Page 1675 of 3383 FirstFirst ... 67511751575162516651673167416751676167716851725177521752675 ... LastLast
Results 33,481 to 33,500 of 67648
    Overcast with a bit of rain here.

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    The Presidential thread never moved again. Next day, as the inauguration platform was being taken apart and the decorations were being loaded into vans and the entertainers were packing up their belongings and driving away in their trailers, the Presidential thread died. The Capitol Grounds were soon forlorn. The infield was littered with bottles and trash. Nobody, of the hundreds of people what had visited the National Mall, knew that a Presidential thread had played the most important part of all. No one was with the thread when it died.
    What the heck, man?! I knew this tugged at a memory but I had to look it up.

You’re some pig, CD. Some pig indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    What the heck, man?! I knew this tugged at a memory but I had to look it up.

You’re some pig, CD. Some pig indeed.
    I wasn't sure anyone would get the Charlotte's Web reference but I feel like this was some of my best work.

Soooo... uh... what’s everyone up to?

*looks around aimlessly*

I wasn't sure anyone would get the Charlotte's Web reference but I feel like this was some of my best work.
    If Wilbur had been a turkey and not a pig, do you think Charlotte would have weaved (woven?), "That's snood a pig"?

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    If Wilbur had been a turkey and not a pig, do you think Charlotte would have weaved (woven?), "That's snood a pig"?
    Great question bundasnooddevil.

There's a hole in my life. I don't know how to feel about events today or what to be outraged by!

Mtn., I don't believe that for a second. You're young, healthy, good-looking and strong. Sun is shining and it's a beautiful day regardless of any political goings on.

Time for some folks to embrace what they have wished for, and time for the rest to take care of themselves.

It is neither the end of the world nor the beginning. This too shall ALL pass.
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post
    Mtn., I don't believe that for a second. You're young, healthy, good-looking and strong. Sun is shining and it's a beautiful day regardless of any political goings on.

Time for some folks to embrace what they have wished for, and time for the rest to take care of themselves.

I may not be young, healthy, good-looking and strong but I'm definitely...wait. What was that other thing?

Was tongue in cheek.

Well, since there's nowhere else to put this, I will leave this link to the amazing Inaugural Poet.

I may not be young, healthy, good-looking and strong but I'm definitely...wait. What was that other thing?
    Good with memory.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Ash View Post
    Soooo... uh... what’s everyone up to?

*looks around aimlessly*
    Definitely not reflexively refreshing the OTB and wondering why the election thread isn’t at the top. Definitely nothing like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Was tongue in cheek...
    Ok then. Stupid me. I take it all back, sorree!
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Good with memory.
    Yeah! I'm not good with memory! Thanks OPK.

Yeah! I'm not good with memory! Thanks OPK.
    It happens to the best of us.

Turns out, it happens to the worst of us too.

So I guess I'm not giving you much on guidance here. Sorry.

There's a hole in my life. I don't know how to feel about events today or what to be outraged by!
    It is cold and rainy out here, but I am keeping up the lawn vigil. No kids are going to walk on my lawn without a scolding.

To quote a scene from "Raising Arizona":

"H.I., you're young and you got your health, what you want with a job?"

Don't worry, someone will be along shortly to tell you that someone on the internet is wrong...and this time, that person is YOU!

BTW - Who drew the short straw and is going to open the 2022 mid-term election thread?

My wife's BFF Shanthi is joining the Biden administration. https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...w/80364475.cms

My wife's BFF Shanthi is joining the Biden administration. https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...w/80364475.cms
    Awesome! Congratulations! One of my best friends from high school (and a Duke grad who used to hang out with me while I was at UNC) is in the Human Rights field. I assume that is a small circle and they might presumably know each other. I am actually steering ClemmonsDaughter in that direction.