Page 1823 of 3383 FirstFirst ... 82313231723177318131821182218231824182518331873192323232823 ... LastLast
Results 36,441 to 36,460 of 67660
    Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    I haven't even looked at "the bracket".

I've also let the two people who run NCAA pools that I was still entering as of 2019 (I used to enter 5 or 6 but cut back a few years ago) that I'm out this year. I'll probably be back next year but I have no desire to even fill out a bracket. I doubt I will watch any of the games, may some of the the Final Four, maybe. Actually, no, scratch that, I will watch at least a part of a couple of games while running on the treadmill at the Y.

By the way, I have another whiskey to try.

The hubby is back in Maryland for a couple of weeks.

He told me not to drink all his liquor while he was gone. Then he pointed out a new bottle of something. I forget what it is.

It's a whiskey, but not a scotch. It's called Bully Boy. It's a clear liquid! I'm very curious.

My perusal of the liquor cabinet (it's not a cabinet, we keep it out in the open) allowed the discovery of a bottle of The Kraken which is a black spiced rum. I haven't tried that yet either. I don't think I like rum but I don't know if I dislike it more or less than scotch, or rye.

Laphroaig - the taste of revenge. I've started using that line out in the world. We'll see if it catches on.

Did I ever tell the LTE how I tried to win a Darwin Award? One of Arrow's chemo courses was a drug that came in pill form. He took one pill a night for 5 straight nights every month for a year. He was in kindergarten/1st grade. To teach him how to swallow pills, we practiced with M&Ms. If he swallowed an M&M whole, he got to have 5 to eat. I started keeping the M&Ms in the same cabinet with the chemo. That never stopped. To be fair, the next youngest was 10 when I started doing this and nobody ever mixed up the drugs with candy, but, yeah, I still keep candy and medicine in the same place.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    Did I ever tell the LTE how I tried to win a Darwin Award? One of Arrow's chemo courses was a drug that came in pill form. He took one pill a night for 5 straight nights every month for a year. He was in kindergarten/1st grade. To teach him how to swallow pills, we practiced with M&Ms. If he swallowed an M&M whole, he got to have 5 to eat. I started keeping the M&Ms in the same cabinet with the chemo. That never stopped. To be fair, the next youngest was 10 when I started doing this and nobody ever mixed up the drugs with candy, but, yeah, I still keep candy and medicine in the same place.
    Look, it's not your fault that you recognized your children were advanced enough not to mix them up.

Who turned off the heat?

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Who turned off the heat?
    Chilly in the flyiver states?

New job day 6. Let the barrage of Teams intros continue. Most folks been pretty cool so far. Have already identified two people that are going to irk me. There are always a few but I’m also prone to irk-ability.

Company did something I’ve never seen though. Pay in advance. Already got my first paycheck and it covered all of March. Unusual, in my experience.

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    Chilly in the flyiver states?
    This one at least...

This Daylight Savings stuff has got to go.

Daylight saving time is literally perfect. We should keep it all year round. I irk others and I'm not prone to being irked.

We should keep it all year round.
    If there isn't a change in times, there is no "savings".

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    I irk others and I'm not prone to being irked.
    Do you miss MySpace or not into the nostalgia?

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    New job day 6. Let the barrage of Teams intros continue. Most folks been pretty cool so far. Have already identified two people that are going to irk me. There are always a few but I’m also prone to irk-ability.
    Irk-ability. I think I will use that one

"Sorry, folks. It's just who I am. I was diagnosed with a severe case of irk-ability."

Another year with another strange segue into Duke basketball off-season.