Page 95 of 204 FirstFirst ... 45859394959697105145195 ... LastLast
Results 1,881 to 1,900 of 4071
    Quote Originally Posted by lotusland View Post
    I guess he’s lost that loving feeling. I hate it when he does that.

https://youtu.be/PLzVbz2HHzo
    Someone please spork lotusland for me!

Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by UrinalCake View Post
    Per Twitter, Anthony Edwards has cut his list to 5 and we are not on it.

Not sure if we were ever really a possibility, but it looks like PG debate/panic will continue.

Also, he did the obligatory move of leaving the CHeats on his list just so he can disappoint their fans when he announces for somebody else. Props for that.
    Well that's disappointing, especially since the last thing I read about him on zagsblog said he was trying to set up official visits to several schools, including Duke.

I guess he’s lost that loving feeling. I hate it when he does that.

https://youtu.be/PLzVbz2HHzo
    And next year's squad would provide such a target rich environment ...

Per Twitter, Anthony Edwards has cut his list to 5 and we are not on it.

Not sure if we were ever really a possibility, but it looks like PG debate/panic will continue.

Also, he did the obligatory move of leaving the CHeats on his list just so he can disappoint their fans when he announces for somebody else. Props for that.
    Is this supply or demand?
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBenAkiva View Post
    I have been coming to terms with the possibility that Duke might be forced into a few unusual situations next year. One might be relying on a point-guard-by-committee approach.
    Man, it would be such a bummer if it comes to that. The “point guard-by-committee” approach really just means you don’t have a point guard.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven43 View Post
    Man, it would be such a bummer if it comes to that. The “point guard-by-committee” approach just really means you don’t have a point guard.
    Well, if one member of the "committee" is someone like Grant Hill, then I'm OK with it. It seemed to work OK in 1994.
    Sage Grouse

'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

^ worked in 2010 as well.

Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    Well, if one member of the "committee" is someone like Grant Hill, then I'm OK with it. It seemed to work OK in 1994.
    Do we have a Grant Hill on the roster right now that will return for next year or is one on the way? BTW, I didn’t know Grant Hill was the PG for Duke in 1994. I guess I don’t remember the details of that roster as well as I should.

^ worked in 2010 as well.
    I thought Jon Scheyer was the PG for the entire season. Do we have a Scheyer playalike? Not to mention that the way the game is played on offense now is considerably different as compared to 2010. Not sure Scheyer at PG would be as successful now as it was then.

I thought Jon Scheyer was the PG for the entire season. Do we have a Scheyer playalike? Not to mention that the way the game is played on offense now is considerably different as compared to 2010. Not sure Scheyer at PG would be as successful now as it was then.
    Scheyer served as our point guard, but it wasn’t his natural position. My point was that having two combo guards worked that season, and we might have to do something similar next year. O’Connell would probably be the closest analog to Scheyer as the roster currently stands.

Scheyer was definitely the primary point guard, but on offense only. Nolan pressured the other team's point.

Do we have a Grant Hill on the roster right now that will return for next year or is one on the way? BTW, I didn’t know Grant Hill was the PG for Duke in 1994. I guess I don’t remember the details of that roster as well as I should.
    Hill was the "point forward" for the 1994 team. He led Duke with 176 assists. Jeff Capel had 108, Chris Collins 77.

1993-94 Duke roster, minutes and assists. The guards were Capel and Collins -- let's all agree that Chris Collins was not a point guard. Capel was more of a combo guard but had many fewer assists than Grant. Marty Clark was also not a point guard. IIRC (and there is always a first time), Grant would bring the ball up the court during crunch time.

Player Min Ast
    Grant Hill 1213 176
    Cherokee Parks 1038 31
    Antonio Lang 1023 35
    Chris Collins 1055 77
    Jeff Capel 899 108
    Marty Clark 696 58

Erik Meek 474 13
    Carmen Wallace 45 1
    Greg Newton 115 9
    Kenny Blakeney 102 14
    Joey Beard 64 3
    Tony Moore 69 3
    Stan Brunson 7 1
    Sage Grouse

IIRC, in ‘94 we had another “above average” guy named Jeff who supported Grant in that role.

Oops. Sage beat me to it (with facts to boot).

Quote Originally Posted by mattman91 View Post
    Don't leave out Goldwire. He doesn't contribute a lot offensively, but he hustles and is an adequate on-ball defender.
    Goldwire would do just fine I believe.maybe more than fine.

Hurt’s so good.
    Well, "sometimes love don't feel like it should..."
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    Someone please spork lotusland for me!

Sorry. No can do. Already sporked him/her for "Hurt's so good."

[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

I would not be surprised if Cole Anthony changes his recruiting mind and reconsiders Duke. IF. And a BIG IF at that. He feels that Duke gives him the best chance to play for a Championship.
    I'm dreaming but it wouldn't surprise me.
    The limb I'm on is not very sturdy !

Duke not pursuing a 2019 guard right now makes me think Coach K has something up his sleeve. There's really not much left in the 2019 class. Would have to go outside of the top 150.. maybe the Quinones kid from Brewster but I don't think Duke has been on him much. I don't know if it's Tre returning or RJ Hampton reclassifying.. Roach reclassifying would surprise me. He has an ACL tear to recover from.

I think we may also be underestimating what the staff thinks of Jordan Goldwire. Him plus help from Alex O and Boogie isn't exactly a disaster at PG. Coach K usually plays a short bench. Goldwire, Alex O, Boogie, Moore, Baker, White, Carey, DeLaurier plus perhaps Stewart and/or Hurt. That would be 9 or 10 guys. K has shown he's willing to rotate just 7. I think Bolden declares for the NBA draft.

Goldwire/Boogie
    Moore/Alex O
    White/Baker
    Stewart or Hurt?/DeLaurier/J Robinson
    Carey/Bolden?

If we strike out on Stewart and Hurt, the front court needs a lot of help. Wouldn't be much depth behind Carey and DeLaurier if Bolden leaves. Robinson barely plays. Maybe play small with White at the 4 and Carey at 5. 1-3 would be some combo of Goldwire, Boogie, Moore, Alex O and Baker.

I still think K has something up his sleeve... Tre, Reclass or a grad transfer. Maybe 2. A guard and a front court player if Stewart and Hurt get away.