Page 2896 of 3383 FirstFirst ... 1896239627962846288628942895289628972898290629462996 ... LastLast
Results 57,901 to 57,920 of 67658
    Quote Originally Posted by aimo View Post
    The two seats on front of us are often empty and when occupied, are rarely occupied by the same people twice in a season. Been this way for many years. No clue who owns them.
    Last night, a father and daughter were in the two seats to the left of these (also our former other two seats before we dialed back a long time ago). They seemed happy sitting there until a 350+lb guy comes in on the left and takes over half her space. I had my coat in the seat in front of me, but removed it so the father could move over and she could be set free.

Late in the first half, an usher coming from the next section over asks about the other empty seat b/c there are two guys looking for their seats. Father and daughter have to shift back over and the two guys crawl over from the wrong entrance to get to the seats. The one on the left complaining as if it was everyone else's fault that they couldn't find their seats.

They looked like they were left over from the Hell's Angels that used to run in Durham back in the 70s. They sat down and leaned so far forward that the two elderly ladies to the right of them could not possibly see down court. This is an issue since we sit towards the corner, but usually everyone is courteous and aware of when they are blocking someone else's view. Not these guys, and the one on the left rested his hand on his knee so that his scaly, scabby elbow was literally in the face of the father to the left.

At halftime, they got up and a full three inches of left guy's butt crack was right in front of us. We were grossing out, but I really felt sorry for the elderly ladies b/c they got even more up close and personal with it when he passed on front of them (again, going the long way out through the wrong concourse exit). I am betting the one lady was wishing she had kept her mask on! The father/daughter team left before halftime, BTW, and never returned. I really hope they just sat somewhere else as there were quite a few empty seats last night.

Later, when Duke started coming back and the Duke students were chanting STAND UP! STAND UP! we were yelling, NO, NO, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD NOOO!!!!!! b/c every time he stood, we got mooned. Plus he was digging in his ear then eating his hamburger with the same hand, and I was fully expecting to see something crawl out of his hair.

Oh, and there was a game, too! Go Duke! I guess I got my $114 worth last night.
    My buddy and I had a great time. It was a pretty good burger.

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    My buddy and I had a great time. It was a pretty good burger.
    Ha! No, he had WAY too much hair to be you. And while I do have a pretty scary idea of what you look like, I would never mistake you for a 70s Hell's Angel.

Ha! No, he had WAY too much hair to be you. And while I do have a pretty scary idea of what you look like, I would never mistake you for a 70s Hell's Angel.
    True. They listen to classic rock.

I think I am a Heck's Angel.

Stanford has a truly gorgeous campus. Really excited for my lecture.

He’s more of Heck’s Cherub methinks.

At halftime, they got up and a full three inches of left guy's butt crack was right in front of us.
    So, all the Hell's Angels became plumbers?

Of all the things to not grow back, why gums?

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    when I got older I finally understood the expression "long in the tooth."

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    when I got older I finally understood the expression "long in the tooth."
    I watched my scores get worse over the years, so I found a solution. Skip visits...

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Flaw in the code?

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    I watched my scores get worse over the years, so I found a solution. Skip visits...
    Long conversation at the (retiree) breakfast club yesterday, something we've been tracking for years: the propensity for dentists to push technically valid but absolutely unnecessary procedures...we have an inside man who used to be on the state's dental review board which fields patient complaints. Enormous problem with dentists pushing revenue producing procedures that simply are not necessary. Now I know why there were so many dentists in my MBA class...I left a previous dentist because of ludicrous pressure he put on me for unnecessary stuff (e.g. four teeth which absolutely had to have crowns put on...15+ years ago, and they're still fine)...you really have to pay attention and learn when to say no, also not do something stupid and avoid fixing a real problem...I think I have my dentists trained now...

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    Long conversation at the (retiree) breakfast club yesterday, something we've been tracking for years: the propensity for dentists to push technically valid but absolutely unnecessary procedures...we have an inside man who used to be on the state's dental review board which fields patient complaints. Enormous problem with dentists pushing revenue producing procedures that simply are not necessary. Now I know why there were so many dentists in my MBA class...I left a previous dentist because of ludicrous pressure he put on me for unnecessary stuff (e.g. four teeth which absolutely had to have crowns put on...15+ years ago, and they're still fine)...you really have to pay attention and learn when to say no, also not do something stupid and avoid fixing a real problem...I think I have my dentists trained now...
    Wow. You're a rabid anti-dentite.

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    Wow. You're a rabid anti-dentite.
    I'm an entirely unrepentant anti-dentite.
    I get hot dogs from my favorite place upon departing the dentist's office after every visit. That's the rule.

I've been scarce for a while here, but the denizens of this thread have been (both digitally and in fleshspace) fixtures in my life for like 15 years now, so seems appropriate to share and celebrate here now that I'm going to become a father in June.

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    I've been scarce for a while here, but the denizens of this thread have been (both digitally and in fleshspace) fixtures in my life for like 15 years now, so seems appropriate to share and celebrate here now that I'm going to become a father in June.
    Congrats! And welcome back!

Congratulations!

Amazing news! That's awesome!!!!

Congratulations!!! Exhausting and exciting times ahead!

Congratulations!

I took comfort when my kids were newborns that there are 7,000,000,000 on this planet, it can't be that hard to raise them to adult hood.

Now that they are both approaching their teens, I'm beginning to wonder any parent manages not to kill their kids in their pre-teen and teen years. I guess that's nature's way of making sure parents are happy when they become adults and leave the house.