Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    Peter Mahew, the man who played Chewie in all the movies through The Force Awakens (someone else donned the suit for Last Jedi, Solo, and Skywalker) has died at the age of 74. Mayhew was 7-foot, 3-inches tall.

RIP Chewie...

What is it called when people start to look like their dogs?

Quote Originally Posted by fidel View Post
    What is it called when people start to look like their dogs?
    doggelgangers

New Rise of Skywalker video from D23.
    Not sure its a proper trailer per se.

https://twitter.com/starwars/status/...720370176?s=21

I’d believe Rey with a red double bladed lightsabre staff is a callback scene to Luke fighting “Darth Vader” in the cave on Dagobah.

Quote Originally Posted by fuse View Post
    I’d believe Rey with a red double bladed lightsabre staff is a callback scene to Luke fighting “Darth Vader” in the cave on Dagobah.

Yeah, the shrouded double-red-lightsaber Rey just looks off from how Rey normally looks. Maybe it a clone or some kind of projection, but I firmly believe that is not her. They did not spend 2 movies building her up only to turn her to the dark side in this film. You can turn a bad guy (like Darth and, I suspect, Kylo) but it takes some really special storytelling magic to get away with turning the main character/hero from good to bad.

-Jason "hey Benioff and Weiss, are you listening?!?!?!" Evans
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Yeah, the shrouded double-red-lightsaber Rey just looks off from how Rey normally looks. Maybe it a clone or some kind of projection, but I firmly believe that is not her. They did not spend 2 movies building her up only to turn her to the dark side in this film. You can turn a bad guy (like Darth and, I suspect, Kylo) but it takes some really special storytelling magic to get away with turning the main character/hero from good to bad.

I really love the lead-up, it was done with true affection, and gets me really pumped for the conclusion - I doubt it can meet my expectations.

My attention span must be failing, I watched it twice and missed the part where they show Jar-Jar! Or Ewoks!

I agree with Rey looking "off" in that shot. Clone is probably my top guess, although I put it at slightly less than 50% chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post
    I agree with Rey looking "off" in that shot. Clone is probably my top guess, although I put it at slightly less than 50% chance.
    It's her mother. The student that Luke "shared the force with" but parted before Luke knew she was with (his) child.

I shall not stoop to "The Rise of Skywalker" jokes just yet.

Last trailer is out.
    Can’t help myself. Giddy and excited.
    Also a little bittersweet- end of the saga.
    Hoping Disney delivers new stories.

Last trailer is out.
    That was an extremely good trailer. I’m in the middle of a flight and watched it on a tiny TV screen with poor resolution and crappy sound and it STILL was full of the goosebumps. The expectations are high for this one - all the trailers have been excellent.
    Just be you. You is enough. - K, 4/5/10, 0:13.8 to play, 60-59 Duke.

You're all jealous hypocrites. - Titus on Laettner

You see those guys? Animals. They're animals. - SIU Coach Chris Lowery, on Duke

Quote Originally Posted by pfrduke View Post
    That was an extremely good trailer. I’m in the middle of a flight and watched it on a tiny TV screen with poor resolution and crappy sound and it STILL was full of the goosebumps. The expectations are high for this one - all the trailers have been excellent.
    Airplane or beer?

Sorry, couldn't resist.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Airplane or beer?

Sorry, couldn't resist.
    If only it were both! Although, consistent with the Ymmm, Bourbon thread, my choice of refreshment aloft skews in the Woodford direction.
    Just be you. You is enough. - K, 4/5/10, 0:13.8 to play, 60-59 Duke.

You're all jealous hypocrites. - Titus on Laettner

You see those guys? Animals. They're animals. - SIU Coach Chris Lowery, on Duke

Last trailer is out.
    From YouTube:

Quote Originally Posted by pfrduke View Post
    I agree and hope I'm not setting my expectations too high. This last trailer has a very epic and grand scale feel to it. I trust JJ to get it right and am glad the final installment is in his hands. Less than 2 months to go!
    "The future ain't what it used to be."

Last trailer is out.
    42 years in the making. I was a child when A New Hope was released. I’ve literally grown into adulthood with Star Wars. Yes, it is bittersweet. Like saying goodbye to a dear old friend you’re not sure you’ll see again.

Boy, that escalated quickly. I mean that really got out of hand fast.
    “Coach said no 3s.” - Zion on The Block

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Rosenrosen View Post
    42 years in the making. I was a child when A New Hope was released. I’ve literally grown into adulthood with Star Wars. Yes, it is bittersweet. Like saying goodbye to a dear old friend you’re not sure you’ll see again.

Boy, that escalated quickly. I mean that really got out of hand fast.
    I was 13, and remember the theater I was in (Darien, CT -- lots of plush red seats). It changed my world.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    I was 13, and remember the theater I was in (Darien, CT -- lots of plush red seats). It changed my world.
    The Imperial Battle Cruiser entering the screen after what had seemed like a large rebel vessel had passed. The Cruiser totally filling the screen for what seemed like minutes, with very realistic detail. A whole new era of movie making was launched.

I was 20 years old and had won tickets to the pre-screening because I was up all night building my new 200 Watt amplifier listening to FM radio and was the 1st, 5th and winning seventh caller on the station ticket contest. Got to be in the first group of people to ever see Star Wars. Once a nerd ...

Quote Originally Posted by BD80 View Post
    The Imperial Battle Cruiser entering the screen after what had seemed like a large rebel vessel had passed. The Cruiser totally filling the screen for what seemed like minutes, with very realistic detail. A whole new era of movie making was launched.

I was 20 years old and had won tickets to the pre-screening because I was up all night building my new 200 Watt amplifier listening to FM radio and was the 1st, 5th and winning seventh caller on the station ticket contest. Got to be in the first group of people to ever see Star Wars. Once a nerd ...
    Very cool. Somewhat similar but I happened to be in Auckland, NZ during the worldwide premiere of Fellowship of the Rings and was able to snag tickets at one of the downtown theaters 24-hour premiere fest. I was disappointed by the number of hobbits in attendance.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Rosenrosen View Post
    Like saying goodbye to a dear old friend you’re not sure you’ll see again.
    Disney bought Lucas Film for $4 billion. I think you'll see more of your dear old friend.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money...sfilm/1669739/

Quote Originally Posted by PackMan97 View Post
    Disney bought Lucas Film for $4 billion. I think you'll see more of your dear old friend.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money...sfilm/1669739/
    I guess I question whether the "Skywalker" story is even still being told. I mean, Han is dead, Luke is dust, and Carrie Fisher is going to play a pretty limited role in this movie, I suspect. That said, JJ titled this film with that family name and I strongly suspect he is going to tie Rey back to the Skywalker clan.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

I guess I question whether the "Skywalker" story is even still being told. I mean, Han is dead, Luke is dust, and Carrie Fisher is going to play a pretty limited role in this movie, I suspect. That said, JJ titled this film with that family name and I strongly suspect he is going to tie Rey back to the Skywalker clan.
    Plus, does anyone really think that after three movies of character development and build up that we’ll never see or hear from Rey again after Rise of Skywalker?
    “Coach said no 3s.” - Zion on The Block