Page 949 of 3370 FirstFirst ... 449849899939947948949950951959999104914491949 ... LastLast
Results 18,961 to 18,980 of 67392
    Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    Yeah - I could be on a really long holiday for things I've thought in chat during a game and reading post game "analysis" (aka doom & gloom).

Speaking of "on holiday", whatever happened to aswewere the Coach P tractor offense bashing poster? He/she/it isn't on the community member listing anymore. I really want to know what he/she/it think about this season's team.
    Isn't aswewere in his/her 80s? I don't want to think that this person is no longer able to contribute here, but I did get private messages from him/her trying to get me onboard as a Coach P detractor. Anyone else? Long holiday could be correct.
    Man, if your Mom made you wear that color when you were a baby, and you're still wearing it, it's time to grow up!

Folks on holiday don't show up in the directory...

-jk

Quote Originally Posted by -jk View Post
    Folks on holiday don't show up in the directory...

-jk
    Thank you. Wasn't sure if he/she/it left or was "vacationing" somewhere away from DWB. I appreciate all the work of the monitors and owners to try to keep a civil attitude here. I imagine you all sometimes feel like you are herding cats.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    Thank you. Wasn't sure if he/she/it left or was "vacationing" somewhere away from DWB. I appreciate all the work of the monitors and owners to try to keep a civil attitude here. I imagine you all sometimes feel like you are herding cats.
    Feral, dis-tempered cats at that.

And the folks here are a cut or five above the usual sports board as is.

I offer kudos to the mods as well. I would like to see aswewere resume posting some day if we can all avoid grinding the same ax over and over. He/she/it obviously is a close observer of wbb and knows more about it than I do.

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    I'm finding that I'm too depressed to get too upset about this year's team. They are young, and maybe, with the injuries and all, some will stick around for a second year.

Also, I'm running the marathon again, so, I often watch games while I'm running on the treadmill at the Y (with no sound). Somehow it's easier to take them not playing so well when you're on a treadmill.

Also - I'm assistant directing a show that is about to go into an intense rehearsal period. I'm still doing my dramaturgy thing in preparation.

Bottom line, I'm not paying as close attention to the team as I usually do.

(If I raise $3000 by February 1st, I get a super cool MGH Marathon Team jacket. I'm concentrating on that. I think I posted the link to my fundraising webpage upthread. PM me if you want it. Some of you have already donated. You know who you are and you are awesome.)

Gōng xǐ fā cái Y"ALL!!!
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

A new year(Chinese at least) and a new DBR over there in the other forum it appears. At least for today.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    A new year(Chinese at least) and a new DBR over there in the other forum it appears. At least for today.
    Is this the Year of the Schitzo?

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Is this the Year of the Schitzo?
    Maybe it is the year of the Shih Tzu?

Unfortunately, it is the year of the rooster...

Why is that unfortunate? (Are roosters unlucky?)

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    Why is that unfortunate? (Are roosters unlucky?)
    A rooster is no Shih Tzu.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    A rooster is no Shih Tzu.
    Ah, yes, reading the newest post too late at night.

Walked outside this morning to discover six donkeys, or maybe mules, in the front yard. That's one heck of a startle!

They had escaped from a distant neighbor's field. All's well, they're all home now but it was an interesting start to the day.
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post
    Walked outside this morning to discover six donkeys, or maybe mules, in the front yard. That's one heck of a startle!

They had escaped from a distant neighbor's field. All's well, they're all home now but it was an interesting start to the day.
    Wait, the acc refs were having a convention in your area?
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Hee Haw!
    Last edited by -jk; 01-31-2017 at 10:01 PM. Reason: fix quote tag

I frequently have a rafter of turkey in my yard, numbering between 15 and 25.

(Yup, rafter)

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post

(Yup, rafter)
    Have you asked them how they feel around Thanksgiving?

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post

(Yup, rafter)
    We had a bunch of turkeys hanging around the farm a few years ago - including one albino one. It was pretty cool - and made it easy to spot them from afar!

-jk

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Wait, the acc refs were having a convention in your area?
    Oh Snap!

Couldn't figure out the striped shirts and whistles...