Page 1360 of 2123 FirstFirst ... 360860126013101350135813591360136113621370141014601860 ... LastLast
Results 27,181 to 27,200 of 42448

Thread: Ymm, Beer

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    I'm highly, highly impressed that mattman is having an incredible evening. I'm learning a lot from his reviews.
    Those were all from Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. 16 oz cans split with a good friend

Interesting. We visited Heist after my NASCAR drive several years ago and had a couple nice flatbreads and salads. The beer I had was good but not memorable. I've had a couple Heist mini growlers the last couple months as Bottle Rev featured them and rather enjoyed both of them, along with my New Anthem drafts.
    Heist gifted a brewer to Pinehurst Brewing Company, for which I am grateful
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    Wow. Call mattman “butter,” baby, cuz he is on a roll.
    And, dang, if they are not all mouth watering reviews!

Hi Wire 10W-40 Horchata Stout

A full growler gifted from a friend/client (probably as payment for my taking him out on Pinehurst No.2). Mexican coffee with a kick. Vanilla and cinnamon and a hint of amaretto. 8% ABV of silky smooth goodness. Easily Cat 3.
    I've seen that but never put one in my basket. Might have to rectify that if I see it again. I like the original HiWire 10W40 and the amaretto makes it even more enticing.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Quote Originally Posted by mattman91 View Post
    Those were all from Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. 16 oz cans split with a good friend
    Wait, you can't be done yet; that only sounded like half a truckload .

Heist gifted a brewer to Pinehurst Brewing Company, for which I am grateful
    Interesting.

From Tuesday night:

Schism-Brewery Bhavana and TRVE Brewing Company collaboration

Mostly local

Credit-RJ199; many thanks!!
    Format-pint can
    Style-flavored and foeder fermented wild ale
    Stemware-large wine glass
    Appearance-hazy yellow with hints of orange and ruby; thin head
    Nose-vinous
    Mouthfeel-pleasantly puckery
    Tastes-red wine, fruited vinegar, lime juice; pretty complex
    Barrels-Sangiovese foeders and red wine barrels (18 months of aging)
    Adjuncts-scuppernong and Muscadine grapes (2 additional months of aging)
    IBU-pffft
    ABV-5.7% but punches higher
    Overall rating-superb
    Ymm, Beer rating-mid/upper cat 3; all the elements I'd expect for the style and aging; might have to try some TRVE beverages

Note: received prior to the recent untoward events revealed about one of Brewery Bhavana's owners and reviewed for its quality

Gizmo Brew Works Blood Orange Milkshake DIPA procured late this afternoon for killerleft's edition of our Virtual Pub a week from Saturday.

The Savages of Ruminating Minds-Burial Beer Company

Brewed in Asheville, bought in Raleigh, so regional and local

Credit-it was available and my Visa was under limit
    Style-hazy IPA
    Format-pint can from a 4 pack
    Stemware-snifter
    Looks-cloudy pineapple yellow; moderate and thick head
    Nose-pineapple and guava
    Mouthfeel-this one had a little attitude
    Tastes-pineapple puree with some core included; guava; hints of tangerine and melon
    Hops-Mosaic, Motueka and Idaho 7
    IBU-likely 50 to 60
    ABV-7.2%
    Overall impression-another high quality Burial IPA
    Ymm, Beer rating-low cat 3; lost a point for being a bit thin but I'm picking nits here; delighted to buy this today at The Exhibit, their joint in Raleigh

Rio Reserva, a trader from RJ199 recently. I'm going to have to ponder this one another day to enter a post worthy of this double barrel aged Belgian strong ale, but, it was outstanding.

Gizmo Brew Works Blood Orange Milkshake DIPA procured late this afternoon for killerleft's edition of our Virtual Pub a week from Saturday.
    I'll mention one of these next Saturday, maybe both: Vanilla Whipp, a Milkshake IPA from Southern Tier Brewing in Lakewood, NY, and/or Yolks on You, another milkshake IPA, this one from Clayton, NC's Deep River Brewing. They're both on tap, but this weekend at two different Lowe's Beer Dens.
    Man, if your Mom made you wear that color when you were a baby, and you're still wearing it, it's time to grow up!

Yea, that's really a wonderful "go to" beer.

What's the big D?
    Short for Defenestrator - a name bandied around a bit. Fresh 32 oz. crowler fill of draft beer.

Quote Originally Posted by killerleft View Post
    I'll mention one of these next Saturday, maybe both: Vanilla Whipp, a Milkshake IPA from Southern Tier Brewing in Lakewood, NY, and/or Yolks on You, another milkshake IPA, this one from Clayton, NC's Deep River Brewing. They're both on tap, but this weekend at two different Lowe's Beer Dens.
    OPK mentioned the first one but will certainly be interested in your tasting. I saw the other in Total Wine yesterday and chose the Gizmo brew instead on a whim.

Quote Originally Posted by accfanfrom1970 View Post
    Short for Defenestrator - a name bandied around a bit. Fresh 32 oz. crowler fill of draft beer.
    Ahh, gotcha. On a bulletin board *sometimes* known for its basketball discussions, I thought you may have been talking about something hoops related.

Quote Originally Posted by accfanfrom1970 View Post
    Wait — there’s a Defenestrator beer? This changes everything.

Pinehurst Brewing Company Seul Belgian Blonde

From the brewer: “ Very pleasant yeast derived flavors - banana and clove. Bready malt background with a nice dry finish and high carbonation.” Pours a super-bright gold. Minimal head on it. Definite banana & clove flavors. A tinge of pink bubblegum. 6.1% ABV and very easy-drinking. Solid Cat 2.
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

From last night. Caught a break between rain-showers and hit the deck at Legend Brewery with Mrs. Nrrrrvous.

Was slightly disappointed they didn't have my triple on tap but needed something light anyway...

Legend American Wheat Ale -

From the website - a pale, refreshing, light-bodied ale. Flavors of malted wheat. Honey and light hoppy presence from Appolo and Motueka hops are complimented by flavors of mellon and pear produced during fermentation on Norwegian hot-head yeast.

Local - yep.
    IBU - 15
    ABV - 6.5

We decided to see how the social distancing thing goes at one of our faves. They are putting forth some effort, could've been a little better about where to wait, etc. but... not bad. Good distance between patrons.

Beer was delicious. Very mellow up front, quite refreshing. Slight fruit/honey towards the back and as it got a little warmer. Easy category 2. Easy to toss back a couple on a hot evening.
    "That young man has an extra step on his ladder the rest of us just don't have."

Haw River Cultural Divide Meyer Lemon Meringue Kettle Soured Saison

Tart Saison Ale kettle soured with Carolina Culture yogurt, brewed with lactose, then infused with fresh meyer lemons and vanilla beans

If the can label isn’t enough- stop what you are doing, go to your local bottle shop, and buy a four pack of this beer. You won’t regret it.

Bit of a cloudy pour, limited head.

Tastes like a lemon soda to a certain extent.
    Rich, full mouth feel, and simultaneously creamy smooth and sweet tart tart.

Another brilliant Haw River beer.

Cheers! 🍻

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Wait — there’s a Defenestrator beer? This changes everything.
    Defenestrator 32oz Crowler-Ardent Brewery, local. Scott’s Addition local. Around the corner from Veil. Down the street is Strangeways. Couple of blocks away is Vasen and Starr Hill. And it backs up to ZZ Que.

Defenestrator is a collaboration brewed The Cask Café. A dark brown doppelbock with a malty aroma and mild fruity notes. Has a full-bodied mouthfeel, some nutty flavor.
    8.7% ABV
    22 IBU

Tried it cold, better as it warmed up. I think I reviewed a BBA version a couple of years ago. That was better, but this is really good and very drinkable. Low cat 3, a style I now look for.

The final Lost Province Big Guava was super chunky, and it did not detract from my enjoyment one bit.

Super huge guava / tropical fruit salad nose, and same on the palate.

Cheers! 🍻