Page 250 of 3388 FirstFirst ... 1502002402482492502512522603003507501250 ... LastLast
Results 4,981 to 5,000 of 67743
    Quote Originally Posted by DevilAlumna View Post
    Speaking of one-posts-in-the-LTE people - quite an odd assortment:

hc5duke 1
    snowdenscold 1
    godukerocks 1
    mapei 1
    BlueDiablo 1
    Johnboy 1
    BigTedder 1
    alaskan assassin 1
    dukestheheat 1
    allenmurray 1
    JBDuke 1
    bdh21 1
    Lauderdevil 1
    brevity 1
    mus074 1
    OZZIE4DUKE 1
    Dukerati 1
    ricks68 1
    twisterduke81 1
    Rich 1
    monkey 1
    rthomas 1
    Ignatius07 1
    feldspar 1
    CrazyCat 1
    RockyMtDevil 1
    devilmacdawg 1

I wonder who we can get back for more fun!
    Very interesting list with some posters with large post counts and others who rarely post. C'mon folks, join the LTE gang!

To quote the old "Don't Do Drugs" Public Service Announcement:

I learned it from watching you, okay?

Fair enough

By the way, DiK, from what part of Kansas do you hail? Something collegiate? Suburb of Mo? Someplace to the West of the state? Feel free to be vague, I'm just curious about the general location.

That makes two of us. Don't get me wrong, I love all things fried; but to me, a Green tomato means there's something not quite right with the fruit. It's supposed to be yummy, juicy red!
    I'm with you - I'll wait for the tomatoes to ripen and enjoy them the way it was intended. Frying them green just seems like adding calories for no good reason.

By the way, DiK, from what part of Kansas do you hail? Something collegiate? Suburb of Mo? Someplace to the West of the state? Feel free to be vague, I'm just curious about the general location.
    I'm not a native of Kansas but I have now been in Overland Park, a suburb of Kansas City, for more years than seems possible. I have, however, visited most towns in Kansas since my idea of a vacation for 15 years was to ride a bicycle with 500 to 800 of my closest friends across the state of Kansas. These vacations stopped when I had to pick between cycling across Kansas or cycling around the Loire Valley of France.

Briefly changing the subject, let's not forget that Ymo is reading a part in a play tomorrow night and should get some encouragement from us as he prepares for this new undertaking. Let's go Ymo-clap-clap/clap-clap-clap!

You've got to learn the trick of drafting with someone equally PW-focused, DiK!
    So the trick is to find someone else to work with. Thank you for the . . .

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    I have, however, visited most towns in Kansas since my idea of a vacation for 15 years was to ride a bicycle with 500 to 800 of my closest friends across the state of Kansas. These vacations stopped when I had to pick between cycling across Kansas or cycling around the Loire Valley of France.
    Oh, yeah, I can see how that would be a tough decision...

Is Worlds of Fun still in KC? Has it become part of a larger chain? Growing up, getting to go to WoF was nearly as good as Disneyland (and more likely, since it was only a 3 hour drive away.)

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Don't worry, you're learning from some of the masters.
    . . . great example to follow. I might get the hang of this yet.

Is Worlds of Fun still in KC? Has it become part of a larger chain? Growing up, getting to go to WoF was nearly as good as Disneyland (and more likely, since it was only a 3 hour drive away.)
    It is still here, as well as Oceans of Fun. As far as I remember, they are still owned by Hunt Enterprises - or whichever Hunt family business it is. I can't keep track of the new rides. They keep adding and removing roller coasters.

Yeah - I stewed over the Kansas vs France decision for days!
    The added incentive of time in Paris after the week cycling increased the odds in France's favor. We ended up spending 8 days in Paris and watching the Tour de France start that year. What a fun time - museums, great food, and men in lycra shorts!

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    I have never had fried green tomatoes - do I have to give up any claim to having lived in the South? Can someone post a recipe in the Recipe thread?
    Fried green tomatoes are absolutely delicious.
    Find my fried chicken recipe. Duplicate the breading. Slice your green tomatoes. Dip them in a mixture of 8 oz. or so of milk and an egg, whipped together, and then in the breading. Fry normally. You can also leave out the milk and/or egg.
    IMO, fried green tomatoes are best when coated with corn meal instead of flour. Use the same seasoning as above, but substitute the meal for the flour. In this instance, you will have to coat your tomatoes with the milk/egg mixture (you can do without one or the other in a pinch or if you're allergic or something, but you can't coat them directly with the meal very well without at least one or the other). Also, be sure your oil is good and hot; this will help the coating adhere to the tomatoes quickly...just be careful!
    Another great way to do these is low-yield, but incredibly high-reward (not to mention high in cholesterol):
    Fry an entire package of bacon. Keep the grease hot and fry tomatoes until the grease is spent. Make BLTs until the tomatoes are gone (leftover green tomatoes fried the above, "ordinary" way are also heavenly on a BLT...or just about any other sandwich for that matter, especially a burger).
    Last edited by wilson; 10-28-2008 at 01:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    Fry an entire package of bacon. Keep the grease hot and fry tomatoes until the grease is spent. Make BLTs until the tomatoes are gone (leftover green tomatoes fried the above, "ordinary" way are also heavenly on a BLT...
    ZOMG, that sounds DELISH!!! Man, I'm hungry now. Thanks, Wilson...

About 150 feet in front of the Duke Chapel doors.
    Way to make your first post in the LTE, JBDuke!

That reminds me, I got some good pictures with you when I was back in Durham last weekend. Way to be good photo fodder.
    Actually, I have posted previously in this thread, although it has been a long, long time.

And I'm always happy to pose for pictures. Just don't ask me to smile. Or to drop my cigar...
    JBDuke

Andre Dawkins: “People ask me if I can still shoot, and I ask them if they can still breathe. That’s kind of the same thing.”

Boo chilly

We had sleet yesterday.

Yesterday wasn't too bad here. However, the rain and cooler weather is showing up today.

Briefly changing the subject, let's not forget that Ymo is reading a part in a play tomorrow night and should get some encouragement from us as he prepares for this new undertaking. Let's go Ymo-clap-clap/clap-clap-clap!
    Let's go Ymo-clap-clap/clap-clap-clap!

GTHC, GTH!

Quote Originally Posted by CathyCA View Post

GTHC, GTH!

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by TillyGalore View Post
    I am happy to report that I can take my bra off with one hand, and the hooks were in the back.

Does hooking it up in the front with one hand then turning the bra around count, or do you have have hook it with one hand with bra on correctly? Hmm, this sounds a game for a bachelorette party or just a girls night out party.

FYI, my computer dictionary does not recognize the word bachelorette. Hrmph!
    It is so nice to know you've been putting your time to good use.

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    I can now pick Ymo out of a line-up and he held his own quite admirably in the rehearsal last night. Tonight, his acting debut - I may turn him to the dark side yet.

I do believe the best direction he got was, and I quote, "You're Ron Artest and if anybody throws a cup of ice at you, you're going into the stands."