Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Christmas/Holiday Gift Ideas!?

Hey y'all,
    I know it's late in the game, but I was just wondering if y'all had any great Christmas/holiday gift ideas for the wife & boys aged 4, 9, & 12 (other than the requisite Duke merch). I've gotten them a few things I think they'll like but I always feel like I'm missing something they would really like! Any great surprises that you've gotten (or given) that blew you away? Any funny gift stories?

Quote Originally Posted by PSurprise View Post
    Hey y'all,
    I know it's late in the game, but I was just wondering if y'all had any great Christmas/holiday gift ideas for the wife & boys aged 4, 9, & 12 (other than the requisite Duke merch). I've gotten them a few things I think they'll like but I always feel like I'm missing something they would really like! Any great surprises that you've gotten (or given) that blew you away? Any funny gift stories?
    A lot of people I know are talking about how great air fryers are, but probably more for you and your wife than your boys.
    Rich
    "Failure is Not a Destination"
    Coach K on the Dan Patrick Show, December 22, 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    A lot of people I know are talking about how great air fryers are, but probably more for you and your wife than your boys.
    I've heard these are better than air fryers:

https://www.amazon.com/Copper-Chef-C.../dp/B072JYRVXB

And don't take up counter space!

Quote Originally Posted by aimo View Post

I’ve heard both of you will pay if you give either to your wife as a Christmas present. Must admit, I heard it from my wife as part of my daily training.

Well, air fryers also use a basket like that usually so I wouldn't say it is better so much as it is the same (if you have a convection oven, at least) just with longer preheat times (and higher energy usage if you care about that presumably) than the air fryer. They do eat up counter space though, no doubt about that.

The advantages of an air fryer aren't just the way that it cooks, but that it does it much faster than a conventional oven (I might just have a slow oven, but I can just about have a small meal done in the air fryer before the oven would even be preheated).

Ah, that reminds me of a question I have about Copper Chef products. Is there any copper in them or is it only in the name?

Quote Originally Posted by camion View Post
    Ah, that reminds me of a question I have about Copper Chef products. Is there any copper in them or is it only in the name?
    Good ole Google:

This cookware is not solid copper; rather, the pans are coated with layers of the ceramic non-stick material that is lightly infused with copper to promote heat transfer.

Good ole Google:

This cookware is not solid copper; rather, the pans are coated with layers of the ceramic non-stick material that is lightly infused with copper to promote heat transfer.
    And... It's very effective.

Best non-stick I've owned.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey View Post
    I’ve heard both of you will pay if you give either to your wife as a Christmas present. Must admit, I heard it from my wife as part of my daily training.
    Did you once buy a dual bag vacuum cleaner?

Last year my mother in law gave us an air fryer. I must admit that I rolled my eyes and was like "another goofy gift from the in-laws". I couldn't have been more wrong. I've used that air fryer so much in the last year. I've really only used it for chicken. We eat a lot of chicken and being able to go from fridge to table in 17 minutes is amazing.

Note that although I do love my air fryer, I am going to agree with Jeffery and advise that you not give one to your wife as a Christmas gift. At best, you give it to the family but it's a dangerous line to walk!

I bought my wife a picture frame that we can just email pictures to (you authorize the email addresses you want to allow). Since our oldest is in college, I think it will be great to have new pictures just magically show up. The one I bought is a Nix, had good Amazon reviews. Won't get here until tomorrow so I can't say much about it yet.

Quote Originally Posted by mkirsh View Post
    Did you once buy a dual bag vacuum cleaner?

No, I’m not a cheapskate. I bought my bride two (one for upstairs and one for downstairs). I’m a nice guy and didn’t want my wife having to frequently carry the vacuum up and down stairs.

No, I’m not a cheapskate. I bought my bride two (one for upstairs and one for downstairs). I’m a nice guy and didn’t want my wife having to frequently carry the vacuum up and down stairs.
    LOL, buying 2 vacuums for Christmas would facilitate two protective actions: Duck and Cover!

I came across memmo.me last night. It is a site for personalized messages from celebs and such (some more minor than others). Long story short, MrsPK now has a personal Christmas wish from Colin Mocharie waiting for her Christmas Day. (Maybe I’ll post it after Christmas).

Really kind of a genius idea — I bet those folks can knock out 15 or so an hour and make some extra dough from wherever they are. Especially in a time when live venues — the real revenue engine — are dodgy at best. And it’s wholly unique.

Don’t tell MrsPK if you see her.

I think the best gift anyone could give is a donation to the "Children of PackMan97 College Fund" on behalf of your gift recipient. They'll sleep well at night knowing that two wonderful boys will be that much closer to being able to afford college instead of an empty greeting from a minor celebrity looking to make a quick buck.

if anyone wants any details on how to make a donation, please private message me! Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by PackMan97 View Post
    I think the best gift anyone could give is a donation to the "Children of PackMan97 College Fund" on behalf of your gift recipient. They'll sleep well at night knowing that two wonderful boys will be that much closer to being able to afford college instead of an empty greeting from a minor celebrity looking to make a quick buck.

if anyone wants any details on how to make a donation, please private message me! Thanks!
    Why is it that every time I hit the submit button it shows all my money is going to Mrs. PackMan’s debit card?

Why is it that every time I hit the submit button it shows all my money is going to Mrs. PackMan’s debit card?
    Lies ¡she doesn't have a debit card.

Done. I mailed a check to PackMan97.com.

Oh wait, I may have forgotten postage.

Lies ¡she doesn't have a debit card.
    …. and Mrs. Jeffrey never shops online.

Thanks, it works, I feel better already!

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    I came across memmo.me last night. It is a site for personalized messages from celebs and such (some more minor than others). Long story short, MrsPK now has a personal Christmas wish from Colin Mocharie waiting for her Christmas Day. (Maybe I’ll post it after Christmas).

Really kind of a genius idea — I bet those folks can knock out 15 or so an hour and make some extra dough from wherever they are. Especially in a time when live venues — the real revenue engine — are dodgy at best. And it’s wholly unique.

Don’t tell MrsPK if you see her.
    Haven't heard of that one, but https://www.cameo.com/ has been around for quite some time.
    Rich
    "Failure is Not a Destination"
    Coach K on the Dan Patrick Show, December 22, 2016

Haven't heard of that one, but https://www.cameo.com/ has been around for quite some time.
    I’m sure some of your favorite Duke players are on that site with NIL!
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com