Page 840 of 3369 FirstFirst ... 34074079083083883984084184285089094013401840 ... LastLast
Results 16,781 to 16,800 of 67370
    Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    My tipos have hit an all time high.
    FIFY. Not enough typos to qualify for all time high.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Quote Originally Posted by sue71 View Post
    Someone just decided to dial my code at the entry gate (it calls my cell phone) because they forgot their clicker to get in, and wanted me to buzz them in. I was like, I don't know you so I can't let you in & I hung up. I may have been a bit abrupt, but sorry, security first.

Is that witchy of me?
    Not at all.

I probably annoy people at the day school that leases space from our church as I set the alarm anytime I am the last to leave. My theory is that anyone on their staff that has a key to get into their locked office should be responsible enough to be given their alarm code. There is no point in paying for an alarm if people don't arm the building. And they should be able to walk 30 feet along the hall to be sure all the offices are empty if they aren't sure.

Because I can...

Happy Birthday to Me!

Because I can...

Happy Birthday to Me!
    I hope it is a day filled with joy and unexpected blessings!

Yes, Happy Bday!

Tonight's menu will feature rack of lamb, sweet potato gnocchi, persimmon salad and perhaps dark chocolate Klondike bars in your honor. Oh, and a big old red wine.

In between Duke football and Duke hoops...although I doubt we'll get the game on the tube.

If I stand in the kitchen and stir something, I get to avoid leaf raking and general yard work.
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Wow, it was one fine meal. I wish I had someone who could cook for me.
    My husband is so lucky.
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Happy birthday, Sue!

Birthday dinner here was pesto chicken with a basil cream sauce, rice, spinach salad with the last of the tomatoes from my yard. The birthday cake was red cake - the Mathews family recipe. Wine was Blockheadia Pinot Noir.

Quote Originally Posted by mattman91 View Post
    Happy birthday, Sue!
    Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post
    Yes, Happy Bday!

Tonight's menu will feature rack of lamb, sweet potato gnocchi, persimmon salad and perhaps dark chocolate Klondike bars in your honor. Oh, and a big old red wine.

In between Duke football and Duke hoops...although I doubt we'll get the game on the tube.

If I stand in the kitchen and stir something, I get to avoid leaf raking and general yard work.
    Ooh!, Jealous! (or was that Mmm!, Jealous!)

(And we seem to have survived the mystical, binary 2^14 threshold! On to 32768!)

-jk

Quote Originally Posted by -jk View Post
    Ooh!, Jealous! (or was that Mmm!, Jealous!)

(And we seem to have survived the mystical, binary 2^14 threshold! On to 32768!)

-jk
    Damn, as the guy who started bringing up prime numbers on this thread I must say -- whole. other. level.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Damn, as the guy who started bringing up prime numbers on this thread I must say -- whole. other. level.
    As an IT geek, I worried something dire might have happened with that post! Programmers allocate just so many spaces for stuff; when users overreach, bad things happen...

-jk

My birthday dinner was spent at Houston's, enjoying prime rib. Mmmmm

The day after, aka Saturday, Nov. 14, my best friend from grad school was in town for the day, so we watched the Ohio State game together in the morning at an Ohio State alumni bar, then I sucked it up and we went to the UCLA-Wazzu game at the Rose Bowl because he wanted to see the stadium (I've been several times, plus, ugh UCLA). Then we went to In-N-Out, & he headed back to his hotel because of an early flight the next morning.

Sunday was spent sleeping in, then going to the Farmers Market at the Grove. Today I am making turkey/chicken soup + matzo balls.

The nearly perfect weekend.

As an IT geek, I worried something dire might have happened with that post! Programmers allocate just so many spaces for stuff; when users overreach, bad things happen...

-jk
    You are lucky to have not been sucked into some sort of self-referential Gödel-Escher-Bachian looping vortex.

Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post

A ploy to remember, Hmmmm....

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    You are lucky to have not been sucked into some sort of self-referential Gödel-Escher-Bachian looping vortex.
    Something like this?

-jk

Something like this?

-jk
    Thanks, that is a cool site. Love the "Random" button too!

Just call me Sue71, Esq.

Just call me Sue71, Esq.

Congrats!

Just call me Sue71, Esq.
    Yay Sue!