Page 1697 of 3371 FirstFirst ... 69711971597164716871695169616971698169917071747179721972697 ... LastLast
Results 33,921 to 33,940 of 67404
    Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    I listen to the "You're Wrong About" podcast every once in awhile. I very much enjoyed the recent programs on Shannon Faulkner and the Stanford Prison Experiment. I didn't enjoy the anti-vaccine movement program as much, not because it wasn't good, but it was mislabeled, it was about autism with some discussion of the anti-vaccine movement sprinkled in. The anti-vaccine movement has moved past merely being about autism at this point and that wasn't discussed.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Sweet, sizzlin scrapple. More evidence that God wants us to be happy, along with garlic and sweatpants.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    No stones tossed here. When I was a kid, one of my favorite lunches was to get a can of Hormel corned beef hash, warm it in a skillet, and eat the whole can with a sea of ketchup on top.

It was more a warning to those who are comfortable in their beliefs and faiths. He loosely defines myths as "other people's religions," and religions as "minsunderstood myths." And it goes from there. But it is a great series on Eastern and Western religions, common sources of similar motifs, and the purposes, origins, and powers of those forces. It's not for everyone.

(I don't think he approved of scrapple or canned corned beef hash though, and I doubt he ever wore sweatpants. FWIW)
    Solidarity over here too.
    Under pandemic conditions, we have limited access to workplace amenities like the common refrigerator and our microwaves, which hamstrings my ability to bring my usual assortments of home-cooked leftovers. So I've been eating, let's just say, more Beanee Weenees than the per-capita average.

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    OK. I tried to describe myself as "the tyranny of evil men" a couple of days ago. But after some soul searching while reading your post, I'm more like the pate in this situation and you are the stand-in for every girl I ever dated.
    Tried to spork but was told I have to spread it around first. Funny, I don't remember sporking you before. Yes, opening myself to ALL kinds of comments.

Quote Originally Posted by aimo View Post
    Tried to spork but was told I have to spread it around first. Funny, I don't remember sporking you before. Yes, opening myself to ALL kinds of comments.
    The word "every" is doing a ton of work in my reply. "Paucity" is probably more apt.

No stones tossed here. When I was a kid, one of my favorite lunches was to get a can of Hormel corned beef hash, warm it in a skillet, and eat the whole can with a sea of ketchup on top.

It was more a warning to those who are comfortable in their beliefs and faiths. He loosely defines myths as "other people's religions," and religions as "minsunderstood myths." And it goes from there. But it is a great series on Eastern and Western religions, common sources of similar motifs, and the purposes, origins, and powers of those forces. It's not for everyone.

(I don't think he approved of scrapple or canned corned beef hash though, and I doubt he ever wore sweatpants. FWIW)
    I'll confess that probably once a year my wife and I fry up a can or two of corned beef hash...if you let it cook enough, you get that nice crispy crust of goodness. I am not above something like this, as I am a man of the people.

My son has started transitioning to hard food here the last few months. We had a very long conversation on the lifetime of cheesy wonders ahead of him the first time we gave him a bit of cheese.

What a thing. Introducing someone to cheese for the first time.

My son has started transitioning to hard food here the last few months. We had a very long conversation on the lifetime of cheesy wonders ahead of him the first time we gave him a bit of cheese.

That's beautiful man. He's made a lifelong friend in cheese.

Wonderful story! And make sure he knows what took me some time to learn: hard cheese isn't really hard at all, in fact it's easy!

Parmesan and cheddar today...

DinK, your chicken marinate was a huge hit! Can’t wait to try it on grilled shrimp, I bet it would be fantastic for that too.

DinK, your chicken marinate was a huge hit! Can’t wait to try it on grilled shrimp, I bet it would be fantastic for that too.
    Did you grill or bake?

Let me know when I should show up to try the shrimp.

You like cheese?.???....I’ll cut you some ;<)

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    Did you grill or bake?

Let me know when I should show up to try the shrimp.
    Baked. Will try grilling that though when weather and daylight permits!

How closely google tracks your internet traffic. This came up as a recommended site/article in my Chrome browser. This is the only thread that anything re: Scotland has ever been mentioned.

KNEAD TO KNOW Takeaway pizza driver in hysterics by customer’s warning on delivery instructions

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/fab...tructions/amp/

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    How closely google tracks your internet traffic. This came up as a recommended site/article in my Chrome browser. This is the only thread that anything re: Scotland has ever been mentioned.

KNEAD TO KNOW Takeaway pizza driver in hysterics by customer’s warning on delivery instructions

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/fab...tructions/amp/
    Yeah. I look up restaurants in every city I visit for work and get "local" news for all of them for weeks afterwards. More is going on in Chattanooga than you guys think.

Yeah. I look up restaurants in every city I visit for work and get "local" news for all of them for weeks afterwards. More is going on in Chattanooga than you guys think.
    There are few things that honk me off. Assuming what I think about Chattanooga is one of them.

There are few things that honk me off. Assuming what I think about Chattanooga is one of them.
    Hidden gem. Beautiful city with great restaurants. It is high on my small cities of the South power rankings. And you can visit the Choo-choo. I have not, but you can.

Hidden gem. Beautiful city with great restaurants. It is high on my small cities of the South power rankings. And you can visit the Choo-choo. I have not, but you can.
    That reminds me it’s almost Valentine’s Day and I need to get my wife her annual Ralph Wiggum”s “I choo choo choose you” card.

Of course, when I give it to her I always whisper “for now” in her ear...

That reminds me it’s almost Valentine’s Day and I need to get my wife her annual Ralph Wiggum”s “I choo choo choose you” card.

Of course, when I give it to her I always whisper “for now” in her ear...
    You're like the Danny Ainge of your family. No one should feel safe. I endorse this.

Baked. Will try grilling that though when weather and daylight permits!
    ooh, should I be opening up a "Grilling in the Cold and Dark" consulting business? Reasonable rates, easy financing...