Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Wow. The things I've missed by being a one-woman man since 1970.

Quote Originally Posted by jimsumner View Post
    Wow. The things I've missed by being a one-woman man since 1970.
    On the contrary, sir. Think of all the great things you've experienced in the last 38 years. Coming up on 40 years real soon. Let us know when the milestone anniversary is and the board will be full of well wishes for the two of you lovebirds.

I actually had dinner with my wife of 22 yrs. and my college girlfriend last summer. It was a little strange at first... but, all in all, a very cool evening.

And, this is my 100th post!!!

Quote Originally Posted by throatybeard View Post
    My wife is still friends with just about every major ex she's every had, so I've got no choice but to play nice.
    I have the opposite situation. I met my wife soon after she moved to DC so there are no exes around here and she has no contact with any of them. We are friends with my ex from college, but she lives in Portland so the only times we see them is reunions and weddings. I am not in touch with any other exes so we are probably fortunate in that regard.
    The Gordog

Waterloo, Ontario (unfortunately, no longer in London England).
    Quote Originally Posted by bjornolf View Post
    If I met my wife's ex-husband, I'd probably go to jail for assault. Seeing as how he put her in the hospital a few times and abused her many more, I figure you guys probably wouldn't judge me too harshly, right?
    There are enough lawyers floating around this little community of ours that I`m sure you could get some cheap, or free (do lawyers ever do anything for free?), legal representation. Or the rest of us could pass the hat to help with the legal bills. I`d donate to that cause.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    Talk about being out of my league, can't offer any help on this one. I've been with my guy for 20 years now and as far as I know all of our exes live in other states...
    Do all your exes live in Texas?

Quote Originally Posted by allenmurray View Post
    Once more, DBR causes me to choke on my coffee.
    It happens to me almost daily. But yeah, great line.

Quote Originally Posted by Lavabe View Post
    Is this out of the jurisdiction of the DBR ATL mafia?
    Nope. Nothing is.

Quote Originally Posted by 2535Miles View Post
    I have pliers and a blow torch. I got your back!
    Thanks, Marcellus. Do you have any hard-pipin'... too?

Thanks for the sentiments guys. We actually do flirt with it a few times of year. He still lives within 10 miles of my in-laws, so when we go to visit them on the holidays, there's always a chance. I really do worry about it, though. I have that black-Irish temper from my dad, and I'm a pretty big guy (I'd have about 4 inches and 50 pounds on him). It would probably show him how helpless my wife felt, but I REALLY wouldn't want my kids to see me like that, so for now, I'll just stick with daydreaming about it. I'd try to control myself, but there have been a few times in my life when I've seen red and not really known what I was doing (usually after taking a cheap shot on the football field or seeing a loved one threatened), so I hope not to find out.

Thanks for the sentiments guys. We actually do flirt with it a few times of year. He still lives within 10 miles of my in-laws, so when we go to visit them on the holidays, there's always a chance. I really do worry about it, though. I have that black-Irish temper from my dad, and I'm a pretty big guy (I'd have about 4 inches and 50 pounds on him). It would probably show him how helpless my wife felt, but I REALLY wouldn't want my kids to see me like that, so for now, I'll just stick with daydreaming about it. I'd try to control myself, but there have been a few times in my life when I've seen red and not really known what I was doing (usually after taking a cheap shot on the football field or seeing a loved one threatened), so I hope not to find out.
    All this from a guy named Bjorn? I'm worried for someone's safety!

I'm so confused. My real name is Joe. I use Bjornolf as my login name for these sites cause it's unusual enough that no one has it before me usually, and it's a character name from my novel. I have to ask what my name being Bjorn would have to do with being worried about someone's safety? Just that it sounds like a Viking name, or that it means "bear"? Strangely, bjornolf actually means "bear-wolf", at least according to my measley understanding of the Scandinavian languages.

I have nothing of substance to add to this thread and clicked on it thinking it was about NBC being in trouble. Boy was I confused.

I'm so confused. My real name is Joe. I use Bjornolf as my login name for these sites cause it's unusual enough that no one has it before me usually, and it's a character name from my novel. I have to ask what my name being Bjorn would have to do with being worried about someone's safety? Just that it sounds like a Viking name, or that it means "bear"? Strangely, bjornolf actually means "bear-wolf", at least according to my measley understanding of the Scandinavian languages.
    Makes me think of a huge pissed off Swedish guy with blonde hair (think Dolph Lundgren).

Add the 'seeing red' to it and I'm afraid...

Ahhh, now I get it. I guess there aren't too many huge pissed off Irish guys out there. We're all like Pierce Brosnan and Sean Connery. We do have Colin Farrell, but I don't know if he counts as huge. Liam Neeson has certainly played some angry guys, as has Gabriel Byrne. Not too many big guys though. Hmm. Anybody know one?

Ahhh, now I get it. I guess there aren't too many huge pissed off Irish guys out there. We're all like Pierce Brosnan and Sean Connery. We do have Colin Farrell, but I don't know if he counts as huge. Liam Neeson has certainly played some angry guys, as has Gabriel Byrne. Not too many big guys though. Hmm. Anybody know one?
    I think you could say there are a lot of pissed Irish guys, versus pissed off Irish guys. Just I don't get dinged by mods, I'm referring to the Irish/British definition of pissed, drunk.

I totally got it. As my father, who is my Irish half, always said, "It's better to be pi...d off than p...d on." I always loved that one.

I totally got it. As my father, who is my Irish half, always said, "It's better to be pi...d off than p...d on." I always loved that one.
    Some days, I would just rather be pissed.

I gots all of them and then some. I know a few folk, in Lomita and Compton.

Quote Originally Posted by rockymtn devil View Post
    I have nothing of substance to add to this thread and clicked on it thinking it was about NBC being in trouble. Boy was I confused.
    Why aren't you posting in the LTE?

Liam Neeson was great as Rob Roy. Hmmm, an Irish guy playing a Scotsmen after an Australian plays Irishmen. Where did the world go wrong? Discus in the LTE; just suggestin.