Page 1194 of 3370 FirstFirst ... 1946941094114411841192119311941195119612041244129416942194 ... LastLast
Results 23,861 to 23,880 of 67393
    I have discovered that Crown Royal mixes pretty good with Cheerwine, if you drink it fairly fast. Good night everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by TruBlu View Post
    I have discovered that Crown Royal mixes pretty good with Cheerwine, if you drink it fairly fast. Good night everyone.
    Sounds like a waste of both drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Indoor66 View Post
    Sounds like a waste of both drinks.
    Necessity is the mother of invention . . .

Necessity is the mother of invention . . .

Not My Mother

Maybe Frank Zappa.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    How fast were you driving?

Also, what were they driving and what do you drive? And what was the middle vehicle?

Also, what were they driving and what do you drive? And what was the middle vehicle?
    Speed limit is 70 on most of the Turnpike. I generally throw it in cruise control about 75 or so, in keeping with the "10% Speed Limit Cushion" theory that everyone should be taught in Drivers Ed. "The Emasculator" is an '08 Sienna minivan with 180K. I don't remember the exact make and model we were following, some sort of mid-size SUV up front, with a regular 4-door in between. I would say it was just normal spacing between cars; I wasn't driving like my brother.
    "Quality is not an option!"

Three Days of the Condor. Yea or nay?
    Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    First two days are good, the third day is free.

(Sorry, saw it when I was in Hs and don’t remember much of it)
    Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Let me know, I have little recollection.
    Quote Originally Posted by tteettimes View Post
    I thought it was a very good movie...always liked Faye Dunaway 😍😍
    Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    Yea!

Alas, of late Faye Dunaway has made news and not in a good way. https://www.huffpost.com/entry/faye-...b0419fd338c080
    Finally watched it today. It could have used another half hour of plot development. Of course, it was adapted from a novel named Six Days of the Condor.

Still hot. Jeebus, where's fall?

Quote Originally Posted by Turk View Post
    Speed limit is 70 on most of the Turnpike. I generally throw it in cruise control about 75 or so, in keeping with the "10% Speed Limit Cushion" theory that everyone should be taught in Drivers Ed. "The Emasculator" is an '08 Sienna minivan with 180K. I don't remember the exact make and model we were following, some sort of mid-size SUV up front, with a regular 4-door in between. I would say it was just normal spacing between cars; I wasn't driving like my brother.
    The reason I asked all that was to suggest that it likely had more to do with aerodynamics, speeds, and spacing than with a super powerful pump.

The reason I asked all that was to suggest that it likely had more to do with aerodynamics, speeds, and spacing than with a super powerful pump.
    Yes, I started thinking along the same lines. Someone who knows math and physics could probably make some guesses on the variables and figure it out... Was still mildly entertaining.
    "Quality is not an option!"

Quote Originally Posted by Turk View Post
    Yes, I started thinking along the same lines. Someone who knows math and physics could probably make some guesses on the variables and figure it out... Was still mildly entertaining.
    Assuming that the windshields were at roughly the same distance off the road, and that what hit you was spray launching over the top of the front windshield from the car ahead of you, I guess it would depend on:

1. The velocity of the water being launched
    2. The arc/trajectory of the water; and
    3. The time your vehicle had to cover the distance to intersect.

Sounds like a lot of variables.

Cool

Besides the high level math above, I enjoy checking the license plates of annoying drivers for state of registration.
    West Virginia, I'm looking at you. MD you're next.
    How about it? Which of your neighboring states are the worst drivers?!
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post
    Besides the high level math above, I enjoy checking the license plates of annoying drivers for state of registration.
    I dunno about "worst," but when you ride along a mountain road heading downhill behind a driver with Florida plates, you can almost watch their brakes burn. You can certainly smell it.

Due to some idiosyncracies of road design and a reasonably large number of non-native drivers, San Antonio has plentiful examples of poor driving.

Allstate begs to differ:

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-rele...300873716.html
    Last edited by YmoBeThere; 09-30-2019 at 08:54 PM.

Due to some idiosyncracies of road design and a reasonably large of non-native drivers, San Antonio has plentiful examples of poor driving.
    Y'all dealing with Floridians too? Thoughts and prayers from Asheville.

Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post
    Here in MD, it's the VA drivers that are annoying. I figure it's commuters trying to get home (either direction), thinking, "to hell with the locals"...

-jk

Quote Originally Posted by mattman91 View Post
    Y'all dealing with Floridians too? Thoughts and prayers from Asheville.
    I used to travel to Latin America often. Love the people, love visiting. But they often have loosely enforced traffic laws. There are two general approaches when they are here, drive like you are at home and drive very passively so as to fly under the radar. It would be great if they drive somewhere in between those two extremes.

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Happy Birthday, mattman!!

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    I could have posted that over yonder but birthday posts should not be padding that other thread.

Hope you had (are having) a great day!