Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Good Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by peteandpete View Post
    I thought everyone would like to hear about my morning. Coach K called (live). I was stunned. A good friend had let him know about my health situation and he called to ask about my treatment, find out how I was doing, and encourage me to maintain my positive attitude. We talked about his dog, my treatment, teaching, coaching, and the impact we have on others. He even remembered the cookies we used to bake and bring to the seniors on their trips to Littlejohn. He wanted to know where I went for treatment and told me that he was so impressed with the things my friend Josh had said about me in the letter. We spoke for about 15 minutes. He said they were about to go see the grandson (Michael) play and have a NY weekend. I held it together pretty well until after the call. I wish I had a tape because it's hard to believe that this really happened. I thanked him for all that he did and for the great memories, then wished him well and thanked him for the call. I am so lucky in spite of this struggle. Let's Go Duke!
    Wow. Just, wow.

Hope that lifts your spirits, my DBR brother! Nice to get a sense of how K is spending his time. Very cool.

Wow!!!

Awesome! K is a great man!

Hang in there warrior! We’re pulling for you!

Let me echo the “Wows.” I'm beyond impressed with you and Coach K. And what a good friend you have, eh? I don't know you so excuse the familiarity when I say hang in there and keep your chin up buddy.

How cool!

And congratulations on having such a great friend. That says so much about you. Maybe we can meet in person the next time I'm at Clemson.

Absolutely

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    How cool!

And congratulations on having such a great friend. That says so much about you. Maybe we can meet in person the next time I'm at Clemson.
    That sounds like a plan. Looking forward to it. Let me know.

That sounds like a plan. Looking forward to it. Let me know.
    It will be football season - waiting for the schedule to come out to determine travel dates.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    It will be football season - waiting for the schedule to come out to determine travel dates.
    tomorrow at 7pm!

Since you asked, Jeffrey

I am a lucky man. Mrs. Pete and Pete and I have been married for 45 years. We met in college while working at the college paper. She has been an amazing caretaker during this challenging time. I don't know how she does it as her mother is not doing well either. We have three great kids (two boys and a girl) who have been really supportive. The oldest works for Facebook (which gave us the chance to visit San Francisco for the first time). He and his bride are in NC now. Son #2, who just visited, is an attorney in Virginia (he has his own practice). He does a Duke football podcast (Bull City Coordinators). He and his bride have two children. And our daughter, thankfully, lives nearby and works in hospitality. We get to see her often. There are two dogs (the latest in a LONG line that included one named Duke), a cat, and a turtle. We are both retired public school educators (she was District Teacher of the year) and I was conference Coach of the Year four times for girls track. Hope everyone enjoyed the last two games, Can't wait to shock the world in football next fall. Beat those cheating pale blue ******** Saturday. Let's Go Duke!

I am a lucky man. Mrs. Pete and Pete and I have been married for 45 years. We met in college while working at the college paper. She has been an amazing caretaker during this challenging time. I don't know how she does it as her mother is not doing well either. We have three great kids (two boys and a girl) who have been really supportive. The oldest works for Facebook (which gave us the chance to visit San Francisco for the first time). He and his bride are in NC now. Son #2, who just visited, is an attorney in Virginia (he has his own practice). He does a Duke football podcast (Bull City Coordinators). He and his bride have two children. And our daughter, thankfully, lives nearby and works in hospitality. We get to see her often. There are two dogs (the latest in a LONG line that included one named Duke), a cat, and a turtle. We are both retired public school educators (she was District Teacher of the year) and I was conference Coach of the Year four times for girls track. Hope everyone enjoyed the last two games, Can't wait to shock the world in football next fall. Beat those cheating pale blue ******** Saturday. Let's Go Duke!
    Thank you, very much, for sharing your great life! Clearly, your current battle is a temporary interruption in your otherwise storybook life experience. You just made my day, my friend!

Update

My Mother-in-law passed away peacefully yesterday morning. She was a special lady. Keep us in your thoughts, especially my wife. Thank you all.

My Mother-in-law passed away peacefully yesterday morning. She was a special lady. Keep us in your thoughts, especially my wife. Thank you all.
    Very sorry to hear your MIL passed away! It sounds like she had a great and fulfilling life. When you’re able, please tell us about her.

I wish you and your bride peace, comfort, and love!

Condolences.

I'm so sorry for your loss. I will keep you, your wifen and family in my prayers.

Update

Feeling a LOT better this evening! Let's Go Duke! GTHC, GTH!!

I am so very sorry for your loss. Take care. I hope you got to enjoy the win today against unc...

Feeling a LOT better this evening! Let's Go Duke! GTHC, GTH!!
    Here’s hoping we enjoy the next UNC game as much as this one….. great game! Great coaching!

Pre-update

Well, being almost three weeks out from treatment # 4, we ventured to Greenville for a concert (tickets bought months ago to see the Wailing Jennys) last night. I set the DVR to record the game. Then side effects reared their ugly head and we left before intermission. Fortunately, we have seen them before. This is as crummy as I have felt before a treatment (#5 tomorrow) and it has nothing to do with last night's game, although that was a mess. Wish me luck.

Well, being almost three weeks out from treatment # 4, we ventured to Greenville for a concert (tickets bought months ago to see the Wailing Jennys) last night. I set the DVR to record the game. Then side effects reared their ugly head and we left before intermission. Fortunately, we have seen them before. This is as crummy as I have felt before a treatment (#5 tomorrow) and it has nothing to do with last night's game, although that was a mess. Wish me luck.
    Please get a lot of rest today and you’ll do great tomorrow. You’ve got this!

Prayers for you.