Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ns7 View Post
    Would be interesting to see where UVA alums / fans are distributed. I bet there are more in the vicinity of Columbia than Columbus.
    This map gives a rough approximation of UVA alumni concentration (click on US to see breakdown by state):

https://www.setlist.fm/stats/concert...-43d6e713.html

Quote Originally Posted by crimsondevil View Post
    Columbus and Columbia are fairly similar distances from Charlottesville (Columbus is closer as the crow flies but further by road). Is there a reason UVA would prefer one over the other?
    Pittsburgh was closer to Charlottesville than Charlotte last year as well. If UVA gets to choose as overall #1, they will choose Columbia because it's a lot more accessible to their primary alumni base (DC). Only one other team has a case for overall #1, and it's not UNC.

Duke is a #1 seed, end of story. If they win tomorrow against FSU, it will be in the East Region. It might not matter, to be honest.

UVA #1 South
    Kentucky or Tennessee #1 in the Midwest with UNC
    Gonzaga #1 in the West

Lunardi just said Duke is a No.1 with Zion in their team. It now depends what Kentucky does to see if UNC gets the third ACC No.1.
    Kyle gets BUCKETS!
    https://youtu.be/NJWPASQZqLc

We’re a number 1 but is the East Regional off the table? Did U.Va have that already wrapped up?

Is Gonzaga gonna get a one just bc they are the only good team west of Louisiana?

Quote Originally Posted by Furniture View Post
    Lunardi just said Duke is a No.1 with Zion in their team. It now depends what Kentucky does to see if UNC gets the third ACC No.1.
    I think the big thing with this is assuming UNC is 4 through 7 on the seed list, they basically are guaranteed to be in the same bracket as UK (possibly TN) because can't be with UVa or us...which I like because I take both of them going to the final four. (Of course, Lunardi isn't all knowing but I agree with him.) But downside is we could get TN in Louisville if we're fortunate to make it that far. Which would be better than KY there though.

Quote Originally Posted by hallcity View Post
    We’re a number 1 but is the East Regional off the table? Did U.Va have that already wrapped up?
    I think you guys get the East with a win tomorrow. You may even get it with a loss. H2H has to matter.

I think UVA gets the South (if UK doesn't win SECT) or Midwest (if UK does win the SECT).

I think it will go to Duke. Beat UVA twice during the season and have similar resumes.

UVA's most impressive wins are
    - UNC, VA Tech, Wisconsin

Duke's most impressive wins are:
    - Virginia x 2, UNC (with 2 Ls), Kentucky, Texas Tech

UVA doesn't have a bad loss on their resume, but they don't have the top-end wins Duke does. A win against Florida State and the deal is sealed. If Duke loses tomorrow, I am not as certain.

Quote Originally Posted by jhmoss1812 View Post
    I think you guys get the East with a win tomorrow. You may even get it with a loss. H2H has to matter.

I think UVA gets the South (if UK doesn't win SECT) or Midwest (if UK does win the SECT).
    I can’t imagine you guys get sent to the Midwest.

No. The Committee said they would watch Duke with Zion to see what happened.

We take the East with a win tomorrow and are the #1 overall. We keep our current spot (#1 MW) with a loss. We did not have to beat UVA again to take it from them.

Quote Originally Posted by CDu View Post
    I can’t imagine you guys get sent to the Midwest.
    I don't see UK missing out on 1 seed in the South if they win the SECT though. Guess we'll find out soon enough.

Quote Originally Posted by duke2x View Post
    Pittsburgh was closer to Charlottesville than Charlotte last year as well. If UVA gets to choose as overall #1, they will choose Columbia because it's a lot more accessible to their primary alumni base (DC). Only one other team has a case for overall #1, and it's not UNC.
    No, Columbus is closer to DC than Columbia also. You seem to think Ohio is further away from VA than it is. Look, UVA might choose Columbia, who knows - but the travel time argument is not really valid.

In any case, I have to think we're now extremely likely to be in Columbia for the first weekend. Can we steal DC away from UVA for the regional by winning tomorrow? (edit: that seems to be the consensus here. I think UVA is likely to get South over Kentucky in that scenario though).
    Last edited by crimsondevil; 03-16-2019 at 12:13 AM. Reason: too slow in replying

One interesting scenario...Michigan State may get a 1 if they win the Big 10 AND neither of Tennessee and UK win the SEC. the committee may take into consideration that MSU has been hot and now finally healthy. Just a thought.

I don't see UK missing out on 1 seed in the South if they win the SECT though. Guess we'll find out soon enough.
    Their resume isn’t as good as yours, even if they win the SEC.

I’d go

East: Duke Michigan
    South: Virginia Tenn
    MidWest: Kentucky MichSt
    West: UNC Gonzaga

UVA would be a higher 1-seed than UK, though, imo.

Interestingly, even though you'd be farther away, I think I'd rather be in the Midwest instead of in the South with either Tenn / UK, anyway. Being a higher 1-seed than the SEC winner might cause you pain.

Of course, it is Duke in that situation if we lose tomorrow (which is quite possible).

Quote Originally Posted by crimsondevil View Post
    No, Columbus is closer to DC than Columbia also. You seem to think Ohio is further away from VA than it is. Look, UVA might choose Columbia, who knows - but the travel time argument is not really valid.

In any case, I have to think we're now extremely likely to be in Columbia for the first weekend. Can we steal DC away from UVA for the regional by winning tomorrow?
    I grew up in Ohio. I will agree on Columbia because Coach K really prefers that extra day of rest. I've heard him say that about 5+ times, and it becomes more important with a 3rd ACC game.

Quote Originally Posted by Troublemaker View Post
    UVA would be a higher 1-seed than UK, though, imo.

Interestingly, even though you'd be farther away, I think I'd rather be in the Midwest instead of in the South with either Tenn / UK, anyway. Being a higher 1-seed than the SEC winner might cause you pain.

Of course, it is Duke in that situation if we lose tomorrow (which is quite possible).
    So we can be paired up with Michigan State in the Midwest? Yeah, no thanks lol.

I think you convinced me. I had been thinking Columbus less hostile than Columbia but the extra day of rest probably wins