Page 657 of 3370 FirstFirst ... 15755760764765565665765865966770775711571657 ... LastLast
Results 13,121 to 13,140 of 67398
    Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    I have big plans for September. If I accomplish even half of what I'd like to accomplish this month, it will be a good month. But I'm still setting the goals very high. Wish me luck. First order of business will be catching up on the 'Lost' thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    Hmmm, wonder if we can reach 13,000 by the end of September?
    I think that's quite possible. But it may take some doing.

Doing this, doing that.

Last day of freedom for the young Turks before they return to their incarceration deep in the bowels of the educational system...

Yes, I know the late Labor Day has messed with a lot of schedules, but isn't Thurs. Sept 3 the goofiest possible start date they could have chosen?

Why not start Monday or Tues this week, and move up the end date a few days? What a bunch of maroons...

I'll probably I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this. on Powerball today - "only" 45 mill...

"The lottery is a tax on people who are bad at math..."

I wonder who said that first?

MEA CULPA to the DBR community! I meant to use the word p,a,s,s in the previous post (v.t. "to decline or skip") about Powerball, and I got the "wanker" flag. No offense intended... The word should "pass" muster, no?

EDIT - must have been a typo; this looks OK. And who hoo, I'm Quin Snyder!!

Quote Originally Posted by Turk View Post
    MEA CULPA to the DBR community! I meant to use the word p,a,s,s in the previous post (v.t. "to decline or skip") about Powerball, and I got the "wanker" flag. No offense intended... The word should "pass" muster, no?

EDIT - must have been a typo; this looks OK. And who hoo, I'm Quin Snyder!!
    I was wondering what you had said. None of the bad words I know fit properly.
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Not to change the subject, but I just had a horrible thing happen to me.

I was just cleaning out a closet and came upon an old box of cassette tapes. I found that at some point, way back in the distance, I had actually purchased a "Huey Lewis and the News" cassette.

I feel so dirty. All the Miles Davis, Camper Van Beethoven, or Radiohead discs in the world won't help.

I'm playing Little Feat and Allman Brothers simultaneously now to try and get the rot out, but I'm not sure it will help.

Anyway, while y'all are dreaming of big wins, I though you'd want to know the nasty, living heck that has now engulfed me.

Karma is a beotch.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post

I was just cleaning out a closet and came upon an old box of cassette tapes. I found that at some point, way back in the distance, I had actually purchased a "Huey Lewis and the News" cassette.

I feel so dirty. All the Miles Davis, Camper Van Beethoven, or Radiohead discs in the world won't help.

I'm playing Little Feat and Allman Brothers simultaneously now to try and get the rot out, but I'm not sure it will help.

Anyway, while y'all are dreaming of big wins, I though you'd want to know the nasty, living heck that has now engulfed me.

Karma is a beotch.
    Didn't Camper Van Beethoven morph into another group?

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Didn't Camper Van Beethoven morph into another group?
    The lead singer/writer formed Cracker, IIRC.

Everyone has a moped or two in the old cassette closet. I listened mostly to rap/hip hop in high school (the late 80s), but was guilty of having a New Kids on the Block cassette in my collection...effectively neutering a whole collection of Public Enemy, NWA, Ice-T, Run-DMC, etc. Sometimes you just let your standards slip for that one critical moment...

Quote Originally Posted by davekay1971 View Post
    Everyone has a moped or two in the old cassette closet. I listened mostly to rap/hip hop in high school (the late 80s), but was guilty of having a New Kids on the Block cassette in my collection...effectively neutering a whole collection of Public Enemy, NWA, Ice-T, Run-DMC, etc. Sometimes you just let your standards slip for that one critical moment...
    True but I won't tell ANYONE about the 8-track that I found!

Too bad that CD's are going the way of the dinosaur -- I have a lot of scratch invested in them.

Quote Originally Posted by davekay1971 View Post
    guilty of having a New Kids on the Block cassette in my collection... Sometimes you just let your standards slip for that one critical moment...
    Yes, but one musn't confess must one?

Call it stupidity or courage...and I even confessed under my correct name!

Karma is a beotch.
    Here's the thing, OldPhiKap, you never actually bought it! I have 'Rumors' on vinyl. Yes, the Fleetwood Mac album, that 'Rumors'. I never bought it. I would swear on a stack of Bibles that I never bought because I have always hated Fleetwood Mac. I used to have these things called roommates. One of them, and I don't know which one or I would return it, forgot to take their Fleetwood Mac album with them when we stopped being roommates. I'm sure that's the explanation for your Huey Lewis cassette. I haven't burned the 'Rumors' album though. I view it as a curiosity piece. I've never played it though.

Here's the thing, OldPhiKap, you never actually bought it! I have 'Rumors' on vinyl. Yes, the Fleetwood Mac album, that 'Rumors'. I never bought it. I would swear on a stack of Bibles that I never bought because I have always hated Fleetwood Mac. I used to have these things called roommates. One of them, and I don't know which one or I would return it, forgot to take their Fleetwood Mac album with them when we stopped being roommates. I'm sure that's the explanation for your Huey Lewis cassette. I haven't burned the 'Rumors' album though. I view it as a curiosity piece. I've never played it though.
    I love the Rumors album!
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Um, yeah, that's exactly what happened. Good, now I can sleep at night.

So, what were the best movies anybody saw this summer? I didn't see very many, The Hangover, Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince, and Up. Up was phenomenal but I really dug The Hangover too.

I haven't noticed any b-ball players milestones under my name in awhile. I should start paying attention!

I haven't noticed any b-ball players milestones under my name in awhile. I should start paying attention!
    I wonder how many pages back that thread is buried these days.