Page 1036 of 2123 FirstFirst ... 3653693698610261034103510361037103810461086113615362036 ... LastLast
Results 20,701 to 20,720 of 42448

Thread: Ymm, Beer

Headed to Chicago for the weekend. Might participate in a Revolution while there...
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Short lived as it may be, I’ve now achieved a life goal of owning a Yellow Ferrari.

Well, The Veil Yellow Ferrari, anyway.

Billed as a DIPA, it is a very hazy pour with a deep head.

Even with a stuffy nose I get dank pineapple.

First sip (0-60 in under 3 seconds):
    First impression is way more grass and piney bitter than anticipated.

Shifting into second...still bitter, not overwhelmingly so; maybe hit the rev limiter on peak IBUs.

Upshifting into third, there is some notable orange and maybe pineapple citrus peeking around the bend.

Pretty sure getting into fourth, fifth, and sixth would put me firmly into not street legal speeds.
    (I’ll pause here and apologise for the mixed metaphor; drinking and driving is no joke, and Uber/Lyft/taxis are your friends.)

Yellow Ferrari is a racy beer indeed. Kinda shocked its only a V8 (%ABV) and not a V12.

A thoroughly enjoyable beer that, like its namesake, goes far too quickly.

I can definitely see over the past two days why Veil has earned such a great reputation.

Thanks devildeac!

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Headed to Chicago for the weekend. Might participate in a Revolution while there...
    You say you want a revolution
    Well, you know
    We all want to change the world

Veil Hit Me Up DIPA

Dual DIPA Friday! An early good night for sure! 🤣😱

Another hazy pour and generous head.

Hit Me Up is less dank than Yellow Ferrari, yet the dankness is still present.

More pineapple than the percieved pineapple orange in Yellow Ferrari.

Almost milkshake IPA territory on first sip.

Exceptional, very smooth, good mouthfeel.

Thanks again devildeac! 🍻

Allagash Coolship Resurgam 11/7/2018

Whatever it takes to get Allagash Coolship beers in NC, I am in.

Great funky barnyard nose.

Surprisingly balanced tart, funky, and hoppy.

I’d call this a desert island beer, given a choice.

Cheers!🍻

[QUOTE=fuse;1178342]Short lived as it may be, I’ve now achieved a life goal of owning a Yellow Ferrari.

Great review. I’m going to go back to Veil this weekend just based on your reviews. Not saying I take them for granted, but it’s always good to be reminded how good some beers in your own backyard are.

Quote Originally Posted by fuse View Post
    Short lived as it may be, I’ve now achieved a life goal of owning a Yellow Ferrari.

Shifting into second...still bitter, not overwhelmingly so; maybe hit the rev limiter on peak IBUs.

Upshifting into third, there is some notable orange and maybe pineapple citrus peeking around the bend.

Pretty sure getting into fourth, fifth, and sixth would put me firmly into not street legal speeds.
    (I’ll pause here and apologise for the mixed metaphor; drinking and driving is no joke, and Uber/Lyft/taxis are your friends.)

Yellow Ferrari is a racy beer indeed. Kinda shocked its only a V8 (%ABV) and not a V12.

I can definitely see over the past two days why Veil has earned such a great reputation.

Thanks devildeac!
    Fun review!

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Hmm, you may not be entirely out of the loop for this drop. We're driving through W-S on Friday, September 20 on our way to Columbus, OH, and return through W-S again on Monday 9/23. I know this safe, convenient and not-too-seedy bowling alley on the northeast side of town...

Might even get Tripping William involved in this...
    I'm in! I'm off Friday Sept. 20. I already have 3 beers in the fridge with your name on them. I'll pay for some Veil beers and give ACC fan some thank you beer at the next tailgate he can make. If Tripping William can join even better. But maybe we should just meet up at Stella. That's where he'll probably be. Or bowling works.

Stella run tonight. Learning from fuse's article on bottle shops, I asked him - had any beers recently that opened your eyes? How about these drafts?

He looked at me kind of down and said, "the customer in front of you just kicked 2 of those kegs up on the board. But... I just got 2 new Burials in if you want a fresh keg and can wait a few minutes." Yes please. I'll take both.

Tonight I'm having

Those Who Made It Out - Burial - DIPA - 8.8 % ABV -

"Double Dry-Hopped with Mosaic, Enigma, Cashmere and a final dose of Amarillo and Cashmere Cryo Powders."

I'll start with Fuse Category 3 - Holy $hit - Loved it. Try it if you like hoppy.

The pour is hazy, bright, juicy, like a maize 5-Alive (a tropical juice mix I loved to drink as a kid).

The aroma is ripe tropical fruits - papaya, guava, and dank but pleasant hops.

The taste is fresh, juicy, tropical (same as aromas), orange, lemon, very hoppy and dank but in a very good way, moderate but smooth, nice bitterness, and earthy finish.

It has that characteristic soft Burial mouthfeel that I always love.

I recognize the Enigma hops from that Grimm beer I fell in love with. These are also definitely one of my favorite hops. They linger with a very pleasant aftertaste that cheers you up afterward (no it's not the ABV I tell you).

Is there a better brewery than this in Asheville? (besides Wicked Weed) (that was a joke to rib DD)

I don't know what Cashmere is (or Amarillo) Was that one of the C-hops you don't like devildeac? All I know is there is nothing wrong with this beer.

Quote Originally Posted by richardjackson199 View Post
    I'm in! I'm off Friday Sept. 20. I already have 3 beers in the fridge with your name on them. I'll pay for some Veil beers and give ACC fan some thank you beer at the next tailgate he can make. If Tripping William can join even better. But maybe we should just meet up at Stella. That's where he'll probably be. Or bowling works.
    I think I’m around that weekend. Location may depend on how far off 52 dd is willing to venture.

Mediocre beer in Utah so far. Squatters hefe and Salt Flats Daytona IP were meh. Park City Brewing’s Belgian white was decent. Have some Uinta’s still to sample. No Polygamy Porter yet, and the Mexican restaurant where we ate last night was out of Park City Hookers. (It’s a blonde ale, you dirty dawgs ...)
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

Thanks devildeac!
    A classic review.

You're welcome.

Perhaps after that, accfanfrom1970 *might* have to downshift you to a yellowmiata...

Veil Hit Me Up DIPA

Dual DIPA Friday! An early good night for sure! 🤣😱

Another hazy pour and generous head.

Hit Me Up is less dank than Yellow Ferrari, yet the dankness is still present.

More pineapple than the percieved pineapple orange in Yellow Ferrari.

Almost milkshake IPA territory on first sip.

Exceptional, very smooth, good mouthfeel.

Thanks again devildeac! 🍻
    Another Veil product I thought you'd enjoy. You're welcome. Again.

I *almost* wish each of us could have had pairs of all the Veil brews I bought.

Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    I think I’m around that weekend. Location may depend on how far off 52 dd is willing to venture.

Mediocre beer in Utah so far. Squatters hefe and Salt Flats Daytona IP were meh. Park City Brewing’s Belgian white was decent. Have some Uinta’s still to sample. No Polygamy Porter yet, and the Mexican restaurant where we ate last night was out of Park City Hookers. (It’s a blonde ale, you dirty dawgs ...)
    Strong point. It's still a ways from Winston to Raleigh. I'm definitely down to hit up this famed bowling alley. Stella takes some time to peruse and could slow down your commute!

Quote Originally Posted by richardjackson199 View Post
    Stella run tonight. Learning from fuse's article on bottle shops, I asked him - had any beers recently that opened your eyes? How about these drafts?

He looked at me kind of down and said, "the customer in front of you just kicked 2 of those kegs up on the board. But... I just got 2 new Burials in if you want a fresh keg and can wait a few minutes." Yes please. I'll take both.

Tonight I'm having

Those Who Made It Out - Burial - DIPA - 8.8 % ABV -

"Double Dry-Hopped with Mosaic, Enigma, Cashmere and a final dose of Amarillo and Cashmere Cryo Powders."

I'll start with Fuse Category 3 - Holy $hit - Loved it. Try it if you like hoppy.

The pour is hazy, bright, juicy, like a maize 5-Alive (a tropical juice mix I loved to drink as a kid).

The aroma is ripe tropical fruits - papaya, guava, and dank but pleasant hops.

The taste is fresh, juicy, tropical (same as aromas), orange, lemon, very hoppy and dank but in a very good way, moderate but smooth, nice bitterness, and earthy finish.

It has that characteristic soft Burial mouthfeel that I always love.

I recognize the Enigma hops from that Grimm beer I fell in love with. These are also definitely one of my favorite hops. They linger with a very pleasant aftertaste that cheers you up afterward (no it's not the ABV I tell you).

Is there a better brewery than this in Asheville? (besides Wicked Weed) (that was a joke to rib DD)

I don't know what Cashmere is (or Amarillo) Was that one of the C-hops you don't like devildeac? All I know is there is nothing wrong with this beer.
    Cashmere is one of the newer hop varieties, IIRC, and a very pleasant/enjoyable/fruity one, not like Cascade/Chinook/Centennial.

Amarillo is one of the "older" varieties and I think much more tropical/citrus-y than piney/resiny.

In Utah?!?! OMG!!!

I don't have my assigned traveling times yet from Mrs. dd for that Friday () but I'm hoping for a bit more leisurely trip that day so could head to Stella, your office or Northside Lanes...

I'll be in touch.

Collusion-Gizmo Brew Works

Double NEIPA

Drink local! I wish I could find their description on the back of the cans so I could copy/paste here as it's waaay to long to try and type. Best memory is the inclusion/collusion of Vic Secret and Enigma hops in the final product.

Four pack of pint cans originally about $18 less 10% with my Total Wine coupon last weekend, minus another $2 from their "last chance" table.

(from memory)
    bottom of can stamp:

06/06/19
    bunchanumbers

Pour was a slightly hazy orange-yellow with a generous, foamy head. Nose of pineapple, orange and grapefruit with similar sensations on the palate with maybe some rind, mango and peaches and tangerines. No IBUs quoted so I'll guess 50 and the ABV was 8%. I thought the aromas, mouthfeel and flavors were a bit thin so I'm only giving this a fuse Cat 2 rating-certainly worth about $3.50/16 ounce can and one I'll happily have again and/or trade/share with others.

Lager-Ballast Point Brewing Company

Kinda local.

BPL 19 11:57
    PKG 16MAY 19

Per 12 Fl Oz Serving Average Analysis: Calories 99, Carbs 3.5 Grams, Protein 1.1 Grams, Fat 0.0 Grams

Shared 12 ounce can last PM with younger son-in-law as a palate cleanser after dinner.

Cold, light gold, floral, slight corn syrup (not added), minimally bitter. I'll guess IBUs around 20 and the ABV was 4.2%. Decent lager. Would be happy to pair with some sammiches, chips, raw veggies and a post-lawn trimming thirst. Not quite worthy of a Cat 2.

Wisconsin Amber-Capital Brewing Company

Drink nearby!

Another shared brew, this one was a 12 ounce bottle bought by above mentioned son-in-law after a golf outing in upstate Wisconsin as he also loaded his shopping cart with New Glarus Products .

Poured a clear, medium amber (d'oh!) with a small, off-white head. Aromas and tastes as expected with some herbal/earthy hops, caramel, toasted bread with a shade more bitterness than expected. Pretty comparable to the standard Fat Tire. IBUs weigh in at 28 and the ABV is 5.2%. Decent offering. Another (almost) Cat 2.

Kid Kölsch-New Glarus Brewing Company

Drink the stuff bought somewhat local!

What a delicate assortment of aromas and flavors from this shared 12 ounce bottle last PM with our younger son-in-law from his 6er he brought back to Chicago after a recent golf outing in upstate Wisconsin.

Poured a light straw-yellow with an almost meringue-like head which lingered a bit. Enticing pear, apple, hay and honey (none added) aromatherapy, followed by light lemon, fresh apples and pears, light brown sugar and mildly bitter Euro hops. Bottle label claims Spalt Hops (new to me) and (unnamed) German and Czech barley and wheat malts. I'll guess 10 IBUs and about 5% ABV. I'm dreaming of a roasted turkey, Havarti cheese, lettuce and tomato sammich on toasted whole wheat bread with a thin smear of real mayo to pair with this wonderful, new New Glarus beverage. Not quite a Cat 3 beer but I'd have another (and another) of these if offered.