Page 2884 of 3383 FirstFirst ... 1884238427842834287428822883288428852886289429342984 ... LastLast
Results 57,661 to 57,680 of 67660
    Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    The Conversation (1974) - Gene Hackman, Harrison Ford, Cindy Williams Directed by Francis Ford Coppola

Didn't recognize the future Han Solo. No "Schlemiel! Schlimazel! Hasenpfeffer Incorporated!"
    It does give context to Hackman's character in Enemy of the State.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    And do they have an extradition treaty with us?

Asking for a friend.
    Nah, Florida let’s anyone in and stay.

Don't let Holly the Dog become evidence.

Don't let Holly the Dog become evidence.
    What about Dolly the Hog?

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    What about Dolly the Hog?
    She's bacon/bakin'.

She's bacon/bakin'.
    How many degrees from Bacon though?

Jeremy Renner going to be the first celebrity death? Geez, sounds like he might lose a leg at least

Have they said what happened yet?

Just saw that they say the safety on his plow disengaged and it ran over his leg. Neighbor who was a doctor applied a tourniquet before he was airlifted. Yikes.

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    My wife is distraught because it's been such a warm winter that some of her daffodil bulbs are starting to sprout, not good.
    In my unlearned opinion, she can chillax. I had similar angst last year, after a ridiculously warm December with significant sproutage, followed by extended cold snaps in Jan and Feb. The daffodils made out just fine, we enjoyed our April show.

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    Where are y'all headed?
    New Smyrna Beach, FL for a week (shark bite capital of the U.S. FYI) and then a month on Topsail Island in the Olde North State. Copious amounts of fish will be consumed.

Quote Originally Posted by acdevil View Post
    Have they said what happened yet?

Just saw that they say the safety on his plow disengaged and it ran over his leg. Neighbor who was a doctor applied a tourniquet before he was airlifted. Yikes.
    Bout the same as what I’ve seen + he lost a lot of blood. Must have been a pretty freak accident.

New Smyrna Beach, FL for a week (shark bite capital of the U.S. FYI) and then a month on Topsail Island in the Olde North State. Copious amounts of fish will be consumed.
    Y’all have a second home or just snowbird rentals?

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    How many degrees from Bacon though?
    450°

Y’all have a second home or just snowbird rentals?
    Moochers. Close friends with a winter home there...very popular now among Yankees, but you just can't find a home to rent for the winter, they don't even hit the market. Lots of condos, but very few homes...

Favorite observation as we walk around NSB is the very high number of people who have converted their garages into Man Caves...when the door opens you might expect to see a car, but instead you see a Barcolounger, fridge, huge TV, other male amenities...a few dozen empties...

Moochers. Close friends with a winter home there...very popular now among Yankees, but you just can't find a home to rent for the winter, they don't even hit the market. Lots of condos, but very few homes...

Favorite observation as we walk around NSB is the very high number of people who have converted their garages into Man Caves...when the door opens you might expect to see a car, but instead you see a Barcolounger, fridge, huge TV, other male amenities...a few dozen empties...
    Nice.

Been a bit but we had a nice time in NSB. Visit down the space coast, saw some wintering manitees, ate at a place called Garlic. Can’t remember if it was any good but I remember wondering why half the worlds restaurants didn’t name themselves Garkic.

I think I have discovered the secret to great hotdog chili. Boil the meat. Then add a cup of water and boil and reduce, add a cup of water and boil and reduce. Repeat a few times. I have probably made the mistake of rushing this process. The chili was more like sloppy joes, than great chili. I am playing around with a slaw recipe substituting radish for carrots and honey for sugar. I like a vinegary slaw rather than a mayonnaisey slaw.

Nice.

Been a bit but we had a nice time in NSB. Visit down the space coast, saw some wintering manitees, ate at a place called Garlic. Can’t remember if it was any good but I remember wondering why half the worlds restaurants didn’t name themselves Garkic.
    Garlic is crazy popular, even beyond reason. The place is absolutely packed every day starting at Geezer Hour. JB's Fish Camp is fabulous for excellent basic seafood, and you can sit outside and watch the manatees bob around when it's warm enough for them (sissies).

The Conversation (1974) - Gene Hackman, Harrison Ford, Cindy Williams Directed by Francis Ford Coppola

Didn't recognize the future Han Solo. No "Schlemiel! Schlimazel! Hasenpfeffer Incorporated!"
    That is one of my favorites. I haven't seen it in a couple years. Might be time to have another go. That final scene is just haunting.

Garlic is crazy popular, even beyond reason. The place is absolutely packed every day starting at Geezer Hour. JB's Fish Camp is fabulous for excellent basic seafood, and you can sit outside and watch the manatees bob around when it's warm enough for them (sissies).
    Anything that can take a boat motor to the back and survive gets my respect.

Anything that can take a boat motor to the back and survive gets my respect.
    yeah, that's unfortunate. Wahoos driving their boats at high speed where warnings indicate they shouldn't.

Regarding Jeremy Renner, I wish him the best, but last night's news featured clips of him doing all sorts of crazy stuff with very large plows and other vehicles...but they really aren't meant to be toys.