Page 1677 of 3371 FirstFirst ... 67711771577162716671675167616771678167916871727177721772677 ... LastLast
Results 33,521 to 33,540 of 67404
    Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    Holly has been road tested to -13 degrees Fahrenheit, and not found wanting...brave, courageous and bold!
    I am deathly allergic to dogs and not really a dog lover other than the occasional wonderful and gentle animal here and there. I was bitten by a dog as a child and I'm naturally a touch afraid of them. Oh, and I am also a coward. You can't discount that part. But I think I would enjoy having a dog to hike with and one that would ride in the back of my truck. And I don't have a truck, but I would get one if I had a dog.

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    I am deathly allergic to dogs and not really a dog lover other than the occasional wonderful and gentle animal here and there. I was bitten by a dog as a child and I'm naturally a touch afraid of them. Oh, and I am also a coward. You can't discount that part. But I think I would enjoy having a dog to hike with and one that would ride in the back of my truck. And I don't have a truck, but I would get one if I had a dog.
    Sorry to hear that...I know others who were seriously attacked by dogs as kids, just not a good thing. This is one reason why we've had Labradors for the past 35 years, always cordial, never worry about them nipping someone.

But yes, Holly has been a serious MVP candidate during the pandemic, we walk 5-6 miles minimum every day, have occasional (distanced) play dates with other labs. Helps keep me as close to sane as I'm likely to get...and yes, she loves riding in the car, though we rarely go far these days...

I was super anxious around dogs growing up. Not sure if I had a negative experience or what. But as an adult I have become very fond of them. You will never have a better feeling than coming home to an excited dog at the end of the day.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    I was super anxious around dogs growing up. Not sure if I had a negative experience or what. But as an adult I have become very fond of them. You will never have a better feeling than coming home to an excited dog at the end of the day.
    I bet that would be the case for me as well. My wife would like a dog, but I can't live in the house with one. So I assume she will get a dog...

I bet that would be the case for me as well. My wife would like a dog, but I can't live in the house with one. So I assume she will get a dog...
    Living in the garage might be a fun adventure for you too!

Living in the garage might be a fun adventure for you too!
    We figured out a long time ago when we took the family to Disney and stayed at a value resort which was classified as "no frills", that we were a family which prizes frills. There wasn't shampoo and conditioner, they were combined into a concoction which I refer to as shonditioner. And also there were no fitted sheets (such a strange cost cutting measure), only tucked in top sheets. Still had a great time but we recognized are not rugged survivalists

Holly has been road tested to -13 degrees Fahrenheit, and not found wanting...brave, courageous and bold!
    Is she related to Wyatt Earp?

And thanks to your post I will now have a picture of Hugh O'Brien floating around my mind as well as the theme song ear worm.

I was also. Right on the face. Had a scar that you could see whenever I smiled. Age and growth have caught up to the scar and it is now hidden.

I’m the same way around horses. Anxious, that is. They know it, too.

Figure I could get comfortable around them but it would take some time and regular exposure.

We have a dog that, despite lots of time and money invested in training, can react pretty aggressively to strangers - human and canine. Definitely has made us more appreciative of having a yard and places to walk with good leash law enforcement.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    It is still on the first page...
    You’re welcome.

I find meditating at halftime helps.

Frankly, disgusted. Yep, that's what I am.

Tired and disgusted. Early to bed for weezie.
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    Is she related to Wyatt Earp?

And thanks to your post I will now have a picture of Hugh O'Brien floating around my mind as well as the theme song ear worm.
    good catch on Wyatt Earp...yes, there is a real similarity there...

Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post
    Frankly, disgusted. Yep, that's what I am.

Tired and disgusted. Early to bed for weezie.
    I find people's reactions and perspectives so unbelievably fascinating. I am enjoying this season so much. Like I enjoyed the national championship seasons and the seasons with no national championship so much. And I realize I am the weirdo here. I am talking most of my Duke fan friends off the ledge via text.

managing expectations is key.

Probably. I just never have any. I don't know how I got to be like this and I recognize that it is strange. I think of sports like I think of music, television shows and movies. They aren't mine. A TV show is made by the director, producers and actors. It is their show and not mine. Where I come into play is the choice of consumption. I get to choose to interact with this show or not and whether or not I like it is irrelevant. Because the show is not mine. So when people complain about the ending of Seinfeld, The Sopranos or Game of Thrones my initial thought is to be surprised. The show exists and your interaction with it is your choice. But you have no ownership. So your thoughts or feelings on it are irrelevant. Sports is that way to me. I choose to follow this program and have no ownership or responsibility here. I have never met anyone else who thinks of it this way. I don't know what makes me so crazy. By writing this down I think I have increased the chances that I will be tagged and studied to find out what is wrong with me.

For securing a spouse? Scheduling an emergency plumber visit? Most fishing trips?

What are we talkin' here?

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    For securing a spouse? Scheduling an emergency plumber visit? Most fishing trips?

What's funny is in all of those situations where expectations are an issue, the common denominator is always going to be you. So for the most part, I think this is good advice across the board. One of the many things I say to people who work in NICUs is if you can't manage the baby, manage your expectations.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post

Sous videing a turkey breast I think.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Sous videing a turkey breast I think.
    You had to pick a fight didn't you?