Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Been hard to watch so far.

They don't look like a mediocre shooting team right now, that's for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by fuse View Post
    Been hard to watch so far.
    Lackadaisical at best and bet K roasts them at half. Carey is getting some bench time this half, will likely see him play 20 in 2nd half.

Quote Originally Posted by rsvman View Post
    They don't look like a mediocre shooting team right now, that's for sure.
    The story thus far is, Duke is sleepwalking through this game on defense and tentative on offense, 30% team effort; Clemson showed up to play tonight with 100% effort and they actually want to win the game.

Team isn’t communicating on defense and look off on offense. No help defense, no energy to get steals. What’s up guys??

Quote Originally Posted by dukebluesincebirth View Post
    Team isn’t communicating on defense and look off on offense. No help defense, no energy to get steals. What’s up guys??
    Duke will need to play much better to come out of this with a win.

What a horrendous game from Alex. At least 3 open baskets that were on him, two missed bunnies and an ugly three that almost hit the shot clock.

Oh my god. This was just a perfect summary of this half.

Alex O’Connell is an unmitigated disaster this season.

We desperately miss Wendell Moore. This season will get a lot uglier before it gets pretty.

Quote Originally Posted by ratamero View Post
    Oh my god. This was just a perfect summary of this half.
    I was thinking the same thing

Wow.

Well, at least the steal prevented Clemson from adding to the lead.

I counted at least four missed layups for us in the first half.

Ouch.
    How many blown layups in the first half?
    At least three.

Defense is...porous.

Looking forward to a better second half where we outscore them by at least 8.

Some really poor play tonight. Lazy passes left and right and just no sense of urgency.

Quote Originally Posted by ratamero View Post
    What a horrendous game from Alex. At least 3 open baskets that were on him, two missed bunnies and an ugly three that almost hit the shot clock.
    He played better than Hurt🤬

I’m surprised Duke is down just 40-33 that half. Clemson got basically whatever they wanted offensively including shooting 5-9 from 3 and attacking the rim off the dribble consistently.

Duke with 9 sloppy turnovers and missing 3 free throws too.

Still shooting 46.2% overall but the defense looks the worst it has since losing to Stephen F. Austin.

scottdude8 is offline Moderator, Contributor, Zoubek disciple, and resident Wolverine
    This was always a trap game, on the road with relatively short rest before Louisville. Clemson’s momentum after taking out UNC and Joey’s injury made it even more of a trap. And now we’re missing layups while they’re draining 3s.

But only down 7 after a half in which everything that could go wrong did isn’t the end of the world. I’m betting K adjusts with a smaller lineup in the second half.

Nothing to like. Nothing to build on. Throw it all out. Play some people who want to leave it in the floor. I say we burn Joey’s redshirt.

Quote Originally Posted by dukebluesincebirth View Post
    The worst half of the season thus far. Coach K did not look particularly pleased walking off the court. Let’s see if they can pull this one out.
    Last edited by pfrduke; 01-14-2020 at 07:59 PM.

We have several players who just seem to fluctuate in intensity and have spells of falling asleep. Hurt is in la la land. O’Connell tried hard but failed several times. We’ll see if K has the magic halftime sauce to wake this team up.

Quote Originally Posted by Sixthman View Post
    Nothing to like. Nothing to build on. Throw it all out. Play some people who want to leave it in the floor. I say we burn Joey’s redshirt.
    Not much to like. Goldwire missed a layup even I could make to go into the half. Alex has been bad as has Hurt. Missed FT's. Only one playing well is Vernon. We do miss Wendell tonight and possibly Joey could hit from outside.