Page 1997 of 3370 FirstFirst ... 99714971897194719871995199619971998199920072047209724972997 ... LastLast
Results 39,921 to 39,940 of 67383
    Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    How does one “work on them?” Is there like a six-pack abs equivalent for a foot? Are special exercises needed?
    You know how the females have to prep for warmer weather. Exfoliation, moisturization, nail polish. When you see gnarly feet out there, they don't put forth the effort.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    I should qualify that one is a blueberry and the other cinnamon sugar.

I was thinking maybe creamy wait no, crunchy peanut butter.
    Winner!!!

Apparently, liposuction for your feet may not be a viable medical procedure according to some, but others won't mind charging you for the procedure.

A weary May Monday in junior high with repeated off-and-on tornado warnings laughs in the face of your silly, mundane Tuesdays.

the 22 foot long snow rake has been disassembled and put away for the season. That's worth a cold beer.

Best accompaniment to a bagel when cream cheese is not a choice?
    Well with some need for an appropriate bagel choice, but I would suggest maple cream. Even when cream cheese is available.

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    A weary May Monday in junior high with repeated off-and-on tornado warnings laughs in the face of your silly, mundane Tuesdays.
    Summer vacation is only a few weeks away!

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    the 22 foot long snow rake has been disassembled and put away for the season. That's worth a cold beer.
    It is only May. Isn't that a little early?

Can't come soon enough. Every teacher in every classroom is just about out of gas at this point every year, but that's especially true this year, after over twelve months of continually reinventing our profession on the fly.
    July in Colorado beckons...

It is only May. Isn't that a little early?
    I'm feeling lucky...meanwhile my wife is out spraying her day lilies with deer repellent, those devious little twits...

Quote Originally Posted by BlueTeuf View Post
    Well with some need for an appropriate bagel choice, but I would suggest maple cream. Even when cream cheese is available.
    Maple cream would have worked with the cinnamon and blueberry bagels I think. But alas, none in my fridge.

Quote Originally Posted by -jk View Post
    The first step down the road to being gutted.

Condolences

-jk
    at least if it's Carlyle Group you might get a nice Duke sticker for your troubles.
    Can't come soon enough. Every teacher in every classroom is just about out of gas at this point every year, but that's especially true this year, after over twelve months of continually reinventing our profession on the fly.
    July in Colorado beckons...
    This will mark summer 2 we won't be doing a vacation...for good reasons but high hopes for next year!

A month in CO sounds pleasant.

Edit: Weird, the first 2 tags are from daaaayyyysss ago and I don't know why they stayed linked.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    This will mark summer 2 we won't be doing a vacation...for good reasons but high hopes for next year!

Edit: Weird, the first 2 tags are from daaaayyyysss ago and I don't know why they stayed linked.
    We skipped last summer for obvious reasons and are venturing out on the early side of the curve this summer because a) we're both vaccinated, and b) we'll be traveling by RV and thus self-contained/outdoors for basically the entirety of the trip. Meeting up a time or two along the way with friends/family who are likewise vaccinated and really feeling in need of it all.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post

Vermont is but a short drive away for you, our Gov says we'll be playing at full strength by July 4...

We skipped last summer for obvious reasons and are venturing out on the early side of the curve this summer because a) we're both vaccinated, and b) we'll be traveling by RV and thus self-contained/outdoors for basically the entirety of the trip. Meeting up a time or two along the way with friends/family who are likewise vaccinated and really feeling in need of it all.
    If you pass through Kansas on the way, let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    If you pass through Kansas on the way, let me know.
    Definitely maybe! One of the purposes of this trip is to continue crossing off states, so Oklahoma and Nebraska are higher priorities, but there's a non-zero chance we pass through Kansas for a day or two. We quite enjoyed our unplanned 36 hours there in the summer of '19...celebrated our wedding anniversary there, in fact!

Definitely maybe! One of the purposes of this trip is to continue crossing off states, so Oklahoma and Nebraska are higher priorities, but there's a non-zero chance we pass through Kansas for a day or two. We quite enjoyed our unplanned 36 hours there in the summer of '19...celebrated our wedding anniversary there, in fact!
    If we can meet up, dinner is on me. (or breakfast or lunch depending on timing.)

We are thinking of going to Charlotte for the Clemson vs Georgia game. I just looked at the schedule and Duke plays at Charlotte the same day. Depending on the timing, I could do both or, more likely, part of the Duke game and all of the Clemson game.

Not sure what team activities/visiting with Nephew Alex timing might be that day.

Vermont is but a short drive away for you, our Gov says we'll be playing at full strength by July 4...
    I'm not getting lured into your mulch trap!

Nah, with bunda-baby 2 due this summer, we're just staying safe, sticking close to home.

Next year, next year...

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    I will be attending multiple Vermont Lake Monsters games this summer although the exact dates of my enjoyment of Centennial Field are TBD. I will be fully vaccinated in time for their home opener but family duties require me to be in Massachusetts at that time. I'm looking at June 19th as a probably first game for me this summer. I will be moving Paddies out of his apartment in Burlington sometime in mid-August I will miss having a good reason to drive up to Burlington. UVM is definitely on the list for my youngest when he starts looking at colleges. The hubby is flying out to Missouri to visit his parents the last week of May. I will need to go to Missouri too, sooner rather than later, but probably not this summer.

Paddies got J&J yesterday and does not feel at all well today.