Page 1573 of 3370 FirstFirst ... 57310731473152315631571157215731574157515831623167320732573 ... LastLast
Results 31,441 to 31,460 of 67398
    Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    Hmmm, does this make it sound like I raised $400k? If so, no, I did not, collectively everyone who participated in the race raised $400k.

A hyper contextual reading might but a non-hyper reading would likely know. But hey, what do I know?

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    I got a little nasty in the coronavirus thread. I haven't gotten an infraction - maybe my level of nastiness was not enough to bring the mods down on me.

I got a little nasty in the coronavirus thread. I haven't gotten an infraction - maybe my level of nastiness was not enough to bring the mods down on me.
    Looks like it has been redacted. No need to revisit here.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Looks like it has been redacted. No need to revisit here.
    Ok, cool.

We do get into ruts around here and sometimes I take issue. In other threads. Here our rut is PopTarts and PopTarts are always worth talking about. Let's face it, Kellogg's should sponsor this thread.

Ok, cool.

We do get into ruts around here and sometimes I take issue. In other threads. Here our rut is PopTarts and PopTarts are always worth talking about. Let's face it, Kellogg's should sponsor this thread.

Someone should approach them with the idea.

Someone should approach them with the idea.
    Excuse me. They should clearly be approaching us.

Ohhh, I dunno...
    There are plenty of ruts here. For instance, I particularly love crowing about throwing things out. I guess we can have blind spots when it comes to our own faults. Especially when I have, uh, there are so few.
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post
    Ohhh, I dunno...
    There are plenty of ruts here. For instance, I particularly love crowing about throwing things out. I guess we can have blind spots when it comes to our own faults. Especially when I have, uh, there are so few.
    I have never noticed that you have any.

And maybe we do have ruts - but they aren't boring ruts! OUR ruts are fascinating!

Sometimes you feel like a nut, sometimes you don’t?

Sometimes you feel like a nut, sometimes you don’t?
    Arrow's favorite candy bar is Mounds.

Arrow's favorite candy bar is Mounds.
    Hmm, he's not a nut...

I think all my hummingbirds have officially migrated.

Hmm, he's not a nut...
    He's allergic. Well, to all nuts except almonds. But it's easier to just avoid all nuts.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    I think all my hummingbirds have officially migrated.
    all that's left here is some H-bird poop on a deck table near the window feeder...

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    all that's left here is some H-bird poop on a deck table near the window feeder...
    I'd recommend one of these:

CM61083_45L_ceta-4-scaled.jpg

https://simpsoncleaning.com/products...chine-cm61083/

I like that it is made in the USA. I was shaking my head at some questions asked about an item on Amazon the other day. People wanted to know where it was made and the same person kept asking why they wanted to know because it made no difference in how it performed. I made myself not reply to his response pointing out there are multiple reasons why people might want to know where a product was made. I wish Amazon required that country of origin be listed with anything on their site.

I thought that information was required on packaging but some things I see don't appear to have it on their packaging or it is very well hidden.

I'm always late to the party on closed threads. I saw the closure of the Law/AG thread coming but what happened with the investment thread? Last I read, they were happily going down the road of best advice and everyone seemed to agree with the start early advice.

I think a few have been stopping at my feeders on their way south to fuel up. I've had a ton of activity, but thinking they've moved on.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    I think a few have been stopping at my feeders on their way south to fuel up. I've had a ton of activity, but thinking they've moved on.
    The hummingbirds have (finally!) been super active at my house this week.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    I'm always late to the party on closed threads. I saw the closure of the Law/AG thread coming but what happened with the investment thread? Last I read, they were happily going down the road of best advice and everyone seemed to agree with the start early advice.
    If something happened on the investment thread, I missed it. But I would think the mods would just delete an offending post. So unless there was some sort of heated policy/political exchange that needs cooling down, I assume it has been mis-locked.

Of course, I was about to go on a harangue about the scourge of fiat currency and our need to return to the gold standard. So maybe it saved me from an early vacation.