Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I think this one is going to be much tougher than Greece. Spain is much more talented and want their own revenge.

I just hope I can watch here in Bosnia-Herzegovina. Bosnian, Croatian, Montenegrin, and Italian TV, plus EuroSport, are all showing the Olympics, but basketball is competing with the 100M final. For Greece, only Italian TV showed the game, and only the 2nd half...

Balkan Boy

A game like this one or the Greece game is so much more fun to watch than against China or Angola where US has the other team overmatched. Looking good thus far.

We are looking good early. With Kobe on the bench it is nice to see Carmelo knock down those three pointers. Our defensive pressure appears to be bothering Spain.
    Bob Green

is anyone else shocked to see them pressing us? I guess, "Press the pressing team", but they're playing with fire...

Balkan Boy

Man these officials are awful. It seems like on almost every replay of a foul, they've called it on the wrong team!! And I mean it's going both ways...

They call a fould, show a replay, and it looks like the foul should have been on the other guy.

Love the D!!

Nice first half overall.

Positives---US forcing turnovers, hitting 3's
    Negatives---commiting fouls (not crazy about the officiating), Spain shooting well

Spain is good, but the US is better.

It's hard to complain about a 16 point halftime lead, but Spain played good in the 2nd Quarter. I expect we will have to hold off a run at some point during the second half. We are in a little bit of foul trouble and Spain isn't going to disappear.
    Bob Green

Spain is shooting around 60%, but, if I heard correctly 17 turnovers -- in the first half...

We shot much better from behind the arc or this would be a lot closer -- not sure of the stats, but I remember Lebron hit 2, Prince 1, Carmelo 1, and, I think, Kobe 1. Maybe a couple of others as well...

B. Boy

I've been trying to take it easy on Jason Kidd, but he really doesn't bring anything to the table anymore. The offense runs smoother when Paul, Williams, or even James are facilitating things, and that's not even mentioning the fact that he can't score/shoot.

I've thought all along that Spain, as good as they are, are just a better matchup for the USA. They aren't going to slow the ball down and they like to run set offenses based off of motion instead of pick and rolls. Coach K knows motion offenses. They have some fantastic players, ie Calderon, Fernandez, but none of them have the athleticism to stay with the American players.

Go USA!

In LA not on TV yet but following blog on NY Times. Seems like Wade is still playing great.

Wade...

..is just amazing right now...its awesome to see how quick he is, especially coming off the injuries...right now, it looks like no one can guard him, and his quickness is critical to the domination of the defense

Quote Originally Posted by studdlee10 View Post
    I've been trying to take it easy on Jason Kidd, but he really doesn't bring anything to the table anymore. The offense runs smoother when Paul, Williams, or even James are facilitating things, and that's not even mentioning the fact that he can't score/shoot.
    Go USA!
    Agree with that. Seems like he got old overnight. Actually, Kidd was pretty badly outplayed by Paul in the playoffs.

US with a little sloppiness in the 2nd quarter and some turnovers of their own. Still, the fast pace definitely favors the US.

heyman, do you use direct tv? Any idea what channel/when it comes on?

Good First Half

Good to see us hitting some threes. When the second half starts, I hope we come out of the gates firing, and get the thing out of reasonable reach in the first part of the third quarter. If we are hitting even somewhat from three and playing good D, it will be difficult for Spain to take apart a 20 point lead.

Quote Originally Posted by Edouble View Post
    When the second half starts, I hope we come out of the gates firing, and get the thing out of reasonable reach in the first part of the third quarter.
    Yeah, what just happened was about what I was hoping for.

No direct tv for me. I think they will show it at 10 am here on West Coast. Getting the start time is a challenge . The Olympics are on KNBC MSNBC USA And CNBC on my cable network Time Warner.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverBlowingBubbles View Post
    heyman, do you use direct tv? Any idea what channel/when it comes on?
    I'm on the west coast too and am watching a nice streaming version here.

Quote Originally Posted by juise View Post
    I'm on the west coast too and am watching a nice streaming version here.
    you saved the day

do your feet not have to be set to draw a charge in FIBA?

wow.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverBlowingBubbles View Post
    you saved the day
    Sorry it wasn't until halfway through the third period. I'm not an early riser.

I'm really getting spoiled by the lack of commentary and pure basketball noise, though.