Page 2190 of 3371 FirstFirst ... 119016902090214021802188218921902191219222002240229026903190 ... LastLast
Results 43,781 to 43,800 of 67416
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    I haven't met wilson, but I'd like to.
    I mostly agree. Just in public with lots of people around. He shows up in that outfit and I'm outta there.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    I am a member of the generation that majored in smart (word you can't say here, rhymes with class).
    Am I misremembering or wasn't that on the t-shirt we got that called us Cameron Crazies, circa 1986?

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    DevilInBlueDress, last I saw, was seen on Deeber.
    Is Deeber worth joining? I thought that was a joke.
    Rich
    "Failure is Not a Destination"
    Coach K on the Dan Patrick Show, December 22, 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Tripping William and I know each other through work, not from Duke. We were there at different times and he was in a grad program and I was an undergrad.

OPK and I have never met, but we figured out we were undergrads at the same time so we have a special bond.
    I traded Tripping William and DevilDeac beer, so I have met them. I hang out with RichardJackson some. He is younger but I was close with his family growing up.

Am I misremembering or wasn't that on the t-shirt we got that called us Cameron Crazies, circa 1986?

It's a halfway house for disgruntled DBR folks. Lots of familiar names there.

It's a halfway house for disgruntled DBR folks. Lots of familiar names there.
    A couple of months ago one of those guys came into this thread to throw shade. Does anyone know what that was about? Pretty sure opk knows this person but I was just confused. To be fair that is a fairly common situation for me.

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    A couple of months ago one of those guys came into this thread to throw shade. Does anyone know what that was about? Pretty sure opk knows this person but I was just confused. To be fair that is a fairly common situation for me.
    He posted a rant against the DBR mods b/c they deleted his thread promoting Deeber. I believe that was it.

Quote Originally Posted by aimo View Post
    He posted a rant against the DBR mods b/c they deleted his thread promoting Deeber. I believe that was it.
    So you don't think it was about this group? I was very confused and have no idea. Maybe he had to post somewhere and thought this thread was the catch-all. Which isn't a bad take actually.

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    So you don't think it was about this group? I was very confused and have no idea. Maybe he had to post somewhere and thought this thread was the catch-all. Which isn't a bad take actually.
    Yeah, I thought there was a LTE-specific jab in there but who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Yeah, I thought there was a LTE-specific jab in there but who knows.
    I did too. But maybe I am wrong.

Yeah, there was definitely jabs in there.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Yeah, there was definitely jabs in there.
    Maybe it was my fault? I probably deserved it. I know me.

I was never clear on the Beer/LTE rivalry.

I was never clear on the Beer/LTE rivalry.
    I might be making this up but I swear that DinK or BostonDevil said it involved lawnmowers.

My wife is due in a few weeks and before that our pool project and electrical work is supposed to get done, we're having a new fridge delivered and installed, my wife wants to rearrange the basement work space, we're supposed to have a cabinet taken down and a new one put up...

...I keep asking her WHY do we have to do all this on the precipice of having a baby. She simply says, "This is the way."

My wife is do in a few weeks and before that our pool project and electrical work is supposed to get done, we're having a new fridge delivered and installed, my wife wants to rearrange the basement work space, we're supposed to have a cabinet taken down and a new one put up...

...I keep asking her WHY do we have to do all this on the precipice of having a baby. She simply says, "This is the way."
    It's called NESTING.

Quote Originally Posted by aimo View Post
    It's called NESTING.
    Well, whatever it's called, it's stressing me out!

How many of you all were in the same class or have met? Not sure I realized so many of you knew each other IRL.
    I met some at the Alabama game tailgate. Met others before that when TillyGalore, CathyCA, DukePA, and I went to the beach - first time I met them. Have talked with Lavabe, Wilson,
    and ArkieDukie on the phone. Lots of you are just my imaginary friends but I would like to meet you.

I had that shirt too. I think the comment came from the Washington Post in the slightly earlier 80’s before we got there, which led to Uncle Terry’s “Avuncular Letter.”

I enjoy Deeber, worth at least lurking and then joining if you are inclined. Same is also true for CB&B’s Crazie Talk, which has an excellent in-game chat room too.

We are lucky to have many good outlets, with DBR certainly being the largest and most active.

My wife is due in a few weeks and before that our pool project and electrical work is supposed to get done, we're having a new fridge delivered and installed, my wife wants to rearrange the basement work space, we're supposed to have a cabinet taken down and a new one put up...

I'm glad you guys found a way to compromise by doing exactly what she thinks you should be doing. Good work.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    I had that shirt too. I think the comment came from the Washington Post in the slightly earlier 80’s before we got there, which led to Uncle Terry’s “Avuncular Letter.”

I enjoy Deeber, worth at least lurking and then joining if you are inclined. Same is also true for CB&B’s Crazie Talk, which has an excellent in-game chat room too.

We are lucky to have many good outlets, with DBR certainly being the largest and most active.
    I was at the "Sorry Uncle Terry game" following the avuncular letter.