Richmond at Virginia, 12:30 pm, ESPN3
    Bethune-Cookman at #16 Miami, 3:30 pm, ACCN
    Louisville at Syracuse, 8 pm, ACCN

Sunday 9/4/22:

Florida State at LSU, 7:30 pm, ABC

Monday 9/5/22:

#4 Clemson at Georgia Tech, 8 pm, ESPN
    Bob Green

Looks as though the FAMU@Carolina game is going to happen, even though FAMU had some real issues with eligibility (like 20 players were ruled ineligible). They now only have seven offensive lineman able to play, but they voted to go ahead with the game because otherwise FAMU would have owed The Cheating Bastards something like $400K.

Lambs to the slaughter (by the sheep).
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    Saturday 8/27/22:

Duquesne at Florida State, 5 pm, ACCN
    Weather delay due to lightning in the area.
    Bob Green

Weather delay due to lightning in the area.
    Not ACC oriented but I am delighted that Northwestern beat Nebraska.

Full disclosure - I hate Nebraska because of the way they abused my Colorado Buffs over the years. I love Northwestern. I lived in a Chicago suburb when I was young. One of my best friend's father owned The Varsity in Evanston, Illinois. We hung out there when Ara Parsheghian coached Northwestern and they made a Rose Bowl. The Northwestern players were great to the 10 or 12 year old me.

Quote Originally Posted by MartyClark View Post
    Not ACC oriented but I am delighted that Northwestern beat Nebraska.

Full disclosure - I hate Nebraska because of the way they abused my Colorado Buffs over the years. I love Northwestern. I lived in a Chicago suburb when I was young. One of my best friend's father owned The Varsity in Evanston, Illinois. We hung out there when Ara Parsheghian coached Northwestern and they made a Rose Bowl. The Northwestern players were great to the 10 or 12 year old me.
    I'll be going to the NW in a week or so as we've done in the past, and Evanston and the NW fans have always been very nice...(meanwhile the Nabraska coach's seat isn't hot any more, it completely melted, that guy is toast).

YES =- FAMU is FCS and missing 25 players ! 25. think about that from FCS where you only have 63 scholarships (Duke FBS has 85 ) .. Thats most of your team. They also only had 7 OL and lost 2 during the game. Despite that they hung in for a while. Mainly due to UNC having a weak defense - as every year.

UNC can rack up points (though it was a decimated FCS) but is STILL weak on D. I don't know why they don't fix the D with some DC changes or something but its an annual thing and we love it.

Quote Originally Posted by gofurman View Post
    YES =- FAMU is FCS and missing 25 players ! 25. think about that from FCS where you only have 63 scholarships (Duke FBS has 85 ) .. Thats most of your team. They also only had 7 OL and lost 2 during the game. Despite that they hung in for a while. Mainly due to UNC having a weak defense - as every year.

UNC can rack up points (though it was a decimated FCS) but is STILL weak on D. I don't know why they don't fix the D with some DC changes or something but its an annual thing and we love it.
    They hired Gene Chizek again as defensive coordinator. Last time he made big improvements to the defense. I expect by the time we play them they will fix a lot of their problems, but hopefully I am completely wrong.

Northwestern winning is bad for us. They will now have some momentum and will be a harder out than when we play them in a few weeks. Otherwise the outcomes were broadly good for us / the ACC. And agree, UNC looks weak this year. Miami wins the coastal

Quote Originally Posted by RoseBowl1942 View Post
    Northwestern winning is bad for us. They will now have some momentum and will be a harder out than when we play them in a few weeks. Otherwise the outcomes were broadly good for us / the ACC. And agree, UNC looks weak this year. Miami wins the coastal
    well, they're going to be up for their home opener no matter what, so I hardly see how the Nebraska result changes anything. Maybe we can hope for a bit of overconfidence, but I doubt it. Hopefully our guys can come up with something resembling a pass rush, because Nebraska sure didn't.

Cheats line at App State very close. Vegas consensus is UNCHEAT by 1, but one bookie favors App.

Another down year for Cheats and ole Mack will be on hot seat.

I’m sure the heels are licking their chops to really get after Former Duke QB Chase Brice.
    "This is the best of all possible worlds."
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    well, they're going to be up for their home opener no matter what, so I hardly see how the Nebraska result changes anything. Maybe we can hope for a bit of overconfidence, but I doubt it. Hopefully our guys can come up with something resembling a pass rush, because Nebraska sure didn't.
    We catch a mild break in that Fall quarter classes for NW don't begin until 9/20, so the student section will be lighter than usual. Their O-line is pretty solid though. LT Peter Skoronski is a potential All-American and high draft pick, and they picked up a quality grad transfer from Colorado State in G Vincent Picozzi.

Quote Originally Posted by luvdahops View Post
    We catch a mild break in that Fall quarter classes for NW don't begin until 9/20, so the student section will be lighter than usual. Their O-line is pretty solid though. LT Peter Skoronski is a potential All-American and high draft pick, and they picked up a quality grad transfer from Colorado State in G Vincent Picozzi.
    True, but they're right next door to Chicago filled with NW alums, so I expect we'll see a decent showing by their fans. Hope we can show a pass rush vs Temple, because without one NW is going to be ultra tough to beat.

Thursday 9/1/22:

West Virginia at #17 Pittsburgh, 7 pm, ESPN
    VMI at #22 Wake Forest, 7:30 pm, ACCN
    Thursday Night football about to kick off.
    Bob Green

Quote Originally Posted by chrishoke View Post
    I’m sure the heels are licking their chops to really get after Former Duke QB Chase Brice.
    Screw 'em...I can't say what I'd really like to as I enjoy being able to post on DBR occasionally. I have a lot of respect for the ASU program with some family members who are alumni. Go Mountaineers - kick some Cheater hiney!

Quote Originally Posted by peloton View Post
    Screw 'em...I can't say what I'd really like to as I enjoy being able to post on DBR occasionally. I have a lot of respect for the ASU program with some family members who are alumni. Go Mountaineers - kick some Cheater hiney!
    My brother was strength and conditioning coach for ASU for a decade before heading to the Big 10. Go Mountaineers!
    "This is the best of all possible worlds."
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

7-3 Neers with 42:45 left in the game at Heinz Field.

Come on Pitt. Represent for the ACC.

Quote Originally Posted by CameronDuke View Post
    7-3 Neers with 42:45 left in the game at Heinz Field.

Come on Pitt. Represent for the ACC.
    Heinz Field is now known as Acrisure Stadium. I'm in Pittsburgh right now (going to the Pirates game tomorrow night). It is going to be very difficult to get used to. The locals are not happy. Nor is anyone else.

10-10 at the half.

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyNotCrazie View Post
    10-10 at the half.
    Pitt has looked like the better team but West Virginia has made plays.
    Bob Green

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyNotCrazie View Post
    Heinz Field is now known as Acrisure Stadium. I'm in Pittsburgh right now (going to the Pirates game tomorrow night). It is going to be very difficult to get used to. The locals are not happy. Nor is anyone else.

10-10 at the half.
    Wow I was not aware of that!