Breaking Bad, Season 5 on DVD

I was very late to the party on Breaking Bad. Clearly one of the best shows I've ever seen on TV. (subject for another thread if it hasn't already been done. I know - old news though for most everyone else.) Once I started watching it a couple months ago on Netflix, I watched all of seasons one through four in almost no time.

Season 5 has not been available on Netflix, and still isn't. Season Six (I think it's actually the long-awaited remaining episodes of Season 5) is going to start pretty soon back on AMC. I need to see Season 5 before Season 6 starts. It's not on Netflix. I see that there are some sites that are selling DVD's of it. Does anyone know if this is legit -- are these ready to go and be shipped right now, or will I put my money down only for them to tell me words to the effect of "will ship when available"? That obviously won't do it for me. I'll pay for the disk if it's actually going to have the episodes previously aired of Season 5, and they're gonna be shipped right now, but not if that isn't the case, and I just don't know what I"d be getting if I plunk my money down.

Does anyone know the true status of this, or have any other suggestions on where to get the episodes and/or how to make sure I can fully catch up on this unbelievable television show before it resumes live on AMC?

Thanks!

(in the meantime, I'm now fully into Sons of Anarchy -- also great television. Getting late in season 2. Ooh, is it getting good . . .)

A quick search of reputed retailers shows that it was released on June 4th, so you should be able to order it online. I know it's not quite as convenient as ordering online, but you could also just walk into a store and buy the discs if you want to avoid the time it takes to ship them (including any potential delays). Or you could download the season on Amazaon Instant Video or iTunes.

Quote Originally Posted by tommy View Post
    I was very late to the party on Breaking Bad. Clearly one of the best shows I've ever seen on TV. (subject for another thread if it hasn't already been done. I know - old news though for most everyone else.) Once I started watching it a couple months ago on Netflix, I watched all of seasons one through four in almost no time.

Season 5 has not been available on Netflix, and still isn't. Season Six (I think it's actually the long-awaited remaining episodes of Season 5) is going to start pretty soon back on AMC. I need to see Season 5 before Season 6 starts. It's not on Netflix. I see that there are some sites that are selling DVD's of it. Does anyone know if this is legit -- are these ready to go and be shipped right now, or will I put my money down only for them to tell me words to the effect of "will ship when available"? That obviously won't do it for me. I'll pay for the disk if it's actually going to have the episodes previously aired of Season 5, and they're gonna be shipped right now, but not if that isn't the case, and I just don't know what I"d be getting if I plunk my money down.

Does anyone know the true status of this, or have any other suggestions on where to get the episodes and/or how to make sure I can fully catch up on this unbelievable television show before it resumes live on AMC?

Thanks!

(in the meantime, I'm now fully into Sons of Anarchy -- also great television. Getting late in season 2. Ooh, is it getting good . . .)
    Like El Diablo stated Amazon is a good place to get the season. I also came late to the Breaking Bad game and burned through the seasons on Netflix and then paid $15 for the standard def version of Season 5 on Amazon. Beats paying $20-$25 at a store.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Diablo View Post
    A quick search of reputed retailers shows that it was released on June 4th, so you should be able to order it online. I know it's not quite as convenient as ordering online, but you could also just walk into a store and buy the discs if you want to avoid the time it takes to ship them (including any potential delays). Or you could download the season on Amazaon Instant Video or iTunes.
    Thanks. I saw it on Amazon Instant Video too but I don't really get what that is and I'm a spaz with new technology and just assumed that I wouldn't be able to get it to play on my TV. I guess I'll just order the actual disc(s) online from Amazon or some other site, or else just go to Best Buy or Barnes and Noble or somewhere, as it sounds like from both of you guys' comments that it really is available. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by tommy View Post
    Thanks. I saw it on Amazon Instant Video too but I don't really get what that is and I'm a spaz with new technology and just assumed that I wouldn't be able to get it to play on my TV. I guess I'll just order the actual disc(s) online from Amazon or some other site, or else just go to Best Buy or Barnes and Noble or somewhere, as it sounds like from both of you guys' comments that it really is available. Thanks!
    A Roku player makes it very easy to stream Amazon content (along with a lot more, including netflix) on a TV, assuming you have wifi in your home.

I'm definitely ready for " Breaking Bad" and "Justified" I just stream them on Hulu and Netflix. Meanwhile I'm watching the first season of Sopranos on Netflix discs and streaming the first Sean of Mad Men in between. Except for acc hoops I don't need cable at all. I'm not sure what happened but TV is outstanding now and movies are terrible.

alteran is offline All-American, Honorable Mention
    Quote Originally Posted by lotusland View Post
    I'm definitely ready for " Breaking Bad" and "Justified" I just stream them on Hulu and Netflix. Meanwhile I'm watching the first season of Sopranos on Netflix discs and streaming the first Sean of Mad Men in between. Except for acc hoops I don't need cable at all. I'm not sure what happened but TV is outstanding now and movies are terrible.
    For whatever reason, writers are ascendant on TV right now.

Writers have always been more prominent in the TV sphere, but it seems like there's a trend of writers being promoted to showrunners and producers, rather than folks from other backgrounds. It really seems to have upped the game on television.