Page 1308 of 2123 FirstFirst ... 308808120812581298130613071308130913101318135814081808 ... LastLast
Results 26,141 to 26,160 of 42448

Thread: Ymm, Beer

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    My portion last PM, one day after purchasing the mini growler was still well-preserved and highly flavorful.
    Abbaye de Saint Bon-Chien (draft)-Brasserie des Franches-Montagnes (BFM)

Night #3; tonight. A bit less carbonation with an even thinner head/rim but still all the classic sour flavors/characteristics. Crossing fingers the last 8 ounces tomorrow night has not "turned."
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Dessert the last two nights. Sunday night my last Zaftig BBA peanut butter stout “Nuts for You.” Monday night Hardywood’s BBA Raspberry Stout. Still have one of those left. Both cat 3’s in their category. I’d have to be in the mood with 3-4 more people, but would love to side-by-side the peanut butter stouts from Zaftig, Isley’s Choosey Mother’s and Veils Peanut Butter Cup.

Zeitghost-Casita Cerveceria/New Anthem Beer Project collaboration

somewhat east of local

Credit-I needed a couple more cans to complete my mixed case last month and get 15% off; breweries ain't too shabby either
    Style-West Coast IPA (uh-oh)
    How old izzit-32420 stamped just below top rim
    Format-1/8 gallon aluminum cell
    Glassware-standard pint glass
    Appearance-yellow gold with a slight haze; billowy head
    Up your nose-dank; pine and resin; grapefruit
    On the tongue-about as bitter as anticipated
    Down the esophagus-orange and grapefruit rind; piney/resiny/danky
    Grains-2 Row, Carapils, Crystal 20
    Hops-Simcoe, Amarillo and the 3 Cs: Centennial, Chinook and Columbus
    How bitter-probably 60+ IBUs
    How potent-7.6% ABV
    Overall impression-I had my reservations but couldn't resist a collaboration brew from these two breweries; really well done
    Ymm, Beer rating-knocking on the door for cat 3; I was pleasantly surprised how much I enjoyed/appreciated this as I tired of West Coast IPAs a couple years ago

Forgot the photo of the label from Untappd-note the giant hop originating from the giant brewing vessel and the two "grim reaper" brewers if you're able, one with "C" and the other with "NA" under their hoodies:

beer-3726815_9fb98_sm.jpeg

Zeitghost-Casita Cerveceria/New Anthem Beer Project collaboration

somewhat east of local

Credit-I needed a couple more cans to complete my mixed case last month and get 15% off; breweries ain't too shabby either
    Style-West Coast IPA (uh-oh)
    How old izzit-32420 stamped just below top rim
    Format-1/8 gallon aluminum cell
    Glassware-standard pint glass
    Appearance-yellow gold with a slight haze; billowy head
    Up your nose-dank; pine and resin; grapefruit
    On the tongue-about as bitter as anticipated
    Down the esophagus-orange and grapefruit rind; piney/resiny/danky
    Grains-2 Row, Carapils, Crystal 20
    Hops-Simcoe, Amarillo and the 3 Cs: Centennial, Chinook and Columbus
    How bitter-probably 60+ IBUs
    How potent-7.6% ABV
    Overall impression-I had my reservations but couldn't resist a collaboration brew from these two breweries; really well done
    Ymm, Beer rating-knocking on the door for cat 3; I was pleasantly surprised how much I enjoyed/appreciated this as I tired of West Coast IPAs a couple years ago

From my Bottle Rev email today:

"This Wednesday’s growler special features not 1 but 3 awesome breweries. We’re always picking up special kegs to tap for just the right occasion. It just so happens that Wednesday is the perfect occasion for awesome beer. We are tapping Edmund’s Oast Cereal for Dinner Blonde, Mast Landing Gunner’s Daughter Milk Stout & Divine Barrel We’re Out of Peanut Butter Karen! All these kegs are fantastic and it’s the first time Mast Landing has been available in NC. The best part is that the Growlers are only $5/16oz."

Ok, who wants some?

From my Bottle Rev email today:

"This Wednesday’s growler special features not 1 but 3 awesome breweries. We’re always picking up special kegs to tap for just the right occasion. It just so happens that Wednesday is the perfect occasion for awesome beer. We are tapping Edmund’s Oast Cereal for Dinner Blonde, Mast Landing Gunner’s Daughter Milk Stout & Divine Barrel We’re Out of Peanut Butter Karen! All these kegs are fantastic and it’s the first time Mast Landing has been available in NC. The best part is that the Growlers are only $5/16oz."

Ok, who wants some?

Divine's peanut butter one was recently reviewed.

I have liked what I have had from Edmund's Oast, but I have not had that particular beer.
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    Divine's peanut butter one was recently reviewed.

I have liked what I have had from Edmund's Oast, but I have not had that particular beer.
    Amazingly, "search thread" actually worked and I found your review. I thought that one sounded familiar. Fuse brought back a pint can of the Mast Landing brew for me from his beercation last year and I remember it fondly (the beer, not his beercation ).

I don't think I've had any Edmund Oast brews. Might have to start with a mini growler tomorrow; divided over 2 nights, of course. What could go wrong with a Cereal for Dinner Blonde ?

Fourth and final night of this:

Abbaye de Saint Bon-Chien (draft)-Brasserie des Franches-Montagnes (BFM)

Local? lol

Credit-Nrrrrrvous, with a huge assist here, my keen eyes recognizing this from the Bottle Rev tap list and connecting it with his post
    Style-oak/wine barrel aged Biere de Garde/sour
    Format-mini growler ($20 and that was with $4 off) that I'm hoping to divide over 4 nights (see ABV below)
    Stemware-small Allagash tulip
    Appearance-light ruby amber; thin head
    Nose-red wine, wet wood, cherry/apple vinegar
    Mouthfeel-this tickled a bit
    Tastes-sour cherry/apple vinegar, berries, zinfandel, oak, tannins
    Adjuncts-none
    IBU-probably <10
    ABV-11.3% (I'm reeaally glad I looked at the tap list closely); more than dangerous
    Overall impression-two words: world class; if Bottle Rev has a small (or large) bottle of this, I'm buying it and reviewing again for OPK's Virtual Pub
    Ymm, Beer rating-front, top and center cat 3; in the same league as any Rodenbach I've ever had

Additional discussion: We had a sour-themed Virtual Pub here in October (posts #22116-22162 if anyone wants a fairly quick "review") and the "best of show" that day were Ad Idem (Lost Abbey and Wicked Weed-2016), Err on the Side of Awesome (New Belgium 2018 or 2019) and Cellar Door #1 (Brewery Bhavana's "base" sour from 2018, IIRC). The sour/Biere de Garde reviewed above is as good as any of them, perhaps a shade better.

Thanks again to Nrrrrrvous for the recommendation!!
    Paired it with a homemade casserole of penne a la bolognese and a Caesar salad. Very nice combination. I've learned that sours match Italian entrees reasonably well, even though this brewery is in Switzerland .

https://www.brasseriebfm.ch/en

SoPines Brewing Salted Caramel Macchiato Stout

Finally got around to drinking a pint of this. Pours a nice dark color. Minimal thin head. Very well balanced between the caramel flavors and the coffee. Just the right amount of sweetness. Maybe a little bit of maple as well. Paired it with a "breakfast for dinner" kind of meal, and it matched really well. Right on the line between Cat 2 and Cat 3 for me. Very much worth seeking out.

SoPines Brewing Salted Caramel Macchiato Stout

Finally got around to drinking a pint of this. Pours a nice dark color. Minimal thin head. Very well balanced between the caramel flavors and the coffee. Just the right amount of sweetness. Maybe a little bit of maple as well. Paired it with a "breakfast for dinner" kind of meal, and it matched really well. Right on the line between Cat 2 and Cat 3 for me. Very much worth seeking out.
    Hmm, will be visiting Bottle Rev tomorrow after work and might pick up two of your recent tastings, this one and We're Out of Peanut Butter, Karen.

Hmm, will be visiting Bottle Rev tomorrow after work and might pick up two of your recent tastings, this one and We're Out of Peanut Butter, Karen.
    Expect you’ll enjoy both.

I'm supposed to be drinking <$1 Pilsner Urquell in Prague/Pilsen right now.

Looking to start brewing again soon. Resisting the urge to not put some of my vacation money into some new high end brewing equipment

2-can-umbrella-2-800x640.jpg

I guess as long as there's no Bright *** Tank Top involved, this name/picture is OK.

Quote Originally Posted by mattman91 View Post
    I'm supposed to be drinking <$1 Pilsner Urquell in Prague/Pilsen right now.

Looking to start brewing again soon. Resisting the urge to not put some of my vacation money into some new high end brewing equipment
    Second job?

2-can-umbrella-2-800x640.jpg

I guess as long as there's no Bright *** Tank Top involved, this name/picture is OK.
    You’re a real wanker for saying that.

Unicorns and Lollipops? Really? More tonight...

Unicorns and Lollipops? Really? More tonight...
    Had that one at a bottle shop a few months ago. Back when we could go places.

I thought it was decent.

Stella run! More to follow.

Quote Originally Posted by mattman91 View Post
    Had that one at a bottle shop a few months ago. Back when we could go places.

I thought it was decent.
    I'll agree with that. Interesting/good/not particularly exciting/won't search out/worth a try at least.

Stella run! More to follow.
    Pondering a day trip for some walking/hiking at Hanging Rock State Park on Saturday. Might have to take a *slight* detour through Saxapahaw...