Page 260 of 3384 FirstFirst ... 1602102502582592602612622703103607601260 ... LastLast
Results 5,181 to 5,200 of 67668
    Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    On a side note, boo phillies boo. Bleccch.
    Ditto...well, not the mad part.

Well, I've got 3 earrings and a ni... Oh wait, more than DA have seen what I really look like now.

A watch, that's it. Occasionally the class ring from undergrad. Occasionally = once every few years.

Question Poll this

Quote Originally Posted by DevilAlumna View Post
    Cufflinks count as men's jewelry. What's your favorite pair?

And do you have argyle sweaters/vests to match/complement your socks?

Just curious, are you a bowtie wearer too?
    Cufflinks?

I have never worn cufflinks. Maybe it's just me... I do have difficulty finding shirts of proper length for me.

I sense a future EarlJam poll on this one.

Cheers,
    Lavabe

This is my 30th post today. I'm almost positive that's a record for me.
    And I still fully intend to get post #5000 in the LTE (unless I'm standing in line to exercise my most sacred American right).
    "Only" 30 posts in a day. Amateur.

Wedding band.
    Cufflinks twice a year (I own 1 shirt with French cuffs and wear it about twice annually).
    Lost my HS class ring.
    Never got a Duke ring.
    My wife gave me a nice watch many years ago but haven't worn it in probably 15 years-fear of losing it when I change clothes for hospital work on a regular basis.
    No neck chains.
    No earrings or other "body" jewelry.

Now my wife OTOH...

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    What, no comments on the fact that I don't wear a wedding ring? No jokes about my so called allergy? Usually it brings on some good natured ribbing.

Smile No ribbing BD in the LTE

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    What, no comments on the fact that I don't wear a wedding ring? No jokes about my so called allergy? Usually it brings on some good natured ribbing.
    WHY would anyone rib Bostondevil ... especially in the LTE?

FWIW, I am currently not wearing my wedding band. I started developing a fungal infection where I normally wear it. I haven't worn my ring the last few months. I hope to wear it again sometime soon.

Cheers,
    Lavabe

Question/thought for the day:

Do we give wilson the honor of #5000 'cuz he requested it? Or, do we allow BD the honor as it is "her" thread? Perhaps Ymo should do the duty as he "owns" us here. Or, is it a wild west free-for-all/anything goes as we all PW maniacally (sp?) to reach that milestone?

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Question/thought for the day:

Do we give wilson the honor of #5000 'cuz he requested it? Or, do we allow BD the honor as it is "her" thread? Perhaps Ymo should do the duty as he "owns" us here. Or, is it a wild west free-for-all/anything goes as we all PW maniacally (sp?) to reach that milestone?
    All such good options. I guess I my vote (maybe we should have a poll ) would be that BD gets to post the 5000 post as she is the brains behind this whole thing.

Quote Originally Posted by DevilAlumna View Post
    Cufflinks count as men's jewelry. What's your favorite pair?

And do you have argyle sweaters/vests to match/complement your socks?

Just curious, are you a bowtie wearer too?
    My favorite pair of cufflinks is a pair of enameled ones with the Duke seal on them. Those are slick. I also have a good pair with jolly rogers (skull & crossbones) on them. Also recently, they have started making some with Scrabble tiles in them. I really want those.
    I actually only own one argyle sweater, but I do have at least one pair of argyles that admirably matches/compliments basically every outfit I ever wear. Some of my friends actually request to see my socks every day.
    As for bowties, it's funny you should mention that...I am a staunch bowtie wearer. I have probably 25 of them, even though I don't wear them on a daily basis (though someday I will). If I show up at church wearing a necktie, I get funny looks and aggrieved questions from people who think it upsets the natural order of the universe. This is something I'm rather proud of.

If I show up at church wearing a necktie, I get funny looks and aggrieved questions from people who think it upsets the natural order of the universe. This is something I'm rather proud of.
    I used to wear hats to church all the time. When I stopped (don't ask why I have no idea, I just did) people would always ask where my hat was. I've changed churches (because I moved), but never started the tradition again.

Quote Originally Posted by TillyGalore View Post
    All such good options. I guess I my vote (maybe we should have a poll ) would be that BD gets to post the 5000 post as she is the brains behind this whole thing.
    Aw, thanks Tilly, but I've already had more than one milestone post. I don't need them all. I vote for a 'Wild West Free For All'. I will however, do my best to win the 5000th post. I'm not passing it up if it's there for the taking but I'll be just as happy if someone beats me to it.

And with this the countdown is 48.

Wilson - the more you post, the better you sound: cuff links, bow ties, argyle socks, dog lover, Christmas decorations, etc. What's wrong with the women in Atlanta? If only you were 20 years older or I was 20 years younger. Do you have an uncle?

Ok - the above may have been a bit overboard but this is the LTE - it will be forgotten in another page or two.

BD - I'm all for the Wild West free for all to post 5000.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    Wilson - the more you post, the better you sound: cuff links, bow ties, argyle socks, dog lover, Christmas decorations, etc. What's wrong with the women in Atlanta? If only you were 20 years older or I was 20 years younger. Do you have an uncle?
    I have three uncles. Two are married and the other, um, plays for the other team, if you catch my drift.
    Not to worry...the women of Atlanta will catch on to the secret soon enough. But I'm not entirely sure why you've disqualified me so quickly...didn't we talk about cougars somewhere in this thread?

Quote Originally Posted by TillyGalore View Post
    Ahh, brains. Leaves me out of consideration...

I have three uncles. Two are married and the other, um, plays for the other team, if you catch my drift.
    Not to worry...the women of Atlanta will catch on to the secret soon enough. But I'm not entirely sure why you've disqualified me so quickly...didn't we talk about cougars somewhere in this thread?
    DiK=resident cougar?

Wait until Ymo reads that

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    DiK=resident cougar?

Wait until Ymo reads that
    I don't know that I am cougar material but I'm willing to try. You know what they say - get them young and train them right.

eta - Wilson, I didn't disqualify you - I disqualified myself.

On facebook, I took a quiz to determine if I was a cougar or wolf. Turns out, I'm a "dawg".