Page 1359 of 2123 FirstFirst ... 359859125913091349135713581359136013611369140914591859 ... LastLast
Results 27,161 to 27,180 of 42448

Thread: Ymm, Beer

Survived last week's truckload of NC beer. Unfortunately, Jahvanilla did NOT survive the weekend.

More later.

New Grass: Tiny Bus Home, Old World Pilsner

Shelby, NC

4%

This is an interesting Pilsner. On the maltier side for a pilsner, but finished with subtle earthy, grassy hop notes. I do not know what to compare this to, but I enjoyed it. I thought it would remind me of Pilsner Urquell, but it didn’t. Give this one a try if you see it. Nothing world-class, but a fun take on the style. A genuinely unique Cat 2.

Salud Cerveceria: Del Patio Lager de la Casa

Charlotte, NC

4%

Never heard of this brewery before, but apparently, they are in Charlotte. Nothing special at all about this one, and I probably enjoyed it more than I should have. Great for a hot summer day, perhaps on the patio. A great lager to have on hand at the house The lowest of Cat 2.

Amos Artis: Cruisin’ Down the Street in My 64.

Great name.

Fort Mill, SC (OK, not NC, but close enough)

6.4%

Classic west coast style IPA. Many have grown tired of the style, but I still enjoy these. Classic citrus, pine hop character. Not super bitter, but still a good representation of the style. I enjoyed this one more than my friend. Cat 2.

Heist: Mama Ain’t Home

Charlotte, NC

7.7%

Nope. Did not like this one. I visited Heist a year or two ago and was unimpressed. This one did nothing to change my mind. This may have been an old can (no date) but it tasted off to me. Had that sweet, malty, old IPA taste. Cat 1. It was hard to finish.

Devine Barrel Brewing: Zest Intentions Berliner Weisse

Charlotte, NC

5.5%

This one was fantastic. Sour, but not off-putting (coming from someone who is not a fan of sour beer). Grapefruit and lemon, tart, and easy drinking. I’d put this in Cat 3 for the style.

New Anthem: Neon God NEIPA

Wilmington, NC

6.3%

Wow! Like the WMB Conceited Genius, this one packs a ton of flavor at 6.3%. In your face aroma. pineapple, orange, mango, grapefruit. One of the better NEIPAs I have had. Find it. Buy it. Drink it. Cat 3.

New Anthem: Dancing on My Own DIPA

Wilmington, NC

8.3%

Is this the same beer as Neon God but 2% stronger? I think so. Heavier, stronger mouthfeel but similar taste and aroma of Neon God. Another Cat 3. Why have I never had anything from New Anthem?

Resident Culture: Dragon Energy Triple IPA

Charlotte, NC

10.5%

This is probably the highest ABV NEIPA I have ever had. I wasn’t sure what to expect, but DAMN this is dangerous. Looks like OJ, drinks almost as easily. Mango, orange, grapefruit. An adult tropical fruit cocktail. Cat 3.

Newgrass: Tasteful Clutter Pale Ale

Shelby, NC

5.4%

A nice hazy pale ale. A little malty and grainy with just enough hop character to balance it. The mouthfeel was fuller-bodied than the abv would suggest. Solid Cat 2. I’d have it again.

Resident Culture: Disco baby

Charlotte, NC

7%

Another solid west coast IPA. Simcoe hops for days. Citrus notes and a hefty amount of pine. A bit “sticky”. Solid Cat 2.

Wow. Call mattman “butter,” baby, cuz he is on a roll.
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

Hi Wire 10W-40 Horchata Stout

A full growler gifted from a friend/client (probably as payment for my taking him out on Pinehurst No.2). Mexican coffee with a kick. Vanilla and cinnamon and a hint of amaretto. 8% ABV of silky smooth goodness. Easily Cat 3.
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

Quote Originally Posted by mattman91 View Post
    Survived last week's truckload of NC beer. Unfortunately, Jahvanilla did NOT survive the weekend.

More later.
    Happy for you, sad for me.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Heist: Mama Ain’t Home

Charlotte, NC

7.7%

Nope. Did not like this one. I visited Heist a year or two ago and was unimpressed. This one did nothing to change my mind. This may have been an old can (no date) but it tasted off to me. Had that sweet, malty, old IPA taste. Cat 1. It was hard to finish.
    Interesting. We visited Heist after my NASCAR drive several years ago and had a couple nice flatbreads and salads. The beer I had was good but not memorable. I've had a couple Heist mini growlers the last couple months as Bottle Rev featured them and rather enjoyed both of them, along with my New Anthem drafts.

Devine Barrel Brewing: Zest Intentions Berliner Weisse

Charlotte, NC

5.5%

This one was fantastic. Sour, but not off-putting (coming from someone who is not a fan of sour beer). Grapefruit and lemon, tart, and easy drinking. I’d put this in Cat 3 for the style.
    Our older daughter and her husband really like this brewery and I've been pleased with the couple I've had, too.

New Anthem: Neon God NEIPA

Wilmington, NC

6.3%

Wow! Like the WMB Conceited Genius, this one packs a ton of flavor at 6.3%. In your face aroma. pineapple, orange, mango, grapefruit. One of the better NEIPAs I have had. Find it. Buy it. Drink it. Cat 3.
    Hmm, I've had several New Anthem cans and mini growlers but don't recognize this one. But, they have quite an extensive beer list and I only have so many functioning hepatocytes.

New Anthem: Dancing on My Own DIPA

Wilmington, NC

8.3%

Is this the same beer as Neon God but 2% stronger? I think so. Heavier, stronger mouthfeel but similar taste and aroma of Neon God. Another Cat 3. Why have I never had anything from New Anthem?

Perhaps New Anthem only distributes within 100 miles or so of Wilmington. Likely the best brewery in town.

Charlotte, NC

10.5%

This is probably the highest ABV NEIPA I have ever had. I wasn’t sure what to expect, but DAMN this is dangerous. Looks like OJ, drinks almost as easily. Mango, orange, grapefruit. An adult tropical fruit cocktail. Cat 3.
    Another brewery our older daughter and her husband really like in Charlotte.

I'm highly, highly impressed that mattman is having an incredible evening. I'm learning a lot from his reviews.