Page 862 of 3371 FirstFirst ... 36276281285286086186286386487291296213621862 ... LastLast
Results 17,221 to 17,240 of 67405
    Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    That coriander is really tasty in a saison or a Belgian white ale...

Dang, wrong thread again .
    Entirely appropriate here also. All these spices make the LTE the exciting pot luck that it is.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    That coriander is really tasty in a saison or a Belgian white ale...

Dang, wrong thread again .
    And you wonder why the beer thread is about to be overtaken by the presidential thread.

ricks

Quote Originally Posted by ricks68 View Post
    And you wonder why the beer thread is about to be overtaken by the presidential thread.

ricks
    Those are, I believe, the two longest threads behind the LTE. Oddly, the longest thread on the EK board is only 3,585 posts (2014 recruiting).

With no sign of a leak, my 4 year old a/c had managed to lose 4.5lbs of freon. Not sure what is going on there but will keep a closer eye on things.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    With no sign of a leak, my 4 year old a/c had managed to lose 4.5lbs of freon. Not sure what is going on there but will keep a closer eye on things.
    What's the sign of a leak other than losing freon?

-jk

Quote Originally Posted by -jk View Post
    What's the sign of a leak other than losing freon?

-jk
    They have a sensor that will locate a leak. Didn't find one between the outside condenser and the house and no sign of a leak in the coils inside. He said they may come out in a month to check the Freon level again to see if anymore has leaked. Then they might lock the Freon and use nitrogen to look for leaks that the sensor didn't catch. Could be interesting.

(My suspicious mind says the idiot 2 doors down that stole things from the neighbor's attic and sold them on Ebay stole my Freon. Glad he moved.)

(My suspicious mind says the idiot 2 doors down that stole things from the neighbor's attic and sold them on Ebay stole my Freon. Glad he moved.)
    This kinda begs for futher explanation.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    This kinda begs for futher explanation.
    I live in a townhome where two units share a driveway. Each has a garage but the wall between them does not extend into the attic space above the garages. Idiot neighbor, aka the thief, went through the boxes stored above the other neighbor's side of the attic and sold her kid's toys and games from the 80s. He said he thought the space above the two garages was all his. Mind you, the boxes were labelled with her name and address. Not sure who in their right mind would ever think that the shared space belonged to just one unit when both sides have an opening to the space.

...Idiot neighbor, aka the thief, went through the boxes stored above the other neighbor's side of the attic and sold her kid's toys and games from the 80s. He said he thought the space above the two garages was all his. Mind you, the boxes were labelled with her name and address...
    Ooooo, that really peeves me off! We could have taken him down DinK!
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post
    Ooooo, that really peeves me off! We could have taken him down DinK!
    Believe me, I wanted to but there wasn't much the cops could do. He gave her some money but not enough to cover the loss and the anger.

Believe me, I wanted to but there wasn't much the cops could do. He gave her some money but not enough to cover the loss and the anger.
    Not to mention the violation of her privacy.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    I had to stop watering my tomatoes to convince the birds to go away. I've resumed watering.
    These are the answer. They really work. The 5-star reviews are justified and bona fide!

The Owls work for a while but they soon lose their effectiveness. The Hawks just keep on keepin' on!

Ahttp://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/product/groundwork-hawk-decoy?cm_vc=-10005nd, they're half the price of the Owls.

Eehhh...link didn't work, but you get my sentiment on the matter. I had'em in a fancy with their own reflections, made in the car windows. They were perching on top of the doors to attack the other bird they were seeing, while generously leaving deposits of wanker all down the doors. The hawk makes'em stay in the trees.

Went to the dentist today where the dismissive chatter was about research indicating that flossing was not all that effective.

What utterly ridiculous baloney.
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Went to the dentist today where the dismissive chatter was about research indicating that flossing was not all that effective.

What utterly ridiculous baloney.
    Is (s)he the fifth dentist who recommended sugar-full gum?

Meanwhile, note that making grilled cheese sandwiches in my home state can be an acrimonious affair:

http://thesmokinggun.com/buster/athe...se-rage-546398
    Last edited by OldPhiKap; 08-02-2016 at 04:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Is (s)he the fifth dentist who recommended sugar-full gum?

http://thesmokinggun.com/buster/athe...se-rage-546398
    No, my dentist was the one scoffing. Scoffing is a great word.
    As to the grilled cheese sandwich abuser, straight to jail. With no dental floss either.

No, my dentist was the one scoffing. Scoffing is a great word.
    As to the grilled cheese sandwich abuser, straight to jail. With no dental floss either.
    Almost as good a word as "scofflaw."

I love words.

I live in a townhome where two units share a driveway. Each has a garage but the wall between them does not extend into the attic space above the garages. Idiot neighbor, aka the thief, went through the boxes stored above the other neighbor's side of the attic and sold her kid's toys and games from the 80s. He said he thought the space above the two garages was all his. Mind you, the boxes were labelled with her name and address. Not sure who in their right mind would ever think that the shared space belonged to just one unit when both sides have an opening to the space.
    What kind of idiot builder would NOT separate the attics? Not to excuse the idiot neighbor's actions, he's a lowlife, but why tempt people? I would have certainly thought twice before storing anything up there, but I no longer trust anyone anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by aimo View Post
    What kind of idiot builder would NOT separate the attics? Not to excuse the idiot neighbor's actions, he's a lowlife, but why tempt people? I would have certainly thought twice before storing anything up there, but I no longer trust anyone anyway.
    I have no clue why there isn't a wall. Might have been a cost issue. Not sure if it a would need to be a firewall or not since it is above a garage.

I would never trust my husband not to pile tons of his crap right up to and over that partial wall. Just imagining it makes me annoyed with him.
    It's staggering how much mess and junk he accumulates. We've been arguing over a 20 year old defunct leaf vacuum that someone gave him (!!!) which he maintains he is going to fix and solve all our raking issues. And we've had it for an additional ten years in the barn!
    I swear...

I would never trust my husband not to pile tons of his crap right up to and over that partial wall. Just imagining it makes me annoyed with him.
    It's staggering how much mess and junk he accumulates. We've been arguing over a 20 year old defunct leaf vacuum that someone gave him (!!!) which he maintains he is going to fix and solve all our raking issues. And we've had it for an additional ten years in the barn!
    I swear...
    Will you please come visit me in Kansas? I need someone to stand over me with a whip so I get rid of crap. I'm a packrat that wants to change her ways. I have wine - lots and lots of wine. (So being a packrat isn't all bad. )