Page 117 of 137 FirstFirst ... 1767107115116117118119127 ... LastLast
Results 2,321 to 2,340 of 2725
    Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Although in a runoff the trick is to energize your turnout and depress your opponent. The main thing Hershel has going for him IMO is that Kemp is out stumping for him and Kemp cut a nice commercial for him. But I think folks are turning out in droves to either support Warnock or reject Walker, whichever way you wanna look at it. All of this damaging info on Herschel has gotta sap the desire to go out and support him.

But who knows. The runoff schedule will make it tough for students to vote which helps Herschel. Anything can happen.
    Warnock really ticked the ila union off in georgia. Several months ago he attacked the GPA georgia ports and thier client base .there were flyers out all over some the east coast water front.if I'm seeing flyers you've made someone angry.

Maybe that's subsided some .
    Ŵasnt a bright move .
    If the vote was within a few days of that he'd probably be in some trouble in those areas.
    But he definitely lost some support.i don't know what degree. Usually unions
    Are a lock for the democrats .

Quote Originally Posted by wavedukefan70s View Post
    Warnock really ticked the ila union off in georgia. Several months ago he attacked the GPA georgia ports and thier client base .there were flyers out all over some the east coast water front.if I'm seeing flyers you've made someone angry.

Maybe that's subsided some .
    Ŵasnt a bright move .
    If the vote was within a few days of that he'd probably be in some trouble in those areas.
    But he definitely lost some support.i don't know what degree. Usually unions
    Are a lock for the democrats .
    How did he do that? The only big union news I've seen recently is the rail strike strike. And, as you say, Dems got that sick leave bill passed w/ 200+ Republicans voting against.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    How did he do that? The only big union news I've seen recently is the rail strike strike. And, as you say, Dems got that sick leave bill passed w/ 200+ Republicans voting against.
    Yeah, links are always good. This isn't Twitter, y'know.
    Bad officials are elected by good citizens who do not vote. - George Jean Nathan

Quote Originally Posted by dudog84 View Post
    Yeah, links are always good. This isn't Twitter, y'know.
    Know nothing about this story, but Wave Fan seems to have spent half a lifetime in port operations and surely knows quite a few longshoremen.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    In round one, there were 3,935,924 votes cast on election day. So far in the runoff, already more than 1.1M votes have been cast. Will the original total be surpassed? That would be very impressive. My guess is the final number lands somewhere between half and three quarters of the way there.

https://www.cnn.com/politics/live-ne...c81f510cece60b
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    Know nothing about this story, but Wave Fan seems to have spent half a lifetime in port operations and surely knows quite a few longshoremen.
    And I know quite a few yard signs.
    Bad officials are elected by good citizens who do not vote. - George Jean Nathan

And I know quite a few yard signs.
    Me too. And in the "Troy McClure sleeps with the fishes" sense.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    New poll info out. I have one question.

A new poll from Emerson College Polling and The Hill released on Thursday looks promising for Warnock, which shows him leading Walker 49 percent to 47 percent among likely voters. When undecided voters were asked which way they leaned, it boosted Warnock and Walker to 51 percent and 49 percent respectively, though it falls within the poll’s margin of error of plus or minus 3.2 percentage points, effectively tying the candidates.
    Who are those 7 people?
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...ceacb7d119860e
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    New poll info out. I have one question.

Who are those 7 people?
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...ceacb7d119860e
    Republicans who think Walker is an embarrassment. “Conflicted” may be a better description than “undecided”

Arizona

Cochise County, AZ has certified after being notified by a court they were committing a felony by refusing. The election is officially over!

Quote Originally Posted by AllenBuilding View Post
    Cochise County, AZ has certified after being notified by a court they were committing a felony by refusing. The election is officially over!
    Other than Georgia, yup.

Courts once again step in to stop the insanity.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Other than Georgia, yup.

Courts once again step in to stop the insanity.
    Okay, OPK JD. We're not judges, no reason blow sunshine and rainbows up our robes.

Quote Originally Posted by AllenBuilding View Post
    I guess we know how strongly the felt about the issues holding up certification.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Okay, OPK JD. We're not judges, no reason blow sunshine and rainbows up our robes.
    So — why are y’all wearing robes then?

On second thought — never mind.

So, I was listening to a 538 podcast today and they were discussing the Ga runoff. Someone noted that it appears Democrats are flooding the early-voting places while Republicans seem to largely be planning to vote on election day. You could actually hear the 538 elections analysts sighing as they poo-pooed the notion that early voting is in any way predictive. They all but said it is meaningless. They said the folks who vote early are folks who would certainly have voted on election day if that was the only day in which voting was available. According to 538, the early vote didn't mean a thing.

But, I think they could be wrong. Check this out --

That is the weather forecast for Tuesday in several significant Georgia cities in different parts of the state. The forecast is for a good bit of rain on election day across much of the state. What Democrats are doing right now is ensuring they have votes in the bank that will not go away if the lines are long and the weather is lousy on election day.

Look, as we have seen from the polls, this figures to be a close race. If weather depresses turnout even a little bit on election day, that could spell doom for Walker.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    So, I was listening to a 538 podcast today and they were discussing the Ga runoff. Someone noted that it appears Democrats are flooding the early-voting places while Republicans seem to largely be planning to vote on election day. You could actually hear the 538 elections analysts sighing as they poo-pooed the notion that early voting is in any way predictive. They all but said it is meaningless. They said the folks who vote early are folks who would certainly have voted on election day if that was the only day in which voting was available. According to 538, the early vote didn't mean a thing.

But, I think they could be wrong. Check this out --

That is the weather forecast for Tuesday in several significant Georgia cities in different parts of the state. The forecast is for a good bit of rain on election day across much of the state. What Democrats are doing right now is ensuring they have votes in the bank that will not go away if the lines are long and the weather is lousy on election day.

Look, as we have seen from the polls, this figures to be a close race. If weather depresses turnout even a little bit on election day, that could spell doom for Walker.
    I was a little teoubled by the discussion. And they did mention this part. A vote banked is a vote counted and is worth more than a potential vote. Yes people plan on voting on election day, but sometimes things pop up.

How about the Georgia Lt. Gov (Republican) standing in line for over an hour to day to vote, only to get up there and leave his ballot empty?

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    How about the Georgia Lt. Gov (Republican) standing in line for over an hour to day to vote, only to get up there and leave his ballot empty?
    He is an anti-Trump R who is positioning himself as an alternative to the MAGA wing. Also has a book out about saving the soul of the R party. He did not run for re-election (IMO) because he knew he would be primaried by a MAGA candidate like Governor Kemp and Sec./St. Raffensperger were.

Very sharp guy, I don’t mean any of the above to sound like a slam. To the contrary, I think he is on the right path for the R party. But this is not a surprise.

Some of my fellow Peach-Staters may have a different/better view, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    If weather depresses turnout even a little bit on election day, that could spell doom for Walker.
    Can he spell doom? <ducks>

Can he spell doom? <ducks>
    Can he spell ducks? (Dooms).