Page 1473 of 3370 FirstFirst ... 4739731373142314631471147214731474147514831523157319732473 ... LastLast
Results 29,441 to 29,460 of 67390
    Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    My wife and I still live in our first house (been here about 6 and a half years). It’s a zeroscape yard...lots of moss and small plants, heavily wooded. Not a blade of grass anywhere. Leaves are a horror for about 8 weeks in the fall, and it’s more than worth the nominal amount we pay the yard guy to take care of them. I’ve never mowed grass in my life and I never intend to. I hate yard work.
    The joke is that it's in our pre-nup that I don't do yard work.

The closest thing I've ever had to the legendary chocolate peppermint PopTarts since Kellogg's stopped making them are chocolate snowball cookies flavored with a hint of peppermint extract. And I have misplaced that recipe. Unlike the PopTarts though, I imagine I could find the recipe again. Or just make chocolate snowball cookies and add the peppermint on my own, trial and error until I figure out how much is the right amount.

Those cookies are a Christmas time thing though, I can't imagine making them in, I dunno, July!

Beer that tastes like candy canes? Ok, yes, I'd try that.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Hanna, not just a show on Amazon Prime.
    Somehow I managed to see three Saoirse Ronan movies in three days recently. Hanna was certainly the odd one out.

-jk

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    I mow, but it would be a misnomer to call it grass...I don't care what it is, if it's greenish it's OK by me...one of the best features I have is a patch about 120 feet long of nothing but thyme...great purple flowers, don't grow much vertically...gobs of moss, too...

I think the zeroscape yard is a pretty good idea, I owned a home like that for five years, never minded not mowing..
    I’ve had various neighborhood kids take care of the mowing for 20 years now. My most recent is now in his early 20s, haS a full time job (even now) and still likes the easy cash!

Then there was that yard on University Dr in Durm that was concrete painted green...

-jk

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    Beer that tastes like candy canes? Ok, yes, I'd try that.
    And I'm confident the beer boys and girls would love to try your snowball cookie recipe. I'm sensing a virtual pub theme for December maybe hosted by the regulars of the LTE. Hosting is easier than you think. It involves typing a post saying "we're open" and optionally logging into zoom at 5-ish to share milk stout and cookies with Santa.

Merry Christmas in July LTE

Quote Originally Posted by richardjackson199 View Post
    And I'm confident the beer boys and girls would love to try your snowball cookie recipe. I'm sensing a virtual pub theme for December maybe hosted by the regulars of the LTE. Hosting is easier than you think. It involves typing a post saying "we're open" and optionally logging into zoom at 5-ish to share milk stout and cookies with Santa.

Merry Christmas in July LTE
    Have you been watching too much Hallmark Channel?

Have you been watching too much Hallmark Channel?
    Nahh. Cancelling all cable last year when Spectrum wanted to charge too much for ACC Network has not been regretted.

Started doing curbside from the grocery store. Great service, but they always surprise you with items they don't have at the last second. Then what do you do?

Started doing curbside from the grocery store. Great service, but they always surprise you with items they don't have at the last second. Then what do you do?
    Months ago I did one of the very first curbside pickups offered by a large chain grocery store, had my mask on, and at my appt. time out comes the young clerk, no mask, and she marches right up to me and sticks her face inside my car window! WTF? The woman behind me on line stuck her head out her window and started guffawing...not a good start, but I hear they're doing better.

Yeah, when they don't have what you want, they substitute, and will run back in if you don't like it. I've been sneaking into another market at geezer hours (same at Costco) but if things get worse i'll go back to curbside.

but if things get worse i'll go back to curbside.
    This is actually only my second curbside pickup. I’m a slow adopter. They have the process down fairly well. I’m stocked up for about 3 weeks of the item that was out of stock. It is a daily use item, but I do get a bit nervous if inventory drops below certain levels.

We are in the thick of it here. We’ve had more cases in a single day than Vermont has had the entire time. And while this Metro is 3-4x the size of Vermont, well.

This is actually only my second curbside pickup. I’m a slow adopter. They have the process down fairly well. I’m stocked up for about 3 weeks of the item that was out of stock. It is a daily use item, but I do get a bit nervous if inventory drops below certain levels.

We are in the thick of it here. We’ve had more cases in a single day than Vermont has had the entire time. And while this Metro is 3-4x the size of Vermont, well.
    We're into the notion of stocking up as well...I've hit Costco pretty hard, and they have VERY uncrowded geezer hours from 9-10 of which we've taken great advantage.

I have been going to a grocery store that is small, on the expensive side, and doesn't have the room for a lot of inventory, so, when I go (always about 45 minutes before closing, so, late but not so late that I can't comfortably finish before they close) there usually aren't very many other shoppes. What this store lacks in variety it makes up for in proximity (and lack of other customers when I'm doing my shopping!)

BUT

Yesterday I went to one of the bigger stores that isn't too far away. It's the first time since April that I braved a different, larger, better prices, more choices store. The last time I went to one of those, the number of unmasked people willing to crowd themselves near me scared me. This time, yeah, it's impossible to keep at least 6ft away from everyone in the store, but, they all wore masks, they mostly followed the one way arrows on the floor, and it didn't terrify me. I'll still keep trips to one of the bigger stores to a minimum, but, every once in awhile, I gotta do it.

The shelves were stocked but not overly so. Some aisles had completely empty sections.

Some aisles had completely empty sections.
    Paper products and cleaning supplies?

Paper products and cleaning supplies?
    No, those were fairly well stocked. Canned tomatoes/tomato paste - slim pickings. Goya products? Plenty in stock.

No, those were fairly well stocked. Canned tomatoes/tomato paste - slim pickings. Goya products? Plenty in stock.
    Yeah, tomatoes have been slim pickings here for a while. Cleaning stuff is more the issue for us. Given the respective trajectory of case counts, it makes sense.

Scene outside of town: dead raccoon on the side of the road (nothing new there), but it has a helium balloon tied to one of its legs that cheerily says "Get Well Soon!"

Went out to get in my car to drive to the socially distanced rehearsal only to find an enormous tree branch had fallen onto my driveway. No house damage and no care damage, whew. Feeling really lucky right now. The sons and I were able to successfully move the branch (actually branches) to the side yard. Hubby is in Maryland. I'm not dealing with it until he comes back, but, there is enough stuff that it might require hiring a landscaping/yardwork type business to come remove it.

Scene outside of town: dead raccoon on the side of the road (nothing new there), but it has a helium balloon tied to one of its legs that cheerily says "Get Well Soon!"

Ummmm...