Page 641 of 3370 FirstFirst ... 14154159163163964064164264365169174111411641 ... LastLast
Results 12,801 to 12,820 of 67394
    Here's the current leaderboard, edited for the convenience of the majority of DBR readers:

Someone who isn't Tiger: -5
    2 people who aren't Tiger: -3
    6 people who aren't Tiger: -2
    4 people who aren't Tiger: -1
    12 people who aren't Tiger: Even
    20 people who aren't Tiger: +1
    17 people who aren't Tiger: +2
    22 people who aren't Tiger: +3
    17 people who aren't Tiger: +4
    Tiger: also +4
    54 people who aren't Tiger: worse than +4

Duval in the clubhouse at (-3) 67. Phil almost finished, currently at (-1). What would be the bigger story, Phil or Duval in contention on Sunday? Personally, I think if Duval were to continue to hang around the top of the leaderboard, that would be the bigger story.

Even bigger story would be Tiger coming back from 8 shots down after round 1!
    "The future ain't what it used to be."

Phil the more heartwarming story, Duval the bigger surprise since he has been struggling for so long now. Should be a fun weekend.

Don't forget Rocco Mediate at -2.

Tiger missing the cut would be like Nadal losing in the round of 16 at the French Open.

Quote Originally Posted by DUKIECB View Post
    Even bigger story would be Tiger coming back from 8 shots down after round 1!
    Make that 10. Mike Weir, 64, dang! Tiger coming back from 10 strokes after the first round still wouldn't shock me nearly as much as Duval being legitimately in the running on Sunday (or more likely Monday) would, though. The gallery would go absolutely bonkers if that guy could find the magic again and hang onto it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mal View Post
    Make that 10. Mike Weir, 64, dang! Tiger coming back from 10 strokes after the first round still wouldn't shock me nearly as much as Duval being legitimately in the running on Sunday (or more likely Monday) would, though. The gallery would go absolutely bonkers if that guy could find the magic again and hang onto it.
    A friendly wager that Tiger finishes ahead of David Duval, and most everyone else, too. You know I'm not a betting man, so don't even think about asking me to put any money on it.
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

The City of Brotherly Love except when it's cold.
    Tiger now 12 back and will finish his second round in the rain-if he finishes today. The 6 foot birdie he just missed on 11(2nd hole) was big. As Johnny Miller said, it was read wrong and poorly stroked. Tell us what you really think Johnny.

I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death!

No post in two days?!

Wow, how did that happen? That never happened on the John Wall thread!

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by Reddevil View Post
    Wow, how did that happen? That never happened on the John Wall thread!
    Really? When's the last time somebody posted in it?

Boswell has an interesting point in the Wash Post.

No one who played in the same half with Tiger is in the top 10.

-jk

Quiet here for a Father's Day morning.

Happy Father's Day to all you fathers out there!
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    Really? When's the last time somebody posted in it?
    Point taken!

Tiger's in the barn at 69, even par for the tourney, and currently tied for 7th. (Ozzie, Duval is one shot ahead of Tiger at this point, so good thing you wagered imaginary money!) Phil Mickelson tied for the lead thru 14 at -4, but as we all know, that may or may not be a good thing for Phil.

Now Duval is tied for the lead! Fisher and Barnes still have a chance. Wish I were sick today.

Glover played smart and steady down the stretch, he deserved to win.

That said, if not for some really bad putting today by Tiger and Phil or that crazy plugged ball in the trap for Duval, we might have a HUGE story on our hands.

--Jason "I am going to be quite interested in seeing what Duval and Barnes do going forward-- will this be a springboard for them?" Evans
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Don't know how anyone couldn't have been rooting for Phil today. It would have been the best feel good sports story of the year if he would have pulled this one off. And it's so frustrating because it was right there for the taking, but those pesky 6 to 10 foot putts were his undoing - once again.

I completely agree with Jason that Glover played very smart (and extremely conservative) on the last 2 holes. I'd have loved to see him have to play those two holes knowing he only had a one stroke lead over someone like Phil who was already in the clubhouse. My gut tells me he would have bogeyed one of those two final holes had that been the case. As it was, he really didn't have a lot of pressure with that 2 stroke lead down the stretch. Neither 17 nor 18 were playing exceptionally tough. Pars on both were relatively simple if you played conservatively. Glover did just that.

Glover

I know most of the drama was sucked out of the arena when Mickelson and Duval stumbled coming home. But did it seem to anyone else that Glover might have mistakenly thought he'd just won his first round match at his local club's tournament? I mean, kudos on the performance, and maintaining the incredible focus it takes to pull if off, but Dude, it's the U.S. Open!!!

I didn't see anything post-tourney, or awards ceremony or anything. Did he display a discernible personality at some point?

I know most of the drama was sucked out of the arena when Mickelson and Duval stumbled coming home. But did it seem to anyone else that Glover might have mistakenly thought he'd just won his first round match at his local club's tournament? I mean, kudos on the performance, and maintaining the incredible focus it takes to pull if off, but Dude, it's the U.S. Open!!!

I didn't see anything post-tourney, or awards ceremony or anything. Did he display a discernible personality at some point?
    I guess we're all used to fist pumps now.

I've been at work all day, so couldn't see his reaction or lack thereof, but maybe he's from the Bear Bryant school of celebration. Let the trophy speak for itself. I'm cool with that.

Yeah, an emotional hug with his wife as he walked off the 18th green. And then Glover hustled off to the tent, or wherever they go, with the NBC guys commenting that he was about to burst into tears.

Quote Originally Posted by hurleyfor3 View Post
    I guess we're all used to fist pumps now.

I've been at work all day, so couldn't see his reaction or lack thereof, but maybe he's from the Bear Bryant school of celebration. Let the trophy speak for itself. I'm cool with that.
    For the record, I'm not demanding he moonwalk or stick a finger in Barnes's face or anything. I like my celebrations on the muted side, too. But this one (granted, viewed on-line at the office) seemed non-existent. He didn't even look like he knew it was over. I'm sure it was all pretty overwhelming. I'd just like to know he's a human being. Winning a golf tournament's a different mental endeavor than coaching a football team to a victory. I think it's OK to release a little emotion after you've spent four days completely smothering it.