Page 2311 of 3383 FirstFirst ... 131118112211226123012309231023112312231323212361241128113311 ... LastLast
Results 46,201 to 46,220 of 67660
    Quote Originally Posted by aimo View Post
    Crawled across the Howard Frankland this morning. Actually, I think it would have been faster to crawl. Then a STUPID slowdown on I-75 North for no apparent reason. Most of it between 275 and 301 was at 35-45 mph even though the speed limit is 70. It took six hours to get from St Pete Beach to the Fla Ga line. INsane.
    Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    I have driven that recently and it's such a cruddy drive anyway. To have it be that slow is brutal.
    Florida highways are a special breed of awful.

Carpaccio de' chevrotain. (Kisses fingers)

So, pistachios were 20% off. I didn't buy enough.

Fall weather putting in another appearance.

Our ridiculous Fall weather (66 when I woke up, about 25 degrees above what used to be known as "normal") continues but seemingly ends today, big rain coming thru

Got my flu jab, bring on the cold weather.

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    Our ridiculous Fall weather (66 when I woke up, about 25 degrees above what used to be known as "normal") continues but seemingly ends today, big rain coming thru

Got my flu jab, bring on the cold weather.

It is cooler down here, low 50s. But we will be back up to the high 60s in the morning and high 80s(warmer than normal) afternoons in a few days.

The lawn desperately needs to be mowed. Someone should get on that.

Weather is glorious in NW NC. 50s for lows and 60-70s for highs the next 2 weeks. Nashville was warm (80s). Headed to Winnipeg/Saskatoon next Saturday and lows in upper 20s/low 30s and highs mid 50s. I am steeling my resolve. I am encumbered with a delicate constitution.

Weather is glorious in NW NC. 50s for lows and 60-70s for highs the next 2 weeks. Nashville was warm (80s). Headed to Winnipeg/Saskatoon next Saturday and lows in upper 20s/low 30s and highs mid 50s. I am steeling my resolve. I am encumbered with a delicate constitution.
    Let me know if the streets still have plug ins (like parking meters) for automobile tank heaters, nice touch in the Winter...keeps warm fluids circulating in your engine so your oil isn't a complete thick mess.

Let me know if the streets still have plug ins (like parking meters) for automobile tank heaters, nice touch in the Winter...keeps warm fluids circulating in your engine so your oil isn't a complete thick mess.
    Wait. Is that a thing?

Finished yardwork with 2:16 to go in the 1st half. I see I didn't miss much.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Rolling around in the grass hardly qualifies as yard work.

People seem really mad today.

Wait. Is that a thing?
    It was very much a thing in Canadian ultra cold weather towns like Edmonton 40 years ago, I imagine it still is. "Tank heaters" are great, let your engine think it's 80 degrees out when it's really 25 below zero (and it does get to 25 below zero, Fahrenheit).

People seem really mad today.
    Well, Tim chalomet as young wonka is just dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    if you dropped your rake several times, you were in sync with the Duke lads.

It was very much a thing in Canadian ultra cold weather towns like Edmonton 40 years ago, I imagine it still is. "Tank heaters" are great, let your engine think it's 80 degrees out when it's really 25 below zero (and it does get to 25 below zero, Fahrenheit).
    Well. This frightens me a bit. I am unprepared for this kind of weather.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Well, Tim chalomet as young wonka is just dumb.
    Tell me about it. I have been carrying this decision in my shoulders for weeks. Can't relax.

Well. This frightens me a bit. I am unprepared for this kind of weather.
    should be nice and temperate this time of year. But visit in the winter, and you'd best have some good quality gloves, shoes and hat.

should be nice and temperate this time of year. But visit in the winter, and you'd best have some good quality gloves, shoes and hat.
    Yeah. I am pretty excited about some cold weather actually. I like to walk and do pushups in the chilly morning air.

Yeah. I am pretty excited about some cold weather actually. I like to walk and do pushups in the chilly morning air.
    Frozen nose hairs at -25 or -30 is quite a feeling...I've witnessed -43 twice, it really is something different. Top feats include walking five miles with faithful dog at -14, and grilling lamb chops at -13.