Page 1615 of 3371 FirstFirst ... 61511151515156516051613161416151616161716251665171521152615 ... LastLast
Results 32,281 to 32,300 of 67405
    Corned beef and cabbage, hold the cabbage. Is that allowed?

Cleaning the garage and winterizing the outside bathroom.

lawnmower gas goes into the car for the winter...new (ethanol free, in your face, Iowa) generator gas shall now be procured, the cycle of (home) life.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Cleaning the garage and winterizing the outside bathroom.
    Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    lawnmower gas goes into the car for the winter...new (ethanol free, in your face, Iowa) generator gas shall now be procured, the cycle of (home) life.
    A good strategy in life is to marry someone who really enjoys DIY household chores, cleaning and projects. The problem for my wife and I is that neither of us did.

A good strategy in life is to marry someone who really enjoys DIY household chores, cleaning and projects. The problem for my wife and I is that neither of us did.
    I'm not sure I'd use the word "enjoy." I can be impressively lazy, but having lived in the same house for 30+ years, I know what needs to be done, and I do them, especially those things that need to be accomplished before snow sets in.
    I am one part work, two parts congratulating myself on what I've done.

Tricking and treating, or nah?

We’re socially distancing handing out candy (via bowl).

Tricking and treating, or nah?

We’re socially distancing handing out candy (via bowl).
    Nah, I didn't even buy candy this year.

We’re delivering candy via a tube. Sorta like mainlining.

-jk

Quote Originally Posted by -jk View Post
    We’re delivering candy via a tube. Sorta like mainlining.

-jk
    This kind of tube?

the-tate-gallery-national-galleries-and-museums-london-underground-retro-travel-poster-studio-gr.jpg

How big of a generator?

Despite an explanation the before, the baby ignored daylight savings time.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    How big of a generator?
    5600 watts. Our area is prone to big wind and snow storms, we've lost power for five full days on several occasions...did not have the money 15 years ago to get the automatic, whole house generator (would've been $9k or so including buying a propane tank) so we had the house properly wired by an electrician and bought a Sears generator, all for just over $2k...doesn't do the whole house, but it does get the furnace working, fridge, lots of lights, more than enough to get by for days...easily rolls out of our walkout basement...

yesterday was the third anniversary (Halloween, 2017) of The Big Wind Storm when we lost about 150 trees, several on the house, 35 or so across the driveway (all 70 foot white pines), president of the power company had a photo op at the end of our driveway...not a fun day...

As such I always make sure I have a five gallon can of non ethanol gasoline, just in case...

Despite an explanation the before, the baby ignored daylight savings time.
    Get used to being ignored!

-jk

I was out driving in Hill Country this morning:

294CC982-09E2-4A4E-8DC6-5DCE4F076ABC.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    I was out driving in Hill Country this morning:

294CC982-09E2-4A4E-8DC6-5DCE4F076ABC.jpg
    Still on Ocracoke. Morning kayak, winds got strong. Long dog walk. Long bike ride, started to rain.

Time to make chili and watch football.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    ...watch football.
    They play football on Sunday?

dog does not recognize Standard Time vis a vis dinner time.

YouTube didn't listen, either. Online service premiered an hour earlier than we wanted.

It sounds like we are all being ignored.

5600 watts. Our area is prone to big wind and snow storms, we've lost power for five full days on several occasions...did not have the money 15 years ago to get the automatic, whole house generator (would've been $9k or so including buying a propane tank) so we had the house properly wired by an electrician and bought a Sears generator, all for just over $2k...doesn't do the whole house, but it does get the furnace working, fridge, lots of lights, more than enough to get by for days...easily rolls out of our walkout basement...

yesterday was the third anniversary (Halloween, 2017) of The Big Wind Storm when we lost about 150 trees, several on the house, 35 or so across the driveway (all 70 foot white pines), president of the power company had a photo op at the end of our driveway...not a fun day...

As such I always make sure I have a five gallon can of non ethanol gasoline, just in case...
    Some of the quotes I've seen for whole house generators have been sizable. As far as Texas utilities go, our uptime has been pretty good and big storms while always possible haven't had much of an impact power wise. Part of that is being in a relatively new part of town where much of the grid is underground.