Page 1859 of 3370 FirstFirst ... 85913591759180918491857185818591860186118691909195923592859 ... LastLast
Results 37,161 to 37,180 of 67390
    How was there not someone in the room at the NCAA offices who would recognize the disparity between the way the men's teams were treated and the women's teams were treated in their respective bubbles and flip out over that? How is there not 1 single person who could point that out?

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Liking the Tom turkey avatar. Nice plumage.
    Thanks! We haven’t been out much this last year so my avatar is one of the few ways for me to show off, ya know?

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    What happened to Tony Tonsil?
    There’s a children’s book called Tony’s Tonsillectomy. It was written by Paul Rudd.

One of those statements is true.

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    How was there not someone in the room at the NCAA offices who would recognize the disparity between the way the men's teams were treated and the women's teams were treated in their respective bubbles and flip out over that? How is there not 1 single person who could point that out?
    Oh, man, don't EVEN get me started. I am so proud of that player who called them out on this. Absolutely disgusting. And NO excuse. I will admit, I pay way more attention to men's ball than women's, but seeing that women's "workout" area made me physically ill.

What happened to Toni Basil?

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    What happened to Toni Basil?
    After dropping acid in a cemetery with Peter Fonda, she decided to become a cheerleader.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Yeah. I’m accepting where my inclinations are, machinery ain’t one of them. The men who oil their mowers with pride probably don’t know boo about puns.
    In 1980 I made a pact with a friend (we call it our Fatwa) that if either of us ever sees the other on a riding lawnmower, we are take the most extreme of measures. I've remained true to this, even though it takes me 75-90 minutes to mow the lawn, and my friend has lived in condos for most of his life...how long can I continue to do this? Dunno, I kind of like the huffing and puffing, aerobic lawnmowing...

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    In 1980 I made a pact with a friend (we call it our Fatwa) that if either of us ever sees the other on a riding lawnmower, we are take the most extreme of measures. I've remained true to this, even though it takes me 75-90 minutes to mow the lawn, and my friend has lived in condos for most of his life...how long can I continue to do this? Dunno, I kind of like the huffing and puffing, aerobic lawnmowing...
    I am hoping this was codified as the Deere - Husqvarna pact.

I am hoping this was codified as the Deere - Husqvarna pact.
    could have been! Our home (purchased in 1990) came with an old Deere riding mower the owners wanted us to take, they were flabbergasted when I refused it. Major turning point in my life!

could have been! Our home (purchased in 1990) came with an old Deere riding mower the owners wanted us to take, they were flabbergasted when I refused it. Major turning point in my life!
    I worked construction to put myself through college and I love to chop wood and build things. I am firmly in the manual labor as a means to develop work ethic camp. But I would have taken the riding lawn mower. Luddite.

I worked construction to put myself through college and I love to chop wood and build things. I am firmly in the manual labor as a means to develop work ethic camp. But I would have taken the riding lawn mower. Luddite.
    Guilty as charged, now going outside to commence Raking 2021. By the way, the worst people in the entire world are those who use leaf blowers. Slobotnicks.

Guilty as charged, now going outside to commence Raking 2021. By the way, the worst people in the entire world are those who use leaf blowers. Slobotnicks.
    Fantastic response!

My brother gave me his old electric leaf blower a long time ago. I have never used it. Whenever I am out raking leaves (and I have a LOT of leaves) my neighbor tells me, Hey, I have a leaf blower you can borrow. I tell him, I have one, thanks, but this way burns more calories. He says, Yeah, I should do that, too.

We have had this conversation more than once.

Quote Originally Posted by aimo View Post
    My brother gave me his old electric leaf blower a long time ago. I have never used it. Whenever I am out raking leaves (and I have a LOT of leaves) my neighbor tells me, Hey, I have a leaf blower you can borrow. I tell him, I have one, thanks, but this way burns more calories. He says, Yeah, I should do that, too.

Next time he says that he should do it too look him up and down for about 3 seconds and reply "Yes. You definitely should."

Next time he says that he should do it too look him up and down for about 3 seconds and reply "Yes. You definitely should."
    Yeah, I really don't need to do that. We all know it's true.

Yeah, I really don't need to do that. We all know it's true.
    Did I mention he has a big ram's head tattooed on his arm?

I use the leaf blower to clean off my electric lawn mower. Which they advise to not clean with water. I also use it to clean the sidewalks after I've swept and put all the loose debris in my trash can.

Did I mention he has a big ram's head tattooed on his arm?
    Because he likes pickup trucks?

There was a New Yorker article a few years ago concerning the Leaf Blower Wars in upscale California neighborhoods...everyone has gardeners who come frequently, so everyone has virtually non stop leaf blower noise at their multi million homes.
    Vicious battles fought over town statutes...me, I really dislike unnecessary noise pollution...

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Be careful, some say rock and roll is noise pollution.
    Posted that on Saturday night.

I really dislike unnecessary noise pollution...
    I do also. I like a quiet house. Even the refrigerator is too loud at times.