Page 264 of 3383 FirstFirst ... 1642142542622632642652662743143647641264 ... LastLast
Results 5,261 to 5,280 of 67659
    Sigh, no one is chasing after me...

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    I just realized I'm in 4th place on this thread. It's a comfortable 4th place but still, I give up way to much to Lavabe and devildeac. Ymo is the king.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    I'm heading for handbell practice so I expect you to have passed my post count in this thread by the time I get back. Maybe I can shoot for ArkieDukie.
    I will try my best, but I'm not sure how much longer I can last. First, my brain is completely frazzled after this trip, third I have to drive to San Diego in a little while.

Quote Originally Posted by 2535Miles View Post
    I will try my best, but I'm not sure how much longer I can last. First, my brain is completely frazzled after this trip, third I have to drive to San Diego in a little while.
    My second point was that I have to cook some food before I leave for my third point.

Perhaps I shall just strive to break 1700

First, my brain is completely frazzled after this trip
    That shouldn't be an impediment to PW'ing

Thank you, I really am glad to be back. A 5,000th post is indeed awesome! I have some catching up to do with Miss TillyGalore. This darn show really put a hurt on my daily average though I'm feeling like I could make up some ground pretty soon.
    Oh maaaaan. The boys are always chasing me, and never for the right reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Turk View Post
    1. Wedding band only, sometimes removed for serious hoops or auto repair. <snip>
    Mr. DA wanted something scratch-proof for his wedding band, precisely for the car-wrenching scenario. We went with tungsten carbide, and it still doesn't have a single blemish. Given my band looks like it went through a sandpaper factory, I'm rather jealous.

Welcome back, 2535! I missed my Pacific Time Zone-posting buddy! Sorry the stoopid teamsters robbed you of your fogo de chao.

Quote Originally Posted by TillyGalore View Post
    No one has posted in almost three hours. So am bumping this to the top.
    Slackers. I thought we'd be near 6000 by now. We had a Halloween/dance party to attend so we were high-stepping the last couple hours.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Sigh, no one is chasing after me...
    Is that your cougar call again?

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    I just realized I'm in 4th place on this thread. It's a comfortable 4th place but still, I give up way to much to Lavabe and devildeac. Ymo is the king.
    All hail Ymo...

Quote Originally Posted by aimo View Post
    Thank you! I had to pick three green tomatoes before they froze, and I fully intend to fry 'em up! Love me some fried green 'maters!
    I didn't like fried green tomatoes until a couple of years ago, when I had some at a restaurant in LR (Cotham's, for those of you who are locals). They have incredible fried catfish, fried okra, and fried green tomatoes. All use the same breading, which is cornmeal-based. The fried green tomatoes are served with homemade ranch dressing. Yum-my. Mental note to self: must go to Cotham's for lunch on my next visit to The Rock.

On a related note, I ate barbecue once in a 'burb of Boston, and they served grilled asparagus as one of the optional sides. Although I do like grilled asparagus, that is not an item one normally finds at a barbecue joint. And, yes, fried okra was noticeably absent from the menu. It's so cute when Yankees try to cook Southern food.

Quote Originally Posted by Cavlaw View Post
    Don't know if I even have an interview yet. It's government, so they're dragging their feet about it (I also think they haven't gotten as many apps in as they want). A few power players have told me they sent letters of recommendation to the board of directors of the target agency after they found out I applied, so I'm optimistic.
    Is it too early for vibes, Cavlaw?

Love DVR!

Quote Originally Posted by Fish80 View Post
    I love my DVR. I pay something like $9.95 extra per month to the cable company. It has a hard drive that holds about 24 hours of HD or 100 hours of regular D.

The user interface is beautiful. I just go to the show listing (the guide) and click on whatever I want to record. Lots of options like record this one or series, record new only, etc. Nice save options too. And playback is easy.

The live action is great - pause, rewind, retroactively record shows that you are watching.

DVR is a beautiful thing.
    I rarely watch live TV; I record everything and fast-forward through commercials. I watch sporting events live, but that's about it. I had a TiVo before moving, and I did like it a bit better than the Charter DVR that I have now.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    I'm heading for handbell practice so I expect you to have passed my post count in this thread by the time I get back. Maybe I can shoot for ArkieDukie.
    Hey! I'm going to have to up my posting again!

Just got back from choir practice. No handbells tonight due to the fact that we had a big orchestra rehearsal for the big Service of Remembrance that we're doing with another church choir on Saturday night.

BTW, DiK, what bells do you play? I'm currently on middle C(4? 5?)/D. It's a bear of a part because it's split between treble clef and bass clef.

Quote Originally Posted by ArkieDukie View Post
    All use the same breading, which is cornmeal-based.
    See? I told you.

After the 5000-post milestone, we're getting ready to cross the 60,000-view threshold as well. That's a lot.

Hah, remember back when we were talking about Pop Tarts and wondering if it was actually possible to make it to 1000 posts? Hahaha.

Yeah, that was really funny.