Page 1818 of 2123 FirstFirst ... 818131817181768180818161817181818191820182818681918 ... LastLast
Results 36,341 to 36,360 of 42448

Thread: Ymm, Beer

Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    I know I will be. Because I have had it before.
    Oooh, me three (or four)!!
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Everyone needs a Paycheck.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Everyone needs a Paycheck.
    Going Fullsteam ahead, of course.

Different type of sours, slightly different serving temperature:

"Since American sours tend to be high in acidity, a lower temperature might do well to minimize that lactic or acetic burn. For lambics and other fruited sours — cassis, framboise, kriek, peche —flavors can be sweet or dry, lightly or intensely acidic, pungent or subtle. In general, you’re safe in that 45- to 50-degree range."

I Sit Among An Infestation of Useless Violence - Burial collab with Other Half - DIPA - 8%

"Brewed with Barley, Oats and Incognito. Double dry-hopped with Mosaic, El Dorado, Galaxy, Citra and Sabro Cryo."

As devildeac said - Burial is always good. Always. This tastes like a Burial. Loved it.

Uber hazy straw yellow pineapple juice pour. Strong tropical nose - pineapple, grapefruit, and passion fruit. Full juicy body. Nicely balanced with lingering bitter and hoppy finish.

Low Category 3 - another masterpiece.

Thanks devildeac!

I loved the whole 4-pack. If I had to rank them - #1 - Postmodern Depictions of Natural Phenomena #2 - I Sit Among An Infestation of Useless Violence #3 - Rationality Shall Run It's Course and #4 - Liturgy of the Forever Silenced.

Quadruple thanks!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by richardjackson199 View Post
    I Sit Among An Infestation of Useless Violence - Burial collab with Other Half - DIPA - 8%

"Brewed with Barley, Oats and Incognito. Double dry-hopped with Mosaic, El Dorado, Galaxy, Citra and Sabro Cryo."

As devildeac said - Burial is always good. Always. This tastes like a Burial. Loved it.

Uber hazy straw yellow pineapple juice pour. Strong tropical nose - pineapple, grapefruit, and passion fruit. Full juicy body. Nicely balanced with lingering bitter and hoppy finish.

Low Category 3 - another masterpiece.

Thanks devildeac!

I loved the whole 4-pack. If I had to rank them - #1 - Postmodern Depictions of Natural Phenomena #2 - I Sit Among An Infestation of Useless Violence #3 - Rationality Shall Run It's Course and #4 - Liturgy of the Forever Silenced.

Quadruple thanks!!!!
    You're most welcome again!! Is your ranking by quality or by name?

More sour temperature suggestions:

"Where gose is concerned, I personally prefer right above refrigerator temperature, in the low 40s, where aromas and flavors come out to play while the salty, tart notes stay thirst-quenching and refreshing. For me, acidity intensifies as the temperature starts to rise."

Paycheck-Fullsteam Brewery

Yep, local.

Credit-someone left it in the second fridge
    Style-pilsner
    Format-12 ounce can
    Glass-boring pint glass
    Appearance-clean/clear light straw; modest foam
    Nose-Euro hops/grains
    Mouthfeel-delicate
    Tastes-flowers, hint of honey/light caramel, corn
    IBU-35
    ABV-4.5%
    Overall impression-boring but true style and a solid brew
    Ymm, Beer rating-upper tier cat 2; could/should be a "go-to" local, inexpensive pilsner/lager

Tomorrow: dubbel, tripel and quadruple your temperature pleasures.

Significant in 2019 became Magnificent in 2020:

https://www.porchdrinking.com/articl...nt-bba-series/

Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    I ended up with one from dd, and have it in the queue for drinking soon.
    Great! Hope you like it. It is Ardent’s flagship beer, but only available from the brewery (but they offer free delivery to my zip code!) so more is available.

From last evening -
    Wise Man Brewing -
    Circumstances of Collision w/ Blackberry And Apricot
    IPA - Sour
    6% ABV
    65 IBU
    A formidably flavorful collision of tart and hoppy, this sour IPA was energized with blackberry and apricot. The tart and citric characteristics are countered by tropical and stone fruit accents from Mosaic and El Dorado hops and are smoothed out with lactose. "Belief systems thrive in circumstances of collision. They are energized by their opposites." - James P. Carse

Local to someone down there in NC!

Received from dd as a trader.

This poured a bit chunky. Not sure if it was supposed to be. Bits and pieces of floating something???

Tasted great. As they said, a nice collision of the tart and fruit with a still solid presence of the hops. Paired nicely with a Korean Veggie Bowl from Zaam!

I would drink this again. Solid Upper Cat 2.

Thanks dd! Keep 'em heading my way!
    "That young man has an extra step on his ladder the rest of us just don't have."

Quote Originally Posted by richardjackson199 View Post
    I just had Post Modern Depictions of Natural Phenomena - Burial DIPA - 8.5 %

DDH with Mosaic and Mosaic Cryo, and hefty doses of hand selected Strata, Idaho Gem, and Motueka

High Category 3. Thanks Devildeac!

I disagree with Untappd again who says 4.4 I'd say at least 4.5. It's that good.

Very hoppy and smooth. fuse will love this one! It's a consummate, perfect Burial product. Pineapple and tropical juicy up front. Smooth, juicy, creamy, oaty, flavorful for days.

Loved it - thanks!

In a word, Phenomenal
    Enjoyed it last night, excellent dipa. Two for two on Burial traders. Loved the pineapple up front.
    Thanks DD.

“These tiny vessels of life and death. Upon us, within us, and around us. The unknown bastion of great calamity and ecstasy.” Great can read...

Quote Originally Posted by Nrrrrvous View Post
    From last evening -
    Wise Man Brewing -
    Circumstances of Collision w/ Blackberry And Apricot
    IPA - Sour
    6% ABV
    65 IBU
    A formidably flavorful collision of tart and hoppy, this sour IPA was energized with blackberry and apricot. The tart and citric characteristics are countered by tropical and stone fruit accents from Mosaic and El Dorado hops and are smoothed out with lactose. "Belief systems thrive in circumstances of collision. They are energized by their opposites." - James P. Carse

Local to someone down there in NC!

Received from dd as a trader.

This poured a bit chunky. Not sure if it was supposed to be. Bits and pieces of floating something???

Tasted great. As they said, a nice collision of the tart and fruit with a still solid presence of the hops. Paired nicely with a Korean Veggie Bowl from Zaam!

I would drink this again. Solid Upper Cat 2.

Thanks dd! Keep 'em heading my way!
    You're most welcome! Glad you liked it.

We'll have to start including "chunk factors" in our reviews. IIRC, this one was mildly chunky. Be prepared for that Peach Coconut Milkshake IPA from Shortfuse Brewing. Chunk factor will be high on that one, but not unpleasant at all.

Quote Originally Posted by accfanfrom1970 View Post
    Enjoyed it last night, excellent dipa. Two for two on Burial traders. Loved the pineapple up front.
    Thanks DD.

“These tiny vessels of life and death. Upon us, within us, and around us. The unknown bastion of great calamity and ecstasy.” Great can read...
    You're most welcome! I think a number of Burial Beers never get to local craft shops and are only available at their Raleigh downtown location at curbside.

Friday is dry/dark this week, but keep those reviews a-coming. Always hoping I don't deliver/trade a stinker.

Lo-Rez brewery, local if you live in Chicago.

Far North Declaration - barrel select imperial stout. “Aged for 12 months in Far North Spirits rye whiskey barrels then carefully selected and blended to highlight notes of dark chocolate, black cherry, and vanilla.”

10% abv, 54 ibu’s.

Really nice stout, high cat 2. Nice 12 oz. pour. Not overly barrel heavy - a touch of spice from the rye. Lots of chocolate. Smooth, lighter than other stouts from say Hardywood or Floyd’s. Nice dessert last night.

Thanks DD.

Quote Originally Posted by accfanfrom1970 View Post
    Lo-Rez brewery, local if you live in Chicago.

Far North Declaration - barrel select imperial stout. “Aged for 12 months in Far North Spirits rye whiskey barrels then carefully selected and blended to highlight notes of dark chocolate, black cherry, and vanilla.”

10% abv, 54 ibu’s.

Really nice stout, high cat 2. Nice 12 oz. pour. Not overly barrel heavy - a touch of spice from the rye. Lots of chocolate. Smooth, lighter than other stouts from say Hardywood or Floyd’s. Nice dessert last night.

Thanks DD.
    You're most welcome! I'd forgotten about that one but now remember getting two and putting the second one aside especially for you. Glad you liked it.

Last night was not dry, nor was it sloppy.

Magnificent with berry and vanilla lived up to its name last PM.