Page 2644 of 3369 FirstFirst ... 16442144254425942634264226432644264526462654269427443144 ... LastLast
Results 52,861 to 52,880 of 67370
    Quote Originally Posted by Phredd3 View Post
    I spent yesterday morning at Duke's graduation. It's May in North Carolina. How is it possible to be so flipping cold in a suit? An hour and half sitting stock still in 50-degrees with a howling wind, that's how. Let's just say that I did not play the recessional so very well.
    I mean, there's North Carolina for you...my Duke graduation was hotter than hell...my grandparents had borderline episodes that day from baking in Wally Wade.

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    I mean, there's North Carolina for you...my Duke graduation was hotter than hell...my grandparents had borderline episodes that day from baking in Wally Wade.
    When I moved out of my dorm senior year at Wake, it was FREEZING. There was an icy mist blowing. A week later at graduation, it was like 95 degrees in the morning and we're sitting there in black plastic robes.

that's why I never attend graduations, especially my own. Did make a brief guest appearance at a U. of Utah event some years ago, that's it for me.

Hot enough to fry bacon on the sidewalk?

Nothing better than a sizzling pig.

my first day in grad school, I wondered who the guy was sitting next to me who had two gun packing goons sitting behind him...he's about to become President of the Philippines, as was his crook father:https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...ntial-election

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    my first day in grad school, I wondered who the guy was sitting next to me who had two gun packing goons sitting behind him...he's about to become President of the Philippines, as was his crook father:https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...ntial-election
    Did the goons fondle your underwear, too?

I'm sorry, that just fascinates me.

Quote Originally Posted by aimo View Post
    Did the goons fondle your underwear, too?

I'm sorry, that just fascinates me.
    no they did not, nor did I check their shoes. I should have.
    Do keep in mind that I wasn't in my underwear when they were (repeatedly) fondled, which was a major plus at the time.

no they did not, nor did I check their shoes. I should have.
    Do keep in mind that I wasn't in my underwear when they were (repeatedly) fondled, which was a major plus at the time.
    Oh, I am aware of that, but sometimes "those" people can get a bit touchy feely.

Nephew Alex will be defending his dissertation this Friday. He sent a picture of the Clemson Defense calendar to his mother for Mother’s Day.

Oh, I am aware of that, but sometimes "those" people can get a bit touchy feely.
    "those" people did rough us up a bit one night in an elevator....they do know how to push people around. And there were SO many of them.

Well, time to call it a night.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Well, time to call it a night.
    Fine, you're a cab.

Sleepless in San Antonio.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Sleepless in San Antonio.
    Try a taco; they’re great for insomnia.

Field trip today.
    All Hawaiian shirts for the rest of the school year.
    Soooooo close…

Field trip today.
    All Hawaiian shirts for the rest of the school year.
    Soooooo close…
    I loved field trips. Where ya goin?

I loved field trips. Where ya goin?
    This one is a traditional “fun day” to a bowling/laser tag/ropes course place. A tradition we haven’t been able to honor in several years. It’s very much toward the “camaraderie/team-building” end of things as opposed to being traditionally *educational.* I’m not sorry about that.

This one is a traditional “fun day” to a bowling/laser tag/ropes course place. A tradition we haven’t been able to honor in several years. It’s very much toward the “camaraderie/team-building” end of things as opposed to being traditionally *educational.* I’m not sorry about that.
    I think I would enjoy being in your class. Are you accepting grown men at your school?

first run to Costco (and the dump) since they did away with Geezer Hour...On Guard!

first run to Costco (and the dump) since they did away with Geezer Hour...On Guard!
    I believe it’s actually “ in gourd”.

Common mistake.