Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by richardjackson199 View Post
    Shakes on it.

Sweet. Good luck! Thanks for making the playoffs more interesting to me either way. I've always liked KD after he helped K win so many golds and of course I enjoy cheering for Quinn Cook.

Go Dubs! Warr-iors!

🥧😁🇨🇦🏀🦖

It occurs to me today, has anyone confirmed that richardjackson199 doesnt own the pie company that everyone uses for these bets?

Quote Originally Posted by JetpackJesus View Post
    It occurs to me today, has anyone confirmed that richardjackson199 doesnt own the pie company that everyone uses for these bets?
    It's all so clear now. 😁

Quote Originally Posted by JetpackJesus View Post
    Great question.
    “Those two kids, they’re champions,” Krzyzewski said of his senior leaders. “They’re trying to teach the other kids how to become that, and it’s a long road to become that.”

Quote Originally Posted by pfrduke View Post
    Kudos to UrinalCake for paying up with delicious Dutch apple. The pie tasted all the sweeter knowing that it was won by a Tar Heel leaving school.
    Glad you’re enjoying the pie. Despite the outcome, I thoroughly enjoyed this bet as it allowed me to revel in Little’s struggles even more all season long. I’d be open to making a similar bet this coming season, although I am staying away from Cole Anthony as I do think he’s going to be awesome for them.

Quote Originally Posted by mattman91 View Post
    🥧😁🇨🇦🏀🦖
    Congrats!! and Well-deserved. ENJOY!! Happy for you. Damn it feels good to win a pie. Feels even better to wolf it down.

Pick any pie you want and send me a PM with your choice and address:

https://gtpie.com/menus/pies/

No I don't own the pie company. JasonEvans found it. But maybe if I lose enough pie bets they'll give me stock options.

Congrats!! and Well-deserved. ENJOY!! Happy for you. Damn it feels good to win a pie. Feels even better to wolf it down.

No I don't own the pie company. JasonEvans found it. But maybe if I lose enough pie bets they'll give me stock options.
    Those pies look pretty fantastic. For those that have ordered online, how much of the "fresh-baked" early days goodness do you lose in transportation/delivery? Have to imagine some. Day 3 pie does not taste the same as Day 1 pie. Day 2 pie is of course it's own animal but don't get me started on Day 5+ pie.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Those pies look pretty fantastic. For those that have ordered online, how much of the "fresh-baked" early days goodness do you lose in transportation/delivery? Have to imagine some. Day 3 pie does not taste the same as Day 1 pie. Day 2 pie is of course it's own animal but don't get me started on Day 5+ pie.
    The pies come well-wrapped with eating recommendations and an easy-to-use box cover to keep them fresh. They come with eating directions which is basically to leave them at room temperature, how to warm them up some in the oven when eating, do not refrigerate, and to eat them within the first 3 days. It usually doesn't take us that long. Which is to say they're fantastic. Obviously I can't know what these taste like right out of the oven. But they taste quite fresh and outstanding for those first few days. The dark-chocolate cherry ganache (warmed up a tiny bit) and blueberry I had were just outstandingly, delectably delicious. So I'd guess whatever freshness is lost in transit is negligible. They tell you what day it will arrive fresh. And it does.

That said, the pies aren't exactly cheap, for a pie once you add in shipping. But I'd still much rather order and ship one than make one and mail it myself. So for a DBR bet they're really fun and fully worth it win or lose IMO. I started off trying to bet beer which was a royal pain because it's basically illegal to ship, and even trying to do so online was more trouble than it was worth. These pies have been just right.

Go win one and eat it with your sporks.

I am still pleased that I won my only pie bet, won it off a UNC fan, and it was the last (?) thing Wheat ever did.

The pies come well-wrapped with eating recommendations and an easy-to-use box cover to keep them fresh. They come with eating directions which is basically to leave them at room temperature, how to warm them up some in the oven when eating, do not refrigerate, and to eat them within the first 3 days. It usually doesn't take us that long. Which is to say they're fantastic. Obviously I can't know what these taste like right out of the oven. But they taste quite fresh and outstanding for those first few days. The dark-chocolate cherry ganache (warmed up a tiny bit) and blueberry I had were just outstandingly, delectably delicious. So I'd guess whatever freshness is lost in transit is negligible. They tell you what day it will arrive fresh. And it does.

That said, the pies aren't exactly cheap, for a pie once you add in shipping. But I'd still much rather order and ship one than make one and mail it myself. So for a DBR bet they're really fun and fully worth it win or lose IMO. I started off trying to bet beer which was a royal pain because it's basically illegal to ship, and even trying to do so online was more trouble than it was worth. These pies have been just right.

And, if you like craft beer, let us know what your pie/beer pairing was...

Amirite, richardjackson?
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    I am still pleased that I won my only pie bet, won it off a UNC fan, and it was the last (?) thing Wheat ever did.
    I’m still around checking on my Duke friends from time to time, just not commenting on anything until the mods give me equal treatment with everybody else.

I’m willing to offer you another pie bet for next season...I bet a pie UNC will have a better regular season ACC record and is a higher ACC tourney seed than Duke next season.

You in? If not, I’ll offer it to anyone else that wants to take it on.

Who needs eating directions for pie? Is that a problem for youngsters? 😂

Quote Originally Posted by Wheat/"/"/" View Post
    I’m still around checking on my Duke friends from time to time, just not commenting on anything until the mods give me equal treatment with everybody else.

I’m willing to offer you another pie bet for next season...I bet a pie UNC will have a better regular season ACC record and is a higher ACC tourney seed than Duke next season.

I can't spork you, but I am one who misses your input. As to a chance to win back your pie, I am open to it, but want to see things develop for the next few months. If someone else takes your offer, so be it.

*tips his hat*

How is everything on Gaspsarilla Island?

I am glad to see you post again. I thought we had lost what I consider a good wrinkle to this board.

I'll take that pie bet.

Quote Originally Posted by Indoor66 View Post
    How is everything on Gaspsarilla Island?
    Island living is pretty good https://bocabeacon.com/news/boca-blu...orlds-richest/ these days...

And my kids tourney https://bocabeacon.com/news/2019-gas...-breaking-day/ set records...

Come on down!

Quote Originally Posted by left_hook_lacey View Post
    I am glad to see you post again. I thought we had lost what I consider a good wrinkle to this board.

I'll take that pie bet.
    Ok, since Mt. Devil passed you are on. Good luck!

Ok, since Mt. Devil passed you are on. Good luck!
    Same to you. Cool tarpon pics/article cles.

Island living is pretty good https://bocabeacon.com/news/boca-blu...orlds-richest/ these days...

And my kids tourney https://bocabeacon.com/news/2019-gas...-breaking-day/ set records...

Come on down!
    Good stuff. Fish On!

Thanks! I'll shoot you a PM around lunch time.