Page 283 of 3370 FirstFirst ... 1832332732812822832842852933333837831283 ... LastLast
Results 5,641 to 5,660 of 67384
    Cool - facebook just showed me an ad for these:

http://www.simpleshoes.com/search.aspx?searchfor=duke

I may have to get some for BBall season.

Quote Originally Posted by DevilAlumna View Post
    Cool - facebook just showed me an ad for these:

http://www.simpleshoes.com/search.aspx?searchfor=duke

I may have to get some for BBall season.
    Those are very cool. I received a pair of Duke Crocs for Christmas. Shoes are fun! (See my prior shoe confession. )

Wow, post 5400 and counting... Are y'all trying to get to 6000 before the weekend?

I have never tried on or owned a pair of crocs - are they something a grown man should consider wearing? I might consider it if they had a Duke logo on them...

P.S. Whoo hoo, Grant Hill!!

P.P.S. With the election finally here, it's time to start dialing up a new avatar... hmmm...
    Last edited by Turk; 11-04-2008 at 05:43 PM. Reason: Grant Hill!!

Quote Originally Posted by Turk View Post
    Wow, post 5400 and counting... Are y'all trying to get to 6000 before the weekend?

I have never tried on or owned a pair of crocs - are they something a grown man should consider wearing? I might consider it if they had a Duke logo on them...

P.P.S. With the election finally here, it's time to start dialing up a new avatar... hmmm...
    Congrats on the Grant Hill status.

I think a grown man should consider wearing anything if it has Duke on it! I especially like the crocs when working in the garden/washing the car etc. as water doesn't ruin them.

eta - I have now achieved Shane Battier status. Since he is a future president of the country, I think it is fitting that I reach this milestone on election day.

2535 - can you memorialize this in the Whatever thread for me?
    Last edited by DukieInKansas; 11-04-2008 at 05:49 PM. Reason: Shane Battier status

Quote Originally Posted by Turk View Post

I wear them around the house and locally with the strap flipped forward. They're very comfortable.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    Congrats on the Grant Hill status.

I think a grown man should consider wearing anything if it has Duke on it! I especially like the crocs when working in the garden/washing the car etc. as water doesn't ruin them.

eta - I have now achieved Shane Battier status. Since he is a future president of the country, I think it is fitting that I reach this milestone on election day.

2535 - can you memorialize this in the Whatever thread for me?
    Post away deary. I've got the screengrab and shall immortalize you and Sir Turk shortly.

Quote Originally Posted by 2535Miles View Post
    Post away deary. I've got the screengrab and shall immortalize you and Sir Turk shortly.
    Thank you so much. You are a fantastic person.

And I'm back to being a starter.

Looks like this one finally overtook me. Congrats to the whole LTE crowd.

It took a village...

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    It took a village...
    Isn't that Hillary's line?

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Fish80 View Post
    Isn't that Hillary's line?
    If you repeat it three times, it becomes your line.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    It took a village...
    Who took a village? And, where did they take it?

In no particular order - Holiday Inn, White Christmas, A Charlie Brown Christmas, Miracle on 34th Street (the original). Christmas isn't complete without seeing these. Also, I have to watch the Pope on TV after returning from the late Christmas Eve service at my church.

I may get disqualified by not putting It's A Wonderful Life on the list. I like it but it isn't a favorite. Also, I have never seen How the Grinch Stole Christmas - either version. Please don't hold this against me, Wilson.
    I'm a bit late weighing in on this, and I sort of regret to inform you, but not having seen the Grinch (the animated one, the original...the Jim Carrey version is an abomination and basically doesn't exist in my world) is a serious strike against your candidacy. I will, however, name you Assistant to the Head Elf if you promise to see it this season.

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    I'm a bit late weighing in on this, and I sort of regret to inform you, but not having seen the Grinch (the animated one, the original...the Jim Carrey version is an abomination and basically doesn't exist in my world) is a serious strike against your candidacy. I will, however, name you Assistant to the Head Elf if you promise to see it this season.
    Can I do penance in another format? It has become a point of honor that I haven't seen it - just to bug a friend of mine. I can sing the song.

Who took a village? And, where did they take it?
    Cousin It took the village.

I think it was an invasion followed by body snatching. Breaking reports speculate that the buildings and infrastructure remain largely intact.

Can I do penance in another format? It has become a point of honor that I haven't seen it - just to bug a friend of mine. I can sing the song.
    Purchase a copy of the Grinch, watch it immediately. Then taunt Wilson for not having seen Fight Club yet. Or has he?

Purchase a copy of the Grinch, watch it immediately. Then taunt Wilson for not having seen Fight Club yet. Or has he?
    I can't taunt him for not having seen Fight Club for two reasons:
    1. You don't talk about Fight Club
    2. I haven't seen Fight Club.

I can't taunt him for not having seen Fight Club for two reasons:
    1. You don't talk about Fight Club
    2. I haven't seen Fight Club.
    Looks like you need to rent TWO movies. Get busy sister!

Thank you for posting the screengrab for us.

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Whenever I'm asked about my favorite Christmas movie, I always say Casablanca.

Not a Christmas movie you say? It is in my house.

But, if you hold me to a holiday theme, I have to go with A Charlie Brown Christmas. Still not a movie but I never miss it. And I can do a decent impression of all the dancers, even Violet's 'Safety Dance'. Watch it. You'll know where Men Without Hats got their inspiration. (Violet can't dance.)