Rapture has occurred.

Yeah, I heard it on Wait, Wait as well. (I *Love* that show.)

Frankly, if I'm paying money on a service entirely dependent on other people getting "Raptured" (they have to disappear for the mail service to fire), I sure want to know more about those people. I mean, what certainties do they have in place that their key people will be the ones to go? What if only 2 go, b/c the third sinned unrepentantly the day before?

So yeah, I'm disappointed I didn't see any bios. I want to know whose fingers will *not* be on the trigger, if you know what I mean.

Quote Originally Posted by Shammrog View Post
    I just clicked the link, and (no kidding) almost peed my chair!!!

That CANNOT be real? (Can it?) This reeks of the staff at The Onion...
    I forget where on the podcast it appeared, but you could download the NPR podcast for "Wait, wait." It sure seems real.

Try this link:
    http://www.npr.org/templates/rundown...n.php?prgId=35

Go to 1:00 into the game "Bluff the Listener." The clip with the website owner is at 6:10 into the game.

Cheers,
    Lavabe

I forget where on the podcast it appeared, but you could download the NPR podcast for "Wait, wait." It sure seems real.

Try this link:
    http://www.npr.org/templates/rundown...n.php?prgId=35

Go to 1:00 into the game "Bluff the Listener." The clip with the website owner is at 6:10 into the game.

Cheers,
    Lavabe
    I am convinced that it is an elaborate hoax. It has to be...

Either way, I would love to get a list of subscribers. And then have them somehow reliably prevented from reproducing.

Wow! Just wow...